Are Aim trainers the Quickest way to warm up?

I am the kind of person that requires warm up to be able to perform good on aim incentive heroes, (Ashe, Soldier, Ana, Baptiste). If I dont warm up before playing comp I feel very rusty to the point where my accuracy with Ashe becomes around 20% only compared to my usual 40-50%.

Today in the morning I played competitive without warming up and it honestly felt like I was throwing on Ashe even when trying my best, I was missing the EASIEST shots and had accuracy at around 20%, I quickly switched to a less aim incentive hero (Mei, Reaper) and was able to barely win that match. (When I played cold like this it took multiple matches just to feel alright, I did not loose any of these matches but it felt horrible playing them)

Later today in a new gaming session I started off by warming up using Kovaaks Aim Trainer for around 10-20 min, and I immediately noticed in the first match that my accuracy and aim were much better than earlier today. I had an accuracy of 58% and had 20K damage in that match and the one after. (After warming up it felt AMAZING playing these matches and hitting shots no problem, it was very fun)

I today climbed from somewhere around 3250 to 3370 on DPS and got to around 3030 Tank

I only get to play for around 2 hours in a gaming session, so I would like to warm up as fast as possible so I can get a couple of competitive games in before having to go.
Would going for around 15 minutes of warm up inside of the Aim Trainer (In an environment with focus on training aim), be better than playing in Overwatch where you might not get as much focus on aim?

Not sure if it is important, but here is My settings:
800 DPI
10 Overwatch Sensitivity
17,3cm/360
Wrist aiming
100FOV
1920x1080

I usually warm up in two ways:

1. Going for triple headshot hook shots with Widow in the training range for a ~10 minutes.
  2. Widow headshot-only FFA.

Usually I do either 1 or 1+2.

There are also workshop game modes designed for aim training (though I don’t have any saved so I can’t give codes).

Unlike third-party aim trainers these have the advantage of being in-game so there is no disparity between training and in-match (like there can be with aim trainers if you can’t tweak them to perfectly match how Overwatch handles sensitivity, FOV, scopes, etc.)

2 Likes

I am not sure if I am understanding this correctly. Do you try to go for hitting 3 consecutive headshots in one hook? If yes, do you charge the shots or quickly shoot with minimal charge?

In Kovaaks Aim Trainer I have set it up to perfectly match with the sensitivity, FOV and etc, so its pretty much identical.

I only get to play for around 2 hours in a gaming session, so I would like to warm up as fast as possible so I can get a couple of competitive games in before having to go.
Would going for around 15 minutes of warm up inside of the Aim Trainer (In an environment with focus on training aim), be better than playing in Overwatch where you might not get as much focus on aim?

If you want to warm up as fast as possible a lower sens is better if not it takes 30 minutes - 1 hour to warm up you are looking to be playing at your peak on hitscan at around 2-6 hours in a gaming session then it declines.

Lower sens is shorter to warm up on and more consistant but more tiring after long times.

Higher sens longer to warm up but you dont fatigue as fast.

So it does not matter how you warm up but playing Overwatch or kovaaks for 30 minutes-1 hour and you should play better the longer the better or type aim arena in custom games and play that for 30 minutes.

2 Likes

damn dude you’re progressing fast !! Good job master is coming ! :smiley:

1 Like

I sadly can not stand playing with slow sens/arm aiming. It just does not suit me at all =[

That’s the problem for me =[ I am only allowed to play for 2 hours at a time, so I by the time I have somewhat warmed up I need to go =[

Thank you very much! It would not have been possible without your and the other guys reviews on my VOD’s, it has helped a TON! <3

Is kovaaks aim trainer a specific custom game?

I’ve been trying to figure out how to improve my aim with limited available play time. So I’d be interested in modes that can help with that.

1 hook up in the air, and then 3-4 headshots on 3-4 different bots before touching the ground again. Charge isn’t important here. It’s all about flicking and rapid target switching to get as many headshots as possible. And it can also be done without scoping in to warm up no-scope aim.

2 Likes

This one is a separate game entirely. There are plenty workshop modes available though, unit lost did a video on the one I use. I can’t remember the name of it but it’s the one set in Havana if you end up looking for it.
Or you can use aim lab. It’s free and pretty good for the most part. I dont think the scopes are quite right so I’d avoid widow/Ashe training on there

1 Like

Aim trainers are useless, nothing is better than actualy warm up by playing the the game. Warm up in ffa deathmatch.

Your sens is very high, that is why you need to warm up before playing. Arm aimer with lower sens usually dont need as much warm up.

1 Like

no, custom games are the quickest way

just go into “aim training” or “ffa” games and play until you feel you are hitting your shots

I dont agree with it being useless, I have noticed a HUGE improvement in my flicks + tracking after training in it for weeks/months. It has given me better overall mouse control. There are hundreds of scenarios to train even very specific things.

Also a very good thing with Aim Trainers is that there is no downtime, you can practice for a full 10 minutes an you have been spending it all on aiming and thus improving it. In overwatch there is much more down time and other things such as abilities shields and etc that wont let you train your aim as effectively.

I see. That is one big downside to Wrist aiming I guess =[ But I have gotten used to Wrist aiming my whole life with fast sens, and just cant play with a slower sens/using my arm.

I have tried them out before, they are good, but there is also a lot of spam like doomfists and etc

But would this happen if you played the OW instead? I Think yes.

Thats what I suggested FFA deathmatch.

But Ok, I admit it can be beneficial.

1 Like

It would indeed be possible to improve only using the game. What I mean is that I have been playing shooter games for years and just recently when I started doing Kovaaks Aim Trainer I noticed a HUGE improvement in no time compared to only playing.

I missed that part when reading your comment xD

Nice =]

You should try those training mode I made in workshop, one of them is like AimHero, the code is E0MHC, the other one is a practive range with my AI bots, the code is 9R7YQ.

I play ffa a bit, but I kind of don’t need to. I do spend 10 min on one of the ow flickshot custom games.

I will try those out! Thanks for creating them, bookmarking your post =]

I use an older version of GiveMeHanzo’s bot workshop because I always forget the latest code. Still serves the purpose.

1 Like

I prefer Aim Arena. https://workshop.elohell.gg/QwyunVmhE/Aim+Arena+FFA/ It is faster than a normal FFA and more accurate than any third-party program.