Apex does rezzes correctly - OW take notes

1. ANYONE on the team can revive a team mate, not just one person.
  2. Lifeline rezzes people faster than her team mates and has a counterable way to block incoming damage with her shield (which can be easily outplayed)
  3. You can bring back your entire team, anyone can do it, but only at a specific location. Meaning = Not OP.
  4. The rez is cancel-able, meaning, once you commit, if you’re under fire you don’t just stand there like a sitting duck accepting your fate.

Overwatch, take notes. THAT is how you use rez mechanics in a shooter. And do it right. Frustrated mercy mains, I think I found a new game for you.

In terms of mechanics, Apex simply shines. YourOverwatch said it best.

34 Likes

It’s a battle royale overwatch isn’t

120 Likes

I would love this, but only if your Rez point is closer to the enemy, or maybe on koth maps in the middle.

Rez like in battlefield 5 and apex wouldn’t work in ow

22 Likes

I think Overwatch needs less rezzes, not more. Team fights would be endless until ult storms finally take out the whole team.

13 Likes

ult storms already take out the whole team now, GOATS is basically endless without rez as well.

same

Nah fam, we need more rezzes, not one tied to one hero so everyone can hate on em for it. Or maybe not have it in the game at all if they don’t know how to do it right.

Since apex was introduced people have left ow, still competition.

1 Like

This.

This is why her Rez is now a solo-Rez and why it is very heavy on the commitment. They don’t want people just spamming Rez willy-nilly until they can finally safely pull it off lmao.

2 Likes

Then don’t make it instant and put it on a cooldown. But make Mercy’s a bit faster, like they did in the omnic crisis event. Done.

1 Like

i’d rather have no rezes at all

4 Likes

Gonna need something to replace it with then. Ideas?

Yeah, sometimes ult storms take out the team, but most team fights are not won through multiple ults. I’m saying there would ONLY be fights won through ult storms if everybody could rez everyone else.

And GOATS isn’t nearly the problem everyone makes it out to be. It’s the most easily-counterable meta we’ve had in a couple of years.

Even pros complain about GOATS though, so isn’t that a problem?

We are talking about in game mechanic in two totaly differend game tytles, and in one rezz was actualy reduced a lot.

Mostly pros complain about meta they created, and most of the players complain about this one, even if they made just the same day posts about not having tanks on thier team for most of time…

1. Apex is a Battle Royal game, it wouldn’t work well in Overwatch, a role fokus game. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Blizzard already tried it.

2. Having a shield when reviving would be overpowered in Overwatch.

3. Overwatch is a 6v6 fast paced game on small maps, mass rez was always a bad idea.

4. Be smarter about where and when you rez someone in Overwatch. Apex is a much larger game, so it’s extremely difficult to determine where you can get attacked from.

3 Likes
  1. Overwatch needs a BR mode. So people can stop comparing the two.

Also with the rez shield thing, it takes lifeline like 5 seconds to revive a player. I think the shield can break as well but not sure

How would this work in OVERWATCH when you teammates is going to respawn and be back in 15 seconds?

It would take longer to rez them they just let them respawn and come back.

TLDR different games are different

3 Likes

you don’t respawn in Apex

kind of an important difference, no?

6 Likes

You added a TL;DR on a two sentence post? lol

You respawn through another team mate bringing you back into a game via taking your card to a revive center (forget the name). There’s no auto timers.

It’s not even Rez tho, it’s a respawn, what a revolutionary idea.
(tbh in BR genre it’s kinda is)

Pros complain about a lot of things. They also enjoy cracking metas, though, and I’ve seen plenty of GOATS-breaking comps from pro players in the last few months.