Apex Legends adds its first transgender character

While we get a player icon called “Rainbow” and two awkward sexuality reveals when it was convenient for the company to do so.

I don’t know man. Representation matters (and no, nothing is being shoved in your face, grow up) but why do I feel like this game that claims to celebrate all walks of life has really failed in doing so? Like, really failed. Hard.

50 Likes

You got every day of the year my man. And there’s plenty of cis straight heroes to go around.

33 Likes

Considering blizz barely cares about about human rights and not even their own employees
I don’t expect to see a genuine good trans character anytime soon tbh

31 Likes

I don’t trust them to handle it either, honestly. I don’t know, it’s just embarrassing to be a part of this game.

10 Likes

If that matters so much to you, play Apex Legends.

I like playing as the elderly woman that endured through hardships even losing an eye, and the sadness she goes through seeing her daughter living the same kind of life. I feel it speaks way more about conflicts of life.

69 Likes

I didnt know gender was a sexuality. Thanks for the heads up

9 Likes

I still don’t even know what that means. But I don’t really care

1 Like

I’m sure we’ll get there with Overwatch 2 with them adding new heroes every 18 weeks, was it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Gender isnt a sexuality and I dont think you know what cis even means.

PS. All of human language is made up words

15 Likes

I think you posted on the wrong forums. APEX forums →

7 Likes

K boomer

You’re saying an LGBTQ+ character can’t be written seriously?

12 Likes

What is the character called?

Edit: nvm looked it up

This is actually hilarious.

Hear that everyone, being transgender is a sexual preference now

12 Likes

Catalyst!:black_heart:

She creates things using a black fluid. Ramps, bridges, etc. aka a far more interesting version of Sym

4 Likes

how do we know Zayra isnt trans? What, because the game doesn’t tell you? How could you possibly tell?

6 Likes

I think we should get a transwoman and transman character at least one of each. If written well there is no issue.

There are MANY cis women who are bodybuilders…

7 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t trust blizzard to write them well

On the other hand if it makes the ‘phobes seethe I’m okay with it

7 Likes

To even play any game made by this company is embarrassing nowadays :joy:

1 Like

umm sweaty, trans women are women.

you know the rules and so do i