Anybody want Faster Mercy?

Oh like res on meter then? Might work, if it’s instant. Put it on higher cost is fine, as long it is instant.

Edit: 0,5 seconds is fine, i think.

So instant, but averaging about 4 Rez per game?

Edited the post above.

1 Like

I think it s the opposite. The chain heals of valk has been the most annoying thing for me cause you barely need to change targets during it. Upping the hps to the target and removing chains just forces mercy to juggle her teammates hp to make sure theyre all alive

That’s a good suggestion, an instant 2 - 3 man res would be nice as well. I don’t feel that it even needs to be all at once either. The way she had it in her first rework where it was individually done felt great. I feel that if they stuck with that and removed the random speed buffs to her kit, that we’d have something really nice there.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

2 Likes

Hey GreyFalcon I really like your Valkyrie! Seems fun to play around with. Although I have to agree with most that tying Rez with Valkyrie might be a pretty good option too!

But your suggestions is something that I’d be willing to give a try.

1 Like

Yes I can understand that as far as personal experience of Mercy goes. But if you just go from pocket healer -> SUPER POCKET healer then the only time you run a Mercy is when you’re in a comp where pocket healing carries high value.

It seems like unnecessarily regulating her to a niche. I don’t know, I’m torn on it. Like I’m not against it at all, but I have to wonder if we want to double down on her being a pocket healer, or if we should look for having more ways of contributing.

With Valk she becomes VERY strong in enabling hard pushes that aren’t predicated off multiple ult expenses.

And she s capable on doing just that with ops suggestion? Like i said the difference is learning ti juggle.

I cant fully agree with op as well. My go to valk changes would be to up the primary target hps to like 80hps while lowering the chained targets to 50hps. But this was before the recent mercy nerf.

Juggling is great, sure. But when it comes to something like damage boost, what you achieve through juggling will never even be close to what is achieved through chain. Healing wise yes, I can definitely see comparable results. Damage boost though? Not even close even with the highest level of juggling.

Again that s true. Which is why i said in my second paragraph that i also cannot fully agree with op. The valk changes i want is upping the heal, boost % on the main target while lowering them for the chained targets. That way itd more interactive seeing as youd actually need to juggle to get value out of valk and not just something as easy hold mouse button and not switching targets

1 Like

That imo is a great idea. Having primary and secondary values so juggling is still very much rewarded while still maintaining that “out of pocket” application would be great imo. I think we should explore that.

1 Like

Yeah. The rework has its ups and downs but it s not without merits. Valk is an okay ish ultimate, not a game turning one but something that works/is used similarly to coalescense. My only beef with it is the low amount of decision making once it s activated due to how easy it is to get value out of it.

But now that i think about it, doesnt mercy get valk slower now btw? I mean she got her hps nerf that means shed get her ult charge slower? Sucks mang. I think mercy should get valk as often as moiras get their coalescence

Well she definitely does get it slower with the hps nerf in play. I can’t recall if the ult charge required was changed from mass rez to Valk but I would assume it was considering original Valk had the whole 4 rapid chain rezzes built into it and the ult was basically designed around that at start.

Valk does feel like this sort of remnant of that original vision. It was clear that Valk’s duration etc was originally conceived with the rez CD changes in mind.

I agree though, Valk is very much ez mode. Regardless of what it enables or how objectively good it is. People are clearly desiring there to be more individual and independent decision making when it comes to Mercy and that is obviously in low supply with her current build.

2 Likes

I mean i could see the rework working a bit better if they lowered the ult charge requirement for valk ya know. Like since she got her hps nerf, the only way to be less reliant on cd rez would be to be able to use valk often since it s really not a table turning ult anyway. Plus with the hps nerf, the heals are sorta kinda low that nearly anyone can outdamage. I mean it isnt ideal but yeah

2 Likes

Incidentally, I originally thought of this version of Valkyrie would be a “Stage 2 expert mode” during Valkyrie, where you could press Q again during Valk.

And this mode of Valk would drain whatever remaining time you had in basic Valk by double.

Video reference:

Hahaha possible. Actually you wouldnt necessarily need to drain any of the time since the hps/boost output would be lower than original. If it were me id use it to flex like everyone needs healing? Original valk. A certain teammate needs heals asap and is in heavy fire? Concentrated valk beam. Then got back to original valk or what not. kinda like giving valk more flexibility and decision making on which valk to use per situation. Tho i guess the flexibility might have problems it could work i guess

I don’t think so. Mercy mains will still play her even if she’s changed liked that, so I don’t think she will be a niche healer.

Well the original design you wouldn’t be able to go back. Because that would remove a lot of the weaknesses if you could switch back to permaregen whenever you get hurt.

I like the removal of chain beam on Valk, but I think Mercy would just die with that short of a beam range if she didn’t have regen

She’d have her basic regen, and some amazing goddess tier mobility.