Ana sleep dart hitbox needs a nerf

sleep dart has a hitbox the size of junkrats primary, exactly how is this fair when this ability is a win condition? you can strafe all you want but you will still get hit even when its not touching the player model. not even a bit but NO WHERE NEAR it

5 Likes

it has a long cast time and she has to be predictive with it is why, trust me it still misses when you need it most far too often.

12 Likes

I wanted to see if this was true, damn it is pretty big. Was clearing off target on a tracer model and still hit her.

Honestly I think her nade needs to be slightly nerfed. I swear some fights it just slowly goes down hill the longer it goes on. Sometimes I count like 3-4 nades in a fight. D:<

because its literally the most op ability in the game, u can disable someone with one shot for a few seconds and its a free kill even if its a tank.
if you actually miss sleep dart after playing ana for hours when its hitbox is the size of junkrats primary (not kidding) you have a skill issue, i see sleep dart used so often in comp and its just 100% accuracy all the damn time

3 second anti-nade feels like FOREVER. Sleep isn’t really that bad since someone always ends up waking them up. :frowning:

1 Like

nade is fine, she has a hard counter to her nade which is kiriko, but sleep is just absurd, u have to use suzu on one or the other, save one guy or save the whole team u will have to sacrifice one or the other

Play Ana for 10 hours in comp, then post a screen shot of its accuracy and lets see how many times you can hit it

8 Likes

oh no i got a support main mad :pleading_face:
i am not about play ana for 10 hours to prove a point when there’s already in game footage of her sleep hitting outside a players character model BY A LONG SHOT not even just that, but u can get slept behind walls if ur character hitbox is peaking

1 Like

I don’t like the fact you need a Kiriko just to counter her. Also Kiriko E is on a 14 second cooldown. Nade is on a 10 second cooldown. You waste your first E on Kiriko and the Ana will be able to have the heal advantage. It is usually downhill in a fight from there when you can’t even heal because Ana nade is so quick to come off cooldown and is so strong.

that is a valid argument, however nade only has two features, it has healing disabled and a bit of damage when hit, suzu has three benefits, healing,immortality,debuff so much more op but balanced out with cooldown, and alot of characters that can negate her debuff also counter her so not just kiriko, the only thing that u cannot counter from anas kit is sleep, you cannot get out of it once u get slept, it is impossible, not even teammates can wake u up unless u waste kiriko E which then again, will leave u vulnerable to anti nade

No it heals, as well as provides increased healing, and also prevents enemy healing. When your team is engaging you throw it over your tank and not only you have increased healing advantage the enemy team cannot heal for 3 seconds.

Usually when an Ana is using that tactic I just go Ana too and negate it. I’m not even good at Ana but that technique is so overpowered. Again in one team fight I can count 3-4 nades being used.

Sleep is on a long cooldown and simply keeping track of Ana’s cooldown and/or juking it seems to work for me. But during a fight when I play support Ana can make it where I can’t heal at all and there is nothing for me to do but go aggressive.

well, i only mentioned the damage benefits but yeah, also it increases healing?! i didnt know that wth, u learn something new every day, you know what would be fun? if anas nade countered her own nade, if u get antid she can just un anti u, and if you get slept nade can wake you up

Its just high skill, high reward. If you miss you’re probably dead and it has a long cooldown

2 Likes

I sorta do that! :rofl:

I just throw it when she throws it. Thus we both are now equal. Usually the Anas that use that strategy are becoming less common. Or perhaps I learned how to deal more damage during that time when I play Bap or Moira.

It definitely is a cooldown when I play support I have to be aware of. Sleep does affect DPS pretty bad though. Again I tested it trying to hit a tracer, I was VISIBLY off and still hit her. Is this a recent change? Or her sleep dart always been this big?

that is a big, BIG, dodge, that still doesnt answer why its range is as high as an explosive when it looks like a slightly oversized glorified needle, hitting sleep is not hard when u learn how to use it, as it is with all things in this game, this ability in particular is far more broken than most abilitys and its easier to hit than most, so thus, it needs a hitbox nerf

it is not an excuse for bad play

Lol even when you see it hit it misses. Something is off after the patch.

I’ll support this nerf when people understand supports need help when getting flanked for the 6th time in a match.

4 Likes

I’m not mad at all! I should’ve worded it differently, but I genuinely meant to try it for yourself before complaining. That’s all.

2 Likes

recent, i was never affected by sleep dart this much, now its just something i have in the back of my mind each match i face an ana