Anyone see a lot more cheaters?

Been catching a lot of Hanzos, Mccrees, Ashes, Widows, and even Kiri cheaters.

Their tracking is bad they never adjust their aim through drastic movements and always have suspicious aiming behavior in perfect cornershots constantly or shooting a dragon through a wall that is perfectly aligned towards my own team no matter wherethey are.

Anyone else catching these wallhackers pately? I swear there’s more of them then ever.

Whenever I suspect a cheater I go through the match replay. Usually this is for Hanzos who use their sonic arrow poorly. And seem to have perfect positioning towards whatever their facing and get substantially more damage then normal.

And you can tell they aren’t that good of a player through their gameplay habits. Bad ultimate and ability usage check, poor teamwork check, was horrible at other heros as a substantially large gap check, and the most obvious is…they always have their screen almost always centered right where the team is at.

Like Hanzo cheaters are easy to find just from how they try to spam their sonic arrows to hide their hacking. Some would even still track my team through the wall even when they avoid the sonic arrow.

Something has to be done here.

12 Likes

I don’t know if I’m playing the right game or not, but I’ve only seen like 5 cheaters since OW2 launched.

8 Likes

I am in the same boat. I’m sure we have likely missed a few along the way, but certainly nothing like the ppl who say they see like 2 per game, or every other game.

6 Likes

Been playing this game for 100 years only met 0.0037% cheaters.

7 Likes

Yet another advantage of playing unranked exclusively.

Tbh, of the 8000-ish games I’ve played on this account, I can’t recall one single instance of thinking “that player is cheating.”

Have I missed a cheater? Possibly, perhaps even likely. Does it matter? Nope. Not even a little bit.

Just lucky I guess :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that PC and console pools are separate because I’ve played with SO MANY cheating Widows. I really thought that was just good PC aim because I didn’t know what ximming was.

If you xim as Widow and got a compliment from me, I’d like it back. I’m also suing you for emotional damages.

2 Likes

So far I have only seen 1 Soldier having an incredible obvious aimbot.

A friend of mine and me watched the replay from Soldiers PoV and my first comment was “Oh, wait is he having ultimate on?” because the dude aimed at the enemy Mercy that flew past like his ult was on but permanently.

Seen alot of Ashe, Hanzos and Widowmaker aimbotters though. Unsurprising. OW2 is a free game so cheating does zero harm if you can just create a new account.

I do not even watch the replay if I suspect a cheater, I just report them and move on. Let Blizzard sort it out.

3 Likes

I have yet to see one this season

yesterday i think i seen a 76 cheater like i swear yesterday i seen multiple cheaters its not fun when your not exactly the best player in the world whos trying to play just to go against a cheater like i may not be perfect but i would NEVER resort to CHEATING

1 Like

Game is infected with cheaters and trolls.

2 Likes

All over, the problem is it’s getting really hard to tell the difference between cheats and skill.

Had an Ana hitting all kinds of crazy shots. They had an open profile so a quick check showed that even though they had relatively low hours on Ana they had hundreds of hours on Widowmaker and it all makes sense.

I’d advise everyone to go open profiles.

I came across two hogs yesterday tracking through walls and aimbotting. Seemed sus in kill cams but then during the replays it was clear as day because you can see both teams through walls and it becomes so obvious. Also have seen a lot of Hanzo, Soldier and Cass. Surprisingly, it’s rare that I seem a cheating widow, at least in my games. It always seems to be the same certain heroes in batches which makes me think they’re all probably using the same cheat program.

Sometimes it’s difficult to tell if someone is cheating or if they’ve spent 5000 hours in Aimblabs (/s) until you watch a replay and they start tracking through walls and they’re snapping to targets in the exact same spot every single time.

3 Likes

I guess you would most likely find cheaters in GM/Master Rank as their cheats will boost them quickly to those ranks. In lower rank most likely smurfs.

I know people who have a really hard time differentiating AI pics from human made ones

Wrong
Many people use cheats as an aim assist
Their goal is not being a GM player just better than their actual skill, get an advantage

Um. Okay. Your point is I’m just missing them?

I see you missed my point that that hasn’t mattered at all.

I don’t play comp. Cheaters in unranked, especially console unranked, has never been a thing for me.

But I guess I’m just obtuse :man_shrugging:

No, it makes sense to not really see any in console unranked games. The aimbotting/walling cheaters people tend to notice are on PC and you can come across them in QP and in any rank.

I hardly saw any in OW1 aside from a hard aimbotting Baptiste being pocketed by a Mercy in QP and it didn’t do them any good because they lost anyway :joy: But now that the game is F2P, it’s guaranteed we’ll see more since people can just create a new account and go on about cheating like they were on the last account just like every other FPS that’s F2P.

3 Likes

These forums are so full of blind idiots they wouldnt know what cheating was and just assume everyone is a smurf. My only advise is to only play overwatch after an update and only for a day or two, or get cheats yourself. Its sad but this is what Overwatch is now.

On console it’s absolutely out of control