Anti Bastion update

joins the discussion
Alright, I’ll say one and only thing…
Tom Powers, if you’re reading this…
I don’t know, at this point, I’m not even sure you read stuff in the forums. As a community manager, you’ve more posted messages than read the ones by the community. Which is easy, considering that it seems like you never listen to the community.

Even the PTR patch in the forum is locked so that people can’t react directly to it. Would you just pop that safety bubble off ? It’s harming the community and the company alike.

Cordially,
A player among thousand others.

1 Like

He’s really not. If you use sentry you can’t do anything to her because she doesn’t have falloff and if you’re in recon someone else is going to kill you while you shoot at Pharah.

What’s the freaking point of using Bastion if people keep saying “don’t use sentry”. Soldier is getting a spread buff so why ever use Bastion if not for sentry?

1 Like

It specifically says Torb does bonus damage to Bastion. Even if it’s not meant for that it’s because they keep on freaking buffing and adding counters and won’t do anything to him. He’s getting power creeped and they don’t seem to care.

2 Likes

They have just listed all heroes who have armor,bastion just happens to be one of those heroes.

They are probably reworking him anyways,I can kinda see why they are ignoring him,no point in buffing a hero that is about to be reworked.
also,at least as I see it,bastion is supposed to be that high damage high risk hero that is only really good in very specific situations.

but bastion was bs for a week in s4, therefore doesnt deserve to be reworked at all /s

Didn’t you forget about Soldier’s update?

Well, it’s not anti-Bastion, but it seems like S76’s gun is just completely better than Bastion’s now… because well, that was the only thing Bastion’s recon fire did that S76’s didn’t.

At this point soldier’s gun is better than Bastion’s minigun at anything past 15 meters. Maybe closer.

1 Like

Wait, has StratOFerus returned?

1 Like

I’m not that much of a fan of forums, but yeah, I’m here.
'Sup ?

1 Like

Hey! You were with us at the start of the Bastion megathread, but then you just disappeared.

As I said, not a big fan of forums. Although, I sometimes happen to come back from time to time.

1 Like

in the bronze silver gold ranks he’s a must pick on defence and it’s tedious as heck, people in lower ranks can’t coordinate well and usually bastion is behind a shield with a heal pocket.

it’s just boring losing games due to one person that just sits there deleting. far too overpowered.

sure in plat and diamond he’s no longer a must pick be countered.

whatever, just switch up if your precious bastion is countered. just like phara or tracer main’s have to when they’re countered.

One of these days, the developers will save what could be an awesome hero if they just listened to the megathreads that have been the top posts here since forever.

1 Like

He’s still in the bottom 4 in bronze/silver… Plus, we’re trying to buff him in a way that discourages bunker comps like that (as if the new Torb ult doesn’t do that enough already).

If you’re losing games to a Bastion just sitting there, then stop walking into him… attack from far away where he can’t do anything to you. Like 30 meters away…

If we were to swap every time someone picked a hero that counters Bastion, we would never be able to actually play Bastion. Why should Bastion not be allowed to be played at higher tiers?

He has a negative winrate and still one of the lowest pickrates there so I’m very skeptical.

Is bastion an actual hero? I thought it’s some deployable turret that you can place on payloads

1 Like

um…
Excuse me? If I’m correct, bastions don’t walk around as much and he won’t die to torb’s ult unless the torb decides to solo ult a bastion, which is a rare case…

And pharah might be a problem for bastions who can’t aim, because he can literally delete pharah in turret form

Each glob does full damage so he only needs one on Bastion to kill him. Also spread effects you whether or not you can aim perfectly. He literally cannot delete Pharah in turret form because there’s a thing called corner peeking.

Totaly agree.
Bastuon need buff and i think he can just take nice new E abiluty as it. Made a little thread about it in ptr feed back

2 Likes

Doesn’t that belong in general because there’s nothing out on the PTR for him?