"Applying update" gave me a loss + abandoned game

So me and my friend wanted to play comp, like you do kek, and we got accepted into a match but before we joined we got a “applying update” issue. I restarted my game cause the internet people told me to, i did, i got suspended for 15 minutes, and loss on my card + abandoned match on my history.

111 Likes

Same problem as you , already got a 15 minutes penalty for abandoned match.
Blizzard plz fix this bug ASAP.

19 Likes

I just had this happen to me, I was in a stack with a couple friends and they got into the game and I got stuck on the applying update screen. Account got a 15 minute ban, and they were saying they even capped the point a man down.

13 Likes

Same here. Happen with recent patch.

9 Likes

Bingo, same problem here too :wave:

7 Likes

Same here. Tried to get back in, but instead I got 15 min suspend, game abandon, and dropped my endorsement level.

Thanks Blizz!

10 Likes

happened twice now. on an 8hr ban

7 Likes

I have an hour suspend now same issue

5 Likes

Same here. Just had this happen while I was queued with a friend.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issues. Got an hour ban now

3 Likes

wow this might explain all the canceled matches today lol

5 Likes

same here, I got a 1h ban already for this :cry:

5 Likes

Yesterday bcs of this issue got suspended for 15mins and today an hour … :tired_face:

6 Likes

Same here, it’s the third time on a row and it’s getting waaaay to out of hand because that’s an 8 hour ban for me.

6 Likes

Happened to me yesterday, haven’t played it since because I’m worried it’ll happen again. Many people are having the same issue and I haven’t seen a response yet to any of the bug reports.

4 Likes

Happened to me twice now, 15 min and now 1 hour. pls Blizzard this needs a fix ASAP. How will they fix our ranked history?
Please unban me!

4 Likes

Developers need to roll back all the bans and mmr/sr loss on affected accounts

8 Likes

Same issue here. As if the game isn’t hard enough to climb with the terrible matchmaking they throw curveballs like this to make it even harder. Thanks blizzard!

7 Likes

yup I got the 8hr ban too. got the applying update issue 3 times

4 Likes

You’re 1 or 2 APPLYING UPDATE disconnects away from receiving a seasonal ban. The SR/MMR is gone but I’d avoid competitive if I were you. There’s no telling if they’ll roll back bans considering they haven’t even acknowledged this issue since update launch.

5 Likes