Anyone know where the Megathread went?

Specifically this one?

It used to be pinned, but it looks like it somehow dissapeared from the rest of the pinned threads. Anyone know what happened to it?

It got flagged by the community until it was closed.

I noticed. But I didn’t realized that this also causes the thread to be unlisted. Doesn’t this mean that in theory - any of those pinned threads can be closed and unlisted then if they’re flagged enough?

1 Like

It’s possible that the devs decided it wasn’t worth keeping.

Why keep it, when they don’t listen to feedback anyway.

6 Likes

So…they aren’t bringing the megathread back anymore? :man_shrugging:

It’s been unpinned several times in the past. It usually gets re-pinned the next day or so.

1 Like

Someone keeps flagging it and in every 10th hour it gets closed for an entire day. Thats ridicolous.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/feedback-thread-continued-part-iii-mercy-updates-jan-30-2018/78889/18562

There is a link to the megathread if someone is asking. 11 hours left until it reopens and no one knows when it shuts down again because the flag spam.

Makes me think - what if Blizzard themselves are doing it? Directly shutting down megathread can cause uproar, while keeping it flagged can be blamed on community.

Tinfoil hat time?

Thread already been unpinned few times, and only mods have ability to do so. So having them flag it doesn’t sound so impossible.

1 Like

Only mods are supposed to be able to close threads, but now they’re locked by flags too. It’s more than possible that the extreme amount of flags requires the thread be unpinned to undo them all.

I dont know why there are flag option on a megathread controlled by the mods and devs.

Not sure if forum shows closing thread by flags or by mods differently. In list of threads, it simply marked as closed, without reason behind it.

Considering all the hidden censorship style I’ve seen already by 404ing entire threads without explanation or just locking them without answering at the people asking why I wouldn’t be surprised.

This company is shady, I do not trust them anymore… They are like EA now…

No use keeping a thread pinned if it’s constantly false flagged. Keep it gone, I’d say.

3 Likes

Assuming it’s actually false flagging. Mods could easily undo flagging, if they wanted to.

try using the search feature.

Aaaand after 10 minutes and 3 replies. Its flagged again.