Ana, we gonna take a look at her at any point Blizzard

You’re literally just lying. Zen/Mercy hasn’t been meta for 6 months. They only been meta for a little over a month on ladder.

Brig has always been GM meta until rush/double shield gets played. Even then, Brig is now down to a 2% pick rate in GM already cause the meta doesn’t favor her.

Ana has literally never dropped below 6%, even when the meta doesn’t favor her. Baptiste has only had pick rates compared to that when he is meta and even then he never reached 16%-18% like Ana did for 10 months straight.

Stop. Lying.

1 Like

Irrelevant. Pointing at Overbuff does not determine balance

It amazes me that people still point to popularity as some sort of proof of balance. The only rank that popularity somewhat points to balance is in GM. But really, it’s OWL.

Never said they were. It’s not surprising you think I’m lying considering you’re putting words in my mouth.

Imagine not understanding that people play heroes they enjoy regardless of the meta

Educate yourself

Literally implies the opposite.

This is factually untrue. Or DVA/Genji would get played regardless. They don’t.

Sounds like something you need to be doing.

You quoted me… where in that quote does it say “Zen/Mercy has been meta for 6 months”…

Riiiiiiiight. I’m not saying “everyone just plays what they want”

But it is factually true that some people still play the heroes they want to play, even if they aren’t meta.

If you think Ana needs nerfs, it is not I who needs educating :laughing: particularly if your “proof” is her Overbuff pickrate in Bronze->Masters

It’s possible to be high skill and broken

It shows you that sometimes skill doesn’t excuse a character form getting nerfs

1 Like

This thread is a good analysis of why it’s fine to use Overbuff. Take that how you will.

Overbuff doesn’t determine balance, but it does determine which heroes are performing strongly. Her pickrate is over a flat 11 - that’s pretty damn strong, I’d say. The top four (Ana, Rein, Zarya, Mercy) are all kinda together and then it really starts to drop off. Like I said earlier, the last time a support either matched her stats or went above they were quite literally gutted.

Fair nerfs, of course, but it always fascinates me how Baptiste, Brigitte and Mercy get the sledgehammer but if Ana’s strong and has a place in almost every meta (when most heroes should come and go, like with Mercy, or Winston, or Rein) and also dominates the numbers… maybe they should at least try to have a look?

I personally don’t want any more healing nerfs, as I think that would steer the game in a bad direction. Maybe ultimate cost increased, maybe tweaks to hitboxes or sleep or nade. Or maybe we leave her alone and look at other heroes. But something isn’t really right here.

Eh, fair point.

2 Likes

Nice attempt at back peddling, but it isn’t working.

Same here. You said Ana maintains her high pick rate cause she is popular. Guess what? Mercy/DVA/Genji are by far more popular than her and don’t even maintain their high pick rate in all ranks like Ana does.

Are you done lying and coming up with excuses yet?

I am just using GM, if I used bronze to GM it would be even MORE favorable to nerf her. But clearly you don’t understand statistics.

Also I never said she needs a nerf, I said Moira needs a buff/change and Baptiste doesn’t need a nerf in the process.

So boring. :eye: :lips: :eye: :nail_care:

Maybe, just maybe, Ana is not meta, not essential, but she isnt so weak that good players can’t get something out of her. Unlike Genji and Dva’s who got outclassed so badly by other heroes.

Actually, meibe, Dva is seeing more playtime and is actually good on Asia ladder. NA is always lagging behind. This, I’m not too sure, just speculation.

That thread is an opinion.

Blizzard has far more data than Overbuff could ever hope to have.

Just because Overbuff is all that we, the public, has, doesn’t mean it’s “fine” to use.

If Ana were overpowered, she’d be #1 & nerfed, but she’s neither.

It’s inaccurate & partial data. Not worth using when determining balance. Blizz has all the data at their disposal and know who is overperforming vs. being popular

The quotes are there for all to see.

I never said “Zen/Mercy have been meta for 6 months” yet you’re insisting I did. It didn’t work.

Clearly they’re not more popular. Even though Mercy has been meta for over a month, Ana has maintained a higher pickrate in Silver->Masters.

If you insist on pointing to Overbuff, then don’t only use it half the time. Mercy has been meta in GM, yet Ana still maintained a higher pickrate in Silver->Masters.

If you’re just using GM then you’ll see Ana is not #1 this week, this month, or the last 3 months.

Ah, you’re one of those

Gasp! Logic!

1 Like

I’ve just stopped arguing to watch all this unfold… gotta say, pretty intriguing.

OoOh, some sort of cleansing support would be really interesting. Then we could have more fire and poison heroes

Got bored of asking for Mercy nerfs so we’re back to asking for Ana nerfs

2 Likes

That’s not how it works. Supports are either good or unplayable. That is why you get chain reported in masters + if you aren’t playing one of the top 3 supports or Ana.

God I hope DVA comes back in NA ladder, I have been watching the asia ladder as well and praying we get DVA.

They… literally are the most popular. There is a reason why they get more skins, and a reason why Mercy got the charity skin and Ana didn’t.

Your words, not mine.

I don’t use bronze-masters cause then it concludes Ana needs a ton of changes to not be chosen so much. She isn’t more popular than every other support. There is analytical data that has been posted about this several times on the forums. She is considered -the most powerful and stable support- so she gets chosen. Which statistics in GM support said train of thought.

And? I never said she was. I said she has a good pick rate for a support that is in a meta that ‘doesn’t favor her’. Maybe Ana works in far to many situations unlike every other support. She’s outclassed Brigitte for the last 3 months who WAS meta in GM.

But hey, lets ignore that for a moment right? Cause it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Haters gonna hate, especially when proven wrong. Here you go. :point_right: :salt:
:eye: :lips: :eye: :nail_care:

Yes, exactly. I didn’t say Mercy/Zen have been meta for 6 months. They have been meta for part of the past 6 months, in addition to Brig & Bap. Ana has not been meta in awhile. She’s just a consistently viable hero when played well, and is popular partly because of that reason

While I agree she’s very reliable/stable in good hands…she’s not the most powerful in all scenarios. Recently Ana has taken a backseat to other supports.

She was not thriving with Ball meta

That’s not how you entered the conversation :laughing:

:laughing:

Whatever you say

except the difference is mcree is a broken mess of a hero
and ana is not

Why not? What’s the actual difference? Her stats are pretty similar, if not better.

1 Like

DPS players mad that there is a good support in the game
trying to do what they did to tank and ruin the role
In my eyes the 3 balanced heroes in the game were
Mcree
Ball
ana
these 3 heroes would go in and out of meta with no changes just because of other heroes
the same thing happened in this meta when Mcree became a broken mess and other tanks were nerfed into the ground
in response blizzard nerfed ball into the ground not Cree
ana left the meta saving her from nerfs due to bap being better and zen mercy brig being better than that

This is never a valid defense. There have been many points in this games life cycle where ana was extremely under picked. I’m not saying I support ana being op but this defense is wrong, and is usually never right.

1 Like

why is Mcree broken?
he has almost instant reload without using abilities 25 hp and a stun that lasts almost a second and FTH is just as strong as usual
while FTH isn’t great it still gives him high burst and the ability to out damage burst down tanks in a tank’s effective range

More like, why isn’t Ana broken? Dart is better than flash and she wouldn’t have comparable burst to a dps, naturally, she heals instead. But otherwise their designs are similar. He has the reloads and roll, she has anti and nano. I feel like those are better, to be honest. I just don’t get what about McCree you dislike while Ana remains fine. Like, is it actually the instant reloads and 25 hp? They seem like minor benefits.