Anti-GOATs patch next PTR?

It’s not just Brig that is like that. Literally everyone of the heroes is like that too. Which is why I hate people arguing for nerfs to goats because it only ensures the next meta is going to be just like this as no other option will be able to compete.

Because OWL is coming soon, and there are Billions of dollars invested in it. And there’s only about 5 weeks between when it starts and now. 2 of which would be needed for scrims for Pros to train on. So more like 3 weeks left.

1 Like

Because of the same reason why dive was a problem.

Having the same meta for months is unhealthy for the game and make the OWL quite boring. The meta needs to keep shifting to keep the game fresh and other heroes viable, even if it’s not played in low and mid ranks.

At least Dive had DPS, and you needed a lot of aiming to get kills.

Not just positioning and cooldowns.

1 Like

That’s also true. Having a meta that makes an entire class unviable is also a big problem that needs to be addressed. Sure, there are some different versions of GOATS like SNOATS (where Mei is picked instead of Dva), but those are pretty rare team comps.

Why do ppl care about how OWL is played? Isn’t that something which Blizzard should be worried about, not the players? I mean, you can just not watch it if it is boring. You didn’t pay money for it to watch it unlike the game.

OWL is a big money maker for a company that isn’t doing well. Right now it’s their #1 priority. If they cared about what everyone is playing they wouldn’t have introduced Brig since dive was only seen at around masters anyways.

Because there are Billions of dollars invested in it, and if it does badly, it could cause major problems to Blizzard’s stock value.

If OWL dies, it’s taking Overwatch down with it.

1 Like

Not to mention that it’s important to have viewers.
What is an eport without any viewers? Then why would companies even sponsor it? Heck, why even have an esport in the first place?

Ok, but I don’t get why you are on board with it. Shouldn’t we care more about the game and shows that to the devs?

OW is already with one foot in the grave. If OWL fails, that will means they will have to change their approach because the things aren’t going well for the game anyway with or without OWL.

All the more reason to stop alienating the OWL audience, and Masters/GM Twitch streamers with GOATs.

I mean, no matter what happens in OWL, it won’t have playerbase if there are no ppl left to care about the game on the first place.

So don’t spend any time balancing GOATs.

Just prevent more than 2 Healers from being selected per team.

Then put all the dev resources in to content, features, and balance changes with the focus of making more heroes be viable (I.e. More playable heroes = more playable content).
📝 Patch Notes for 2019, idea

We can only hope so. Don’t get me wrong, GOATs is very strategic and it’s really satisfying to defeat the enemy team if they’re running GOATs too, however it is a horrible viewing experience for spectators. I really hope that it won’t be meta for OWL S2.

All they have two is make Lucio and Brigs healing not stack. For any AoE healing for that matter.

Yeah, hopefully they look at Reaper.

1 Like

And Zarya, Dva and Lucio are OP now?
C’mon.

Unfortunately they are probably going to fix Goats via hamfisted nerfs on Brigitte.

What I hope they do instead is buff Soldier’s healing. Give Sombra some of her ult charge from hacked packs back. Lastly buff/tweak Mercy.

Why those changes? Healers dictate the meta and there are 4 out of 6 healers that love tanks, brawls, or both. So… we buff the sources of healing that don’t.

So how are they going to buff her to make her better at doing this?

I mean she’s already good at it if you have good communication with the team. However, the buffs/QoL changes she needs is for more herself, regarding her TP and self sustainability.