Arabic chat please?

Hello dev team and you guys
I am from Saudi Arabia my mother language is Arabic .I just want one thing from dev team to add to the game .Support for Arabic language in chat . that is it nothing else nothing more allow us to write in Arabic in in game chat that would awesome . I am not talking full game support like main menu and voice line just the chat that would be great start especially now that we have Saudi Arabia teams and some participants in the league
Thanks for reading

23 Likes

I mean I don’t see why not, the more accessible to players, the better.

12 Likes

Wait don’t they already have it? That’s really weird, I thought there was quite a decent playerbase of people who speak Arabic.

3 Likes

I think what he’s trying to ask for is some sort of chat translator.

Imagine if you can select the language of choice in any version of the game and have it display the language that you want to see.

You and I may type English in chat while the software translates to the language set on the receiving computer.

Personally, I think it may not be allowed. Chat translation may be too hard to follow for some interested folks. :eyes:

The game has a decent Language pool, but extra wouldn’t hurt at all!
I wouldn’t mind an option for Tagalog, it just depends if there is enough demand I believe

I think he refers to the fact Arabic is written from right-to-left, I guess it is not supported? Weird though.

no I mean Arabic typing .right now we cannot type in Arabic it displays it with squares not letters that would really nice to see :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Arabic, unlike English, is written from right to left.

Hello-----مرحبا

OW doesn’t support Arabic letters, and op is asking for Arabic letters to be supported in OW.

I agree OP, it would be a nice feature.

2 Likes

I think he just meant being able to type in and send messages in the Arabic alphabet, because currently the game chat does not support it. I know it supports the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets, I don’t know about the other ones.

1 Like

Aren’t you guys using Arabizi as an alternative though?

For those that don’t know, Arabians have an “alternative” language for online chat rooms that combine letters and numbers.

For example: 9ba7 el 5air! Sha5barich? (good morning, how are you?)

buddy this is so cringe we speak in Arabic therefore we should speak and write in Arabic. we should get Arabic support here now almost every game supports Arabic some games go as far as to add accents like Egyptian along side native Arabic why is Overwatch so special ?

That’s what they already do, if they can be bothered to do so.

But imagine there had to be made a whole work around language just because the actual characters of their Language aren’t really being supported in games ~

1 Like

I think they refer to the arabic letters. I saw in the subtitles that one of Anas lines haven’t got translated to english and the characters were invisible.

1 Like

buddy :laughing: this :point_up: is so :scream: cringe :mask: why :question:is Overwatch :video_game: so special :sparkles:

1 Like

that one is not so…practical…
i know so many friends that don’t understand english arabic.

maybe english arabic is good for short and easy talks but sometimes i wanna talk about a long a$$ topic and english arabic is just ehHH… B A D.

3 Likes

that’s fair enough :grin:

While this is true, it also comes down to how many people with said language play. There could be 40 million people playing the game but if only 3,000 speak only Arabic then it might not be worth the time.

Arabic would also require making text chat go from right to left I believe.

1 Like

Hm I honestly thought something like Arabic is supported. Especially after 4 years. I know they keep adding languages but to me Arabic is a popular one.

1 Like

Im not even Arabic, but I like this idea because I would be able to paste some text emotes

1 Like

I did some looking into and none of Blizzard’s games currently support Arabic. This suggests they don’t even have the localization resources in place to even do so. Not saying this feedback is a bad idea, just don’t expect additional text languages for Overwatch any time soon.

2 Likes