Anyone else quitting?

So, my name’s Dark and…I’m a tank main. I know…I know my parents wanted a dps but I can’t help it I just love tanks.

Humor aside, seriously. As a tank main I should be able to make space and survive in that space (with team work) yet…continually I find as more and more patches come out that attempting to play tank is…well right garbage. I think I played my last game tonight, I enjoyed overwatch and enjoyed playing with my frienda but as more and more nerfs come down the tunnels I’m finding I’m actually just mad every time I play.

The short of it, I’m mildly curioua if other Tank (and support mains) feel the same way.

Also, before someone comments with some snarky crap, I don’t really care.

[Post edited by Forum Moderator to remove obscene language. Please keep our Code of Conduct in mind when posting.]

145 Likes

What are your favorite tanks and modes? Also keep in mind the experimental may not go live.

Me personally I am staying.

2 Likes

Taking a break for awhile. Just started playing Paladins for the first time this week.

40 Likes

I played that a while ago, was a pretty decent game from what I saw.

7 Likes

No thanks to this changes and the future changes BLizzard is testing, i’m more interested in returning instead.

Maybe is the good time this game will become a good fps multiplayer competitive.

Actually the game have a stale gameplay inadapt to be a true competitive game for this i leaved.

9 Likes

Tanks, all of them really. I used to main Rein but can’t really push any more lol. Now its mostly Ball/Winston/Dva so I can attempt to run.

Mostly play QP and a bit of comp. Mostly we 6 stack so QP is better for it.

6 Likes

I am not leaving. However,

8 Likes

Similar enough to keep me interested. Basically new heroes and maps for a little while. I was pretty apprehensive about the loadouts and items, but was pleasantly surprised that they are mostly just to round out specific playstyles.

I’m proud of you

8 Likes

I stopped playing about 2 months ago and haven’t looked back

I will return when OW2 is released and pray that blizzard are more competent by then

13 Likes

Ive stop playing months ago and honestly it was for the best the balancing for this game is frustrating ( useless you r a dps) im still whilling to come back but only when the balancing gets better for tanks and support which sadly its not even close to.

Found a home in risk of rain 2 tho so im in no hurry :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m debating on if I’ll return then or not. It kinda hurts watching my favorite game/role become obsolete.

12 Likes

What I really don’t like about Overwatch nowadays is that every support can’t really carry, because their utility got nerfed so hard or even completely removed.

Ana is like the only support that can carry, but only because her utility hasn’t been touched as much as all the others.

I don’t care how much Baptiste or Brig heal right now. Their utility got completely destroyed.

Everyone is transforming into a moira - having the “advantage” to heal alot…

To be honest I don’t even care if they even half the healing all the supporter give right now if their utility was alot more useful.

30 Likes

You are like me, I play mostly QP too. I am sorry that the game is not fun for you however there is one thing I do try to make it fun.

Whenever my favorite heroes are not so fun to play. I pick a hero I never tried before and play them. For me, this presents something new I can try.

Recently I been playing a lot of Echo since Sym has not been doing so well. While I do understand you love tank, maybe try a support or DPS. Who knows, maybe you will like them or find them fun.

I will say that your tank experience can help you a lot with Echo. However if you do wish to go then I am sorry. However do keep tabs on OW news, as they might buff tanks.

4 Likes

It’s not become obsole is become more adapt to a good competitive fps multiplayer.

Overwatch is become too much “moba” oriented to be good now.

Blizzard is testing to make the barriers less important, but they will give more damage potential to tanks, so they can continue to do their role of making space for team, even better and more proactive.

3 Likes

I feel this. I mostly quit because tank became so horrible to play and balance decisions were baffling me way too often.

I once considered OW at its peak to be the best competitive gaming experience I’ve had but in its current state it’s far from it

OW2 will probably be another year so I guess I’l just see where my heads at then

8 Likes

I actually quit tanking shortly after the barrier nerfs for multiple months

Then stopped playing all together and came back a while ago…

Ive been enjoying playing alternate games like paladins, tanks in there feel real nice

Ive been doing very well with ash lately

I mostly play QP now, i abandoned comp in season 16 because i didnt care anymore about ranking up

17 Likes

The funny thing OW became famose because it was a shooter moba hybrid it saw more players and hype when it was, now that they r changing it we are seeing less and less players (even pros) and roles like tank are losing even more.

17 Likes

Yea after my placement this season I stopped playing comp. I placed so low it made me sick, I wasn’t able to push, able to absorb the damage I used to and was getting melted. I’ve only played a few games since then and today’s experimental news kinda turned me off the game l

2 Likes

Hi dark!

This topic feels like an AA meeting introduction session lol.

I’ve stopped playing overwatch a lot as well. It’s my favourite game and I’ve met real life friends through this game and love this game.

When they started their crusade to change tanking and supporting and make this game fps, when it was promised as a stylised hero shooter which was fps with Moba elements I started to reduce my hours. Now I barely play at all.

I’ve also gone back to paladins which is a TRUE hero shooter.

13 Likes