And i caaaaaalled it! (Anniversary event screwed us over)

EDIT: Okay so i have to get constructive cause you guys don’t get sarcasm.

So basically, unless you already have a majority of the anniversary event in the first place, their drop rate of the new legendary items by default is massively decreased because they are shared with literally ALL other legendaries/epics from past events and blizzard did not provide any statement on whether or not the anniversary event items ahve a higher drop rate. And for those who goes “hurr durr but you get 1 guarantee anniv item” yeah, have fun with whites, blues and getting dupes cause there is no telling if its actually a legendary of the event you will get since there is no information that prooves otherwise.

13 Likes

Anni event items are a different loot table than other event items, and at least one anni event item is guaranteed per box

6 Likes

yeah but that also includes sprays, voicelines and such, dupes as well. You can still get legendaries from other stuff and concidering there is so many more of these…

Got anything to back up your claim that they ‘lowered’ the chances of getting stuff?

3 Likes

How many items of other events is there in comparaison to anniversary? I think that alone is a valid point. And there is no evidence anniversary items drop rate have increased either.

1 Like

But that’s always how it’s been for every event.

2 Likes

yeah but now its even WORSE.

2 Likes

So what you’re saying is you don’t have anything to actually prove they changed the drop rates for this event?

/thread

…i don’t think you read what i said either.

1 Like

No, it’s not. The only items anni event items compete with are other anni event items.

1 Like

You get one guaranteed anniversary item per box exactly because of what you said.
Also, I like it even better this way. You are not fixed to the new anniversary stuff if you don’t like it, but for once in a life time, EVERYTHING in overwatch is available.
I get a chance to get the Cadet oxton skin I could never get.

2 Likes

How petty can you be?

3 Likes

You’re always guaranteed one Anniversary item

It doesn’t matter if there’s 10 million things in the lootbox. They’re not gonna make it so you can get a legendary every box, nor are they gonna give you more stuff per box.

i’m not expecting this either but if you actually want one of the new items, which are usually selling point of event returns, you pretty much got screwed over unless you already have the majority of other things, and not everyone spends ton of money on lootboxes. This is literally what happened last summer game to one of my friend.

And in the end even if you pay your chances of getting what you paid for are even LOWERED since you might as well get the stuff you didn’t get from past events instead.

1 Like

Not really, because the new items only compete with old anniversary items for a spot in every single loot box, since one is guaranteed per box. I promise, it’s fine

again, there is no saying it will be the higher quality items that will be the guaranteed ones. Dupes have much higher drop rates.

1 Like

That’s always how it is, though. Plus, didn’t they say that event legendaries have a slightly higher chance to drop than regular legendaries, since they’re on separate tables?

I’m not worry about that too much my friend.

Yeah but this is when there is only legendaries dedicated to this one event. But this one event also includes all other legendaries and there has been no statement on this event.

1 Like