Another Brig post - Feedback

Devs… Yes there is an issue with Brig, but removing her identity and niche is not the correct answer.

“Putting her in line with other healers” is a terrible mindset. In fact, please stop doing that to all the healers. Part of what makes OW good is that all the hero’s are “Unique” and have different play styles, weaknesses, and strengths.

This change is removing Brigs “niche/strength” and reason for people to even pick her over Moira, Ana, and Bap. Basically slow Lucio?

There are 2 changes which I have thought about for a while, as someone who has played Brig since her release, through all the nerfs/rework – Armor should only replace missing health until the HoT replaces the health and Brig should not be able to heal/target people with full health.

In my opinion, of course, if Brigs Repair pack was changed to something like:

Healing: 98 over 2 seconds. Instant armor replaces missing health until full. No over-heal and cannot target full health allies. Cannot stack more than 2x per target.
(Instead of HoT duration for multiple, double the rate)

Projectile speed: 50 meters per second

Max range: 25 meters

Ammo: 4

Cooldown: 7.5 seconds per charge

These changes enable Brig to function more as a healer and not a pre-buffer for dive dps, while also allowing her to continue to check doom, genji, tracer – not counter or oppress. The increase in cooldown is to balance the increase in charge count. Combined these should make up for the decrease in HoT while helping Brig feel like she’s still a “sustainable” healer( more in line :] ) while unable to engage in close range/brawl with inspire, but restricts her to still heal medium range hence the range reduction to 25m.

This is the type of rework that would address the issue with Brigs paradox of a kit. Again, this is just opinionated but I bet if tested you would find this is closer to the balance people are looking for.

I agree. Having whip no longer prog inspire and keeping the 5 second shield break nerf would have been good. I hate Brig just as much as the next feeder but Blizzard really has a problem with nerfing/buffing anything at all about a hero rather than what makes them broken or bad. Moira and Brig will go down as the most boring m1 heroes of all time

1 Like

whipshot not procing inspire would literally kill the hero more than any of these nerfs , it would require her to fight in front of the tanks and dps 100% of the time which she is not at all tanky enough for in her current form

2 Likes

Yeah personally I like the way whipshot and rocket flail are right now. It’s her pack that needs rework.

nerf pack buff her tank capabilities that’s what she’s known for

i actually really like this. addresses the issue of a flat overheal being op when used on smaller health pools, but keeps her signature of providing armor. also because the armor is instant and gradually changes to normal health, it’s best used at crucial moments like a zarya bubble, which would make her need to be a bit more tank-minded, which i would love.

just to clarify though: if the armor is damaged before the healing comes through, it would heal only up to where the armor is and not the full 98, right? or am i misunderstanding

all-in-all, i think this would be pretty neat to try. can’t say for sure if it would be Too Good (4 charges might be too much since 98 instant armor could pretty reliably save very low health allies like a mini bubble) but i really like the concept!

1 Like

Correct, that’s exactly how I think it should work…

Ty! I originally thought 4 was alot but it feels like Brig is useless sometimes (compared to other support when it comes to APM), which is why I think the extended cooldown is needed… since the HoT is nerfed (compared to the 110 over 2secs it’s at now)