Anyone see a lot more cheaters?

He has balanced matches, in silver, where he belongs…

you think being silver, and being put against Masters, grandmasters and top500 players is “Balanced”?

I have seen one obvious cheater in the entire time of playing this game since 2016. Was a few months ago, Sojourn using an aimbot only on her railgun right click.

Besides that I haven’t encountered a single instance where I thought “Yeah that’s definitely cheating”.

Some people are simply better that you and me and screaming “Cheater” will not make you improve. Instead of trying to find signs of cheating in other people’s gameplay you should look at your own and see what could be improved.

I’ve seen like maybe 2 cheaters top since OW2, and I’m not so sure about one of them.

Cheating is pretty rampant in this game right now, Some of it is console players using xim/chronos type gadgets and using keyboard/mouse to have kb/m aim with console aim assist. Most of it is just good old fashioned PC aimbot and walls though. Enforcement is basically zero right now, you’ve got a better chance of getting banned for saying there are only 2 genders in chat than you do for cheating.

Blizzard games = historically toxic and full of cheaters. Call of Duty Warzone being the most recent and blatant example.

4 Likes

Its the subtle cheats you can’t see that you should be worried about, not the blatantly obvious ones.

3 Likes

WELcome tO OverWatCh

Literally see a cheater every session I play. 4-5 games at a time. I know my gameplay is average at best, seeing how I’ve been hard stuck silver 3 since OW2 dropped, but it’s ridiculous. And the only way I can confirm my statement is that I report said player (I’m suspicious of cheating) and every time I log in, I’m thanked for my report and that it’s led to a ban.

2 Likes

Bro yes. Been hard stuck silver 3 for idk how long. I’m not the greatest player to grace the field, but its wild how often I see a cheater. I’m okay with being bad, but not getting smacked 44-1 and getting told to “get gud”.

1 Like

I see a lot of cheaters in the Australian region.
Meanwhile, in Japan, if you see a cross-play icon, it guarantees a Ximmer.

1 Like

Since S10 I have seen a clear increase in what appears to be cheaters (mainly wall hacking), so maybe there’s a new/updated hack out?

1 Like

Fun food for thought

There are 5 players per team. 10 players per match.

If only 1% of the player base cheats- you’ll be likely to cross a cheater every 10 games.

But surely game as prestigious as overwatch that’s entirely free to play with nothing to lose backed by the amazing anti cheat employed by blizzard would have way less than 1% cheating player base- right?

1 Like

Because it’s almost summer, and most common consumers of cheats - students - are on holidays.

1 Like

But hanzo can see people through walls so aiming a dragon using that is pretty smart. Hardly seems an example of either cheating or a hack.

Yes, alot more. If Blizzard ban one type of cheat, then the cheat makers just make a patch that remedies the ban Blizzard had on the cheat.

3 Likes

Yes, and Soldier doing this with rockets. It looks like this…

Their primary fire is only midling, and then they shoot their alternate fire and don’t even stick around to see if it hits. They just assume that it does and move on.

If he is against Masters it means the average ranks of the teams are the same, so he has a master in his team too (or maybe 2 diams idk)…

two diamonds does not a masters make

It doesn’t help that if you think someone is closet cheating they can fly under the radar as long as they aren’t blatant. I’ve reported quite a few people I was sure were closet cheaters. Widowmaker players that would prefire around corners because they expected you to walk into their shots. Soldier players that never aimed for the head, or ever got headshot kills, even when they were using Visor. It was always the same spot on the stomach. Other Widowmakers that had incredibly snappy aim and all of their kills were only headshots. None of them were banned.

If you play the early morning hours US times on US servers, you will find A LOT of cheaters. A LOT.

Last month saw a noticeable increase, and interestingly, a massive chunk of those were endorsement lvl 4 or 5, very strange.

1 Like