And the Sombra whining started

As expected.

Clickbait youtube channels: “HUUUUGE SOMBRA BUFFS”

Uninformed biased public: " OMG infinite trans and stealth sounds so broken, AN INFINITE OUT OF JAIL CARD".

Meanwhile every single sombra expert out there: “Ummm… this is a buff? Because it sure looks like a nerf…”

So not only did you make our favourite girl EVEN MORE useless, but you managed to present it as a huge buff as well. Well played.

Please, go on and make another video asking the community to be less toxic. It obviously has nothing to do with you Blizz. Never your fault blizz.

29 Likes

It’s just their opinion

1 Like

I feel troubled since every Sombra player is already hating on these changes while I am looking at them optimistically…

You guys sure you aren’t just angry that they didn’t buff her into the direction you wanted/ignored bugs?

Cause I can’t really see the issue… :confused:

11 Likes

Let’s try the changes first before declaring them a nerf

9 Likes

Because the buff didn’t fix any of her problem , beside losing 25% speed is a huge deal

1 Like

How dare you apply logic and reasoning to this! /s

5 Likes

What experts are you talking about?

Contrary to popular believe being a main (I assume you mean those) does not necessarily make you an expert. Especially not when you are trying to force a particular playstyle on a hero and thus can’t see the benefits of a different playstyle.

With being a main comes a whole lot of bias. It’s just cringy when people only focus on what’s lost and just shrug off what was gained.

8 Likes

Sombra technically gets infinite stealth but I am quite certain that it’s mostly used to get in and out of situations really fast, that -25% speed in stealth is quite a huge nerf. They could compensate by giving her the same running speed as Tracer or Genji.

4 Likes

I am pretty sure they are angry because she didn’t get buffed as they wanted her to be.

I am also pretty sure they are right to be angry, since their suggestions would have helped the current issues with Sombra whereas what Blizz has proposed will only make them worse.

8 Likes

The only positive I see in any of this is being able to destroy the translocator.

2 Likes

That’s not really a buff if you have to go to it and interact with it. It’s just more downtime.

Geoff said it could be done at range

1 Like

Yes but you have to look at it. Worst case you even need line of sight.

What exactly do they think these changes will do? The only time you really use the full duration of invis is getting back to point but now that’s slightly slower, and invis is supposed to be great for speeding away when you’re in trouble. Infinite invis just means you can sit around all day invisible. Same with translocator, most of the time I’d use it in combat to jump on the high ground quickly or disorientate the enemy, I don’t really care if it’s infinite. Now she’s still not that useful, but slightly slower and spends more time outside of combat. That is where sombra players are coming from when we say we’re not happy with the changes.

4 Likes

No LoS needed apparently

3 Likes

You need to look at it. This could mean in its general direction or literally at it which requires line of sight.

1 Like

What he actually said was ‘you can now destroy it by looking towards it and pressing the Interact key.’ Which suggests an LoS requirement, but isn’t very clear.

Don’t think of it as having infinite invisibility.
Instead, it’s just invisibility for as long as you need.

Sure, bad Sombra players are going to be lurking around invisible all the time doing jack-all to help their team, but if you’re decent, this just gives you an extra second, or couple of seconds, to get set up.
And despite the speed nerf, you can still get across the map much faster because you’re not waiting for your cooldowns to finish.

It’s not a good buff, but it just barely scrapes in as a positive. Saying it’s a nerf is just insane.

2 Likes

I totally see it as a buff and not an OP one. The possibilities are awesome but it doesnt change HOW she plays fundamentally.

If you are good managing the trans now then you pretty much always have an infinite get out-of-jail card. It just comes down to not dying before you hit E lol. Sorry but I cant see what the whiners are trying to say there.

All the current timer does is force you to hit E or let it run out. What they are changing is practically no different. You can cancel it (equivalent to letting it run out) or use it (the equivalent to…using it).

Yup… now you can run about for an infinite amount of time before hacking an enemy, doing chip damage, and getting killed with primary as you try to escape because your stealth anim took a decade and then you got hit by a single stray D.Va pellet.