Applying Update bug

Twice in two days, my game has gotten hung up on Applying Update when I try to play comp, resulting in a suspension and (I assume) an unfair leaver penalty.

49 Likes

Yeah, this bug is an issue since it will lead to an eventual competitive ban for 2 months and huge MMR/SR loss.

5 Likes

Same issue here, 2 games in one night so far leading to 15 and 1 hour bans, as a player who puts money into this game, it is ridiculous to expect me not asking for refunds if the game cannot be played without these bugs, if this forum isnt replied to it shows the lack of respect on blizzards behalf of its fanbase, furious with this!

6 Likes

I Have the same issue and now i’m ban for 1h (for now) because of this bug and I dont even want to know how much SR i will lost. I’m Master 4 and i will certainly drop to diamond 5 at this rate. Fix my penality and recover my SR pls Blizzard.

3 Likes

The same issue here; twice in a row hit with this bug and then slapped with two bans. Would be great if they actually did something to fix this, rather than loosing their player base due to getting banned from games for something we can’t do anything about.

4 Likes

Happened again to me just now. This is the third time its happened to me and now i have an 8 hour ban! This is ridiculous !!

5 Likes

got banned 2nd time too because of this bug. Fix it fast pls

3 Likes

Same, this just happened to me and now I have a ban.
This is a major issue. It’s preventing players from playing and it’s resulting in unjustified penalty on games to play + MMR/SR.

Blizzard will need to work not only on a fix but also on a compensation for impacted players by the bug

4 Likes

Same here including a ban!

I was NOT for even a SECOND into the Match. I did NOT leave the Match!

3 Likes

happened to me today

2 Likes

I got suspended because of this bug.

2 Likes

i have same issues, hope they fix soon

2 Likes

I just got hit with a suspension for an hour, and got my endorsement level docked. Thanks Blizzard.

2 Likes

Same thing just happened to me, not cool, im pushing top500 leaderboards and unfair losses like this are not okay. Whats going on Blizzard???

2 Likes

Same I am getting this bug aswell it needs to be patched asap

2 Likes

Same for me : 2 looses, and penality

2 Likes

Aaand here as well. 2 bans, goodbye to my rank :>

2 Likes

Got banned too… screen just stuck ‘‘applying update’’. It’s really not fair

2 Likes

same here its really annoying im on my second one because of this exact issue and im assuming they wont take away these punishments

2 Likes

Twice in two days, now I have a one-hour suspension … great, just great.

Losing rank by playing the game ?! … nahh.
Losing rank due to the “Applying Update” bug … now that is the good stuff.

4 Likes