Archives 2020 is cancelled

I bought it to play with friends before pve was builded up with pve, 222 make it terrible now for solo when friends left. So pve is all i had now

My problem is RESELING PVP BACK AGAIN AS SEPARATED GAME
Why i spend money on one overwatch, if other one have the same stuff? Upgrade it at least. Or dont add old pvp to new overwatch at all?

It’s not rushing to a conclusion at all when you literally titled your thread “Archives 2020 is cancelled”. That was literally the definition of bait for anyone on the forums looking for information that missed the live stream. So no, I didn’t rush to anything, but thanks anyway.

1 Like

Imagine if a game like The Last of Us was a fully fledged competitive PvP game at release. Then a few years down the track they add the story mode that we have now and charge full price for it.

Say it with me:

P v E

Are you kidding me?..

They’re barely do anything for events, and now they’re going to cancel the one event that actually has something new?

3 Likes

Yea but they gona add old pvp in new game too and its gona be part of price of it right?

Are you even suprised at this point?

There’s literally no way to know. Pretty sure we don’t even know what the price is yet.
For all we know they could reduce the price for owners of Overwatch 1.

well im technically not wrong. the event will still run, but any new content for it other than cosmetics is… c a n c e l l e d

Youre complaining about them including more content? You want less content when you buy ow2? If you want pve youre getting it, so a win for you. If you want the pvp you get updates and dont need to pay, so a win for you. If youre big issue is $30-$60 dollars maybe find a cheaper hobbie, picking flowers is free and much less stressful than ow.

No, to be quiet frank. They’ve already managed to shatter any remaining expectations I have for them

Oh well, guess I’ll play in like a year or two when they decide to care for the game again.

1 Like

Who does that tho? I dont imagine they will do more than letting us keep cosmetic items.
Its alredy upgrade for how fiffa games work, but come on, i avoid those for long time just because they are keep geting “refreshed” over and over, what make them cost to much.

So next gona be overwatch 3, having old pvp from 1 one, pve from 2 one, and battle royale or something else added to it too.

You mean once they’ve added the numerous maps and heroes from OW2, right?

It’s not cancelled, they just said no new mission is being made, and we will have the same archives as last time plus new skins

1 Like

You’re mad that they are giving you the option to not spend money on the new game and still get all the new heroes and maps?

Im mad at option to buy next game that half of it is copy of this one ?
It supposed to have SAME PVP as the old overwatch so far

bruh

Yes, meanwhile the main base game will shrivel up and die as people continue to play on the same maps for years now with the same events chasing imaginary comp points for no reason.

Only to be revived when OW2 releases…

Yes. They made it that way so you don’t have to buy the new game at all. If you don’t want the PvE content, then you don’t need to buy it.

That’s why they are doing it. So that you don’t have to make a new purchase and still get all the new pvp stuff.

I WANT PVE CONTENT MORE THAN PVP

I dont want to buy another time pvp content. What im supposed to do with it? Use it as smurf?

Then buy the new PVE content. They could have just made this a separate PVE only game.

Edit

They literally transfer all your stuff over. What do you mean smurf? It’s the same account.

2 Likes