Anybody want Faster Mercy?

This would have a lot higher interactivity and aesthetic appeal than current Mercy.

Valkyrie

• 100 heals per second
    • No chain beams
  • Zero cooldown on Guardian Angel
  • 20% faster flight speed
    • No permaregen
    • Half of basic beam length
  • 40% damage boost
  • 8 second duration

Secondary Ultimate: Resurrect

• Ult Charge high enough to average 5 ults per game
  • 0.5 second cast time

11 Likes

I know, right? Relying on teammate’s terrible positioning to escape is so yesteryear.

1 Like

I’m return for her losing her res I would be ok with that. And I mean like completely gone not an ult or anything

3 Likes

So a super pocket mode? Hmm… dunno how I feel about that. She’s already pretty dependent on pocketing… I’ll have to think on it.

1 Like

Hmm I’m not really for that kit. To me, the problem isn’t with her speed. Especially since one of the problems with Valk in the first place was people complainingg that she was too hard to kill when she valked. The term “Unkillable moth” was given to her for that very reason afterall.

The problem is that her Ult is still on E. I think if they made Valk the E move and maybe shorten it’s duration down to 6 seconds as well as it’s range, revert res back to being the ultimate, and make it resource based on how much she healed (1400 for 1 rez charge for example) it would be a pretty nice compromise. LOS would be appropriate as well, and perhaps even a cast mechanic similar to McCree (has to fill up the target crosshairs in order to sucessfully res) would make her even more engaging.

Now that I think about it, if you really want to add some fun to her ressing, the health her ressed allies get is completely dependent on how much of her target meters get filled before she activates them, similar to the damage McCree does is dependent on how filled his target meters are. Oh I’d love that. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Why 40% for the damage boost?

Most of the stuff I can think of would be 98 or less damage which would still be missing the break point. Am I missing something that’d benefit strongly from the extra 10%?

This is quite thought provoking, as expected of a GreyFalcon thread.
I’m not sure really…

3 Likes

Notice how there’s no permaregen and really short beam length. If you want to heal more than 1 target you’re going to be zipping all over the place, while actively in danger.

The idea with this design is that it kicks the interactivity of Valkyrie into overdrive.

1 Like

Dunno, to be honest I just chucked that in there as the last thing without thinking about it much.

Itd definitely make for more involved and engaging play during the ult. Where I hesitate is that in a sense ult excluded Mercy is the smarter pick in comps where a pocket, such as Pharah or Sniper based comps, comes with high value. Currently with Valk it opens her up beyond that to a degree, while possibly being boring and unfun to some it would seem.

Now, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Not sure really where I fall on this.

Just sounds to me like she’ll be more annoying to play against

1 Like

But she wouldn’t have perma-regen, and she’d have short beams.

So even though she’d be zipping around at the speed of sound, she might be easier to kill.

Me: loses control of ga during valk “AHHHHHHHHH”

No to all this, but I could go for Mercy with an Orbital cannon.

Or remove rez completely from E and tie it with Valk as an ult. Instead of mass rez, she rez 2 or 3 ppl instantly. Kind of like the first rendition of Mercy 2.0 without the rez on cooldown. It is chargable under the lower healing now and not as annoying as mass rez and at least Valk has a reason to exist. Able to fly is kinda pointless with hitscans getting a buff and chain healing won’t work if allies are focus down and chain damage is hard to pay off because healing can’t keep up anymore. Just imo.

I like this idea much more than current Mercy.

This sounds… weird. Possibly clunky to use. But i understand why it’s there. I still think your idea is massive improvement over what we have right now.

1 Like

This would be nice, but it would put Mercy effectively back at square one, with her Ult containing all of her value. I vaguely recall that being one of the given reasons for the original Valk rework, though that might be inaccurate.

I kinda like the idea of zipping around doing massive heals but at the same time a nerfed version of this could easily be turned into an E ability. The 100hps seems a bit OP though, but I dont know. The ult charge for rez may mean youre never even able to get it within the span of a game. It almost seems irrelevant to even have in her kit. Maybe reduce the charge for it by a bit, make it maybe cost a bit more then Zaryas (ie. 3 or more teamfights to charge up).

Some other ideas could be to make rez her ult again, but instead of mass rezzing everyone simultaneously have it so she rezzes 1 person at a time. Cast time would be 0.6 or 1sec for an individual rez. It lasts maybe 6-8 seconds. No constant regen so shes easier to kill, maybe give her flight. idk :no_mouth:

Just spitballing.

Please explain how secondary ultimate work. I don’t quite get it.

Separate ultimate, charged by healing/damage/boosting.

Used independently from Valk.