Are limited skins ruining ow?

Of all things that could be ruining the game, I think limited skins are pretty low on that totem pole.
It sure tears apart the forums, though.

I dont think its ruining it, but FOMO sucks in every sense

5 Likes

People already do that, and were doing it before this game ever had any limited time events.

1 Like

Isn’t it still kind of crappy to hack the store for a skin meant for charity…

Yeah, they shouldn’t do it. I think it is kind of obsessive to get so worked up about a cosmetic skin though. If it actually impacted the game I would see it as a little bit justifiable, but when it has no impact I find it annoying. I missed the first 2 all star and mvp event skins, and the pink mercy skin. I would love to have them, but I don’t ask for them to come back because I can accept that I missed them. That is just how it works

I think they do. There’s no reason to block content for people. Just because some didn’t have the time to play at the right moment for all sort of reasons (work, travel, anything else) or didn’t own the game back then doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have access to these skins later on.

8 Likes

Yeah definitely, shills love using the “it’s just cosmetic” argument to excuse any amount of corporate greed though

9 Likes

AH yes, the classic “you don’t agree with me, so I’ll call you names.” Stop.

You guys love using the “They think limited time cosmetics are okay, so they support all sorts of greedy business” things. It’s old. And not true.

3 Likes

It’s just bad for the game man. If I wanted to get into Overwatch today instead of when it came out, and I saw all the limited items it had, I wouldn’t buy the game, simple as that

9 Likes

Except cosmetics don’t change the gameplay. They don’t make you shoot faster, jump higher, or anything. They’re just cosmetics. They’re nice to have, yeah, but they don’t make you play differently.

2 Likes

How could challenge cosmetics RUIN overwatch? It’s not ‘ridiculous’ that’s what a challenge is, lmao.

5 Likes

Anyone who can’t get 9 wins in a week isn’t actively playing Overwatch anyways :woman_shrugging:

Making some skins limited and only unlockable by playing the game actually entices many people to come back to OW (and eventually get hooked again).

8 Likes

Nothing at all but a skin being limited or not doesnt change that

1 Like

You underestimate the power of my brain.

No and anyone that thinks other wise is weird and don’t have their head on straight.

1 Like

It’s keeping players engaged/interested during the pre OW 2 content drought, they’re a good thing.

4 Likes

No. Unfixed bugs are, like the silent footsteps audio bug that’s been in the game forever already and is the sole reason I don’t play anymore.

Sure, but how does it matter? There’s hundreds of skins in the game and they’re just skins.

If anything it’s a shame we don’t have force-everyone-to-default-model options in the game because for some people it’d help visual clarity a lot if the skins were forcibly disabled client-side.

No. Everyone has those.

I feel like there aren’t enough special skins.

1 Like

To me it shows how long I’ve been playing Overwatch. The oldest limited skin I have is Noire Widowmaker and the newest is Thunder Doomfist or the Sigma and Tracer challenges