Archives 2020 is cancelled

Wait soo… overwatch 2 gona have EVERYTHING the same as overwatch 1 + pve… and we gona buy new game for that? oh we only re-buy half the game got it.

2 Likes

Jeff said it’s only the tip of the iceberg.

Man you sound so entitled.

1 Like

Welp, i will turst them if comics will be back not soon tming in background.

Mayby i do, mayby i just dont see point in this now, if they do new engine like they said, but put stuff from old one to the new one, then it means they could put old game in it insted of making it separated one too.

I dont have cash for another full price blizzard game. Rather play free games with free expansions later on if they gona just drop this game now then and make new one as upgrade to old one

Can’t cancel what was never gonna be.

i already specified this

They could also just give everything away for free and never make money but that wouldnt make them a very good business. If you dont want pve you get all the new content for pvp and no need for a new game, if you want the pve get the new game but you dont need to swap between them if you want pvp. Plus all skins moving over? idk how people are complaining about this lol

I prefere pve of current game over pvp.
I would pay for expansion, not full price game (aka cheeper stuff)

Im not mad at skins moving, but it made it sound like whole pvp is in overwatch 2 again too.

1 Like

I dont mind that the event is cancelled. Im more interesting, if we get any new hero or map before OW2 release.

Overwatch 1 coud be use as test for OW2 maps/heroes. I’m happy for a new game PvP-mode, “Push” looks good.

Maybe they’ll release a Hong Kong map for new years. Really cement the one china narrative.

They are going to be giving you free stuff for OW1 for a long time w/ how they are handling OW2. They arent gonna cut you off so be happy. The game will continue to get better for you.

You just wont have access to the cool PVE stuff unless you buy OW2.

I think the whole pvp is in ow2, which to me makes sense. Then people dont have to swap away from ow2 to play pvp. I do get that could come across a bit strange, but it provides a lot of choice in what ow players get to do, and im always a fan of devs letting us choose. They couldve dumped ow1 and made everyone swap, but they didnt. If you like the pve part of ow more than the multiplayer it sounds like youll need to get ow2. This also makes sense to me because when i bought ow i was not expecting it to be full of pve, this is a whole new game in my mind.
Im also hoping its not full price ($60 USD), im hoping for $30, but expecting $40+, we shall see.

No new archives event = no cutt off?
No more lore comics was not cut off?
hmmm

I rather play CURRENT PVE FROM OVERWATCH THAN ITS PVP MODE

And my only problem is that it sound like you rebuy old game + new pve stuff so far, like if the pvp would be at least DIFFEREND it would make sense. But its gona so far be same one with new mode as far as we know.

Lord, everybody on these forums likes to exaggerate EVERYTHING way out of proportion. Archives is NOT cancelled, there will still be an Archives event with new skins and cosmetics, Jeff simply said that there will not be a new PvE challenge added because the development team is focusing on OW2. The old modes will still be available in addition to new skins and cosmetics. Do the people making these threads even listen to what Jeff says?

and you sure rushed to conclusion as well. i explained down in the comments if you cared to read before rushing to your own judgement

lol i can imagine that sadly

We might get archives 2020. Remember archives is a lot about past missions. Overwatch 2 is placed in the future. We might be able to see old missions. Maybe one of the first overwatch missions with Ana,Soldier,Reinhardt and Reaper. That can be really cool

Meaning Archives will now be just like all the other events.

Who cares? There’s going to be a full story game, I’d rather pay 50 bucks for that than a free 30 minute mission with copy pasted enemies

It looked like we’ll be getting Echo and Sojourn.

I dont see what youre upset about, if you bought ow as a pve game thats honestly on you. Its a pvp focused game and was marketed as such…so you bought a pvp game hoping it would have pve (which it does occasionally), they took your fav part of this game and make an entire new experience focused around it…and youre mad because development of such an experience costs money? Come on.