Ana is the most picked hero in GM

It’s almost as if people were sick of playing Mercy, so they are playing Ana more now that she got a nice buff to her nano.
Mercy will more than likely rise in pickrates again soon, no reason to cry because Mercy isnt the most picked as she has been for sooo long.
That said, should it not rise again, it isn’t fine, but I don’t think any supports are op right now. It’s more balanced than it has ever been.

3 Likes

But where is Moira, Zen, Brig, and Lucio in all of this?

1 Like

So if, for example, 60% of the player base was in bronze, you think the game should be balanced around bronze?

The game should be balanced around all tiers. It makes me laugh that you actually think this game should be balanced with gold and below in mind.

1 Like

Also have to remember this is the first time in 2 years that Ana has a 50% average winrate as well

Before the Hanzo rework; Sombra, Ana, and Hanzo were always the bottom 3

6 Likes

One could argue it was balanced around bronze-gold with a low skill high reward hero being dominant in every elo.

If the game were balanced around all tiers, naturally the high skill high reward hero’s would be more prevalent in high elo as those players can get value out of those hero’s that the casual player wouldn’t.

If I had to pick, I’d say the game should be balanced around Diamond.

But I was trying to explain how overall stats can skew heavily towards ranks with higher populations.
Competitive Mode Tier Distribution

I also think, considering how Mercy went from being considered as throw pick in February 2018, to being considered a must-pick in June 2018, that it would be best to at least wait a month before making any judgments about Mercy.

Especially for the top 15% of players, where pros haven’t seen even one day on this current healer patch.
And the top 15% tends to copy whatever the pros do.

y’all is sombra being played more since her rework?? what’s the sitch

1 Like

Jayne’s stream yesterday where they tried to run Solo heal with one of Pro Anas for friendly scrims, though it was hard fought, it shows she can’t solo heal.
Yet sure is effective if played at high tiers,
Zen, Moira are still effective due to their ability to stay covered away from Snipers while healing and dpsing.
Brig no matter what is really is off healer, though she can do burst heals if using repair pack, she is weaker as main heal than Ana.
Lucio on other hand, in some scenarios can be more effective counter to brig to keep her flails away from teammates and being able to counter Grav combos, while Brig can’t.

Mercy is balanced at the moment, she can potentially solo heal if the teammates don’t take as much damage, and if the team dps get enough picks fast enough, with the ability to rez but when their is anti-heal and discord on your teammates, along with combos, it can easily fail if the dps and tanks are not effective.

Good thing you are not in the balancing team then. No hero should be dominant. It doesn’t matter if it is ana or mercy.

9 Likes

No, no it does not. It needs like three of those class wide balance patches.

The pickrates and winrates will balance out again. All the people crying about the sub 50% winrate need to stop. A myriad of factors at play here, and mercy will still be a reliable pick. Ana is mcree (potentially more value but hard to get that value without nutty play), and mercy is soldier (reliable). Also mercy has verticle mobility for dive centric maps and points, something which Ana doesn’t do well in, so the healers still have their different strengths and niches.

Once again knee jerk reactions to early statistics without letting the changes settle in. Everyone agrees hanzo’s insane still correct? op? Well he has a sub 50% winrate too. Does that mean hanzo is suddenly horrible now? Stop getting caught up in stats, and see how the meta plays out. I don’t think we will ever see an Ana only meta again. You literally could just run dive with a brig and annihilate her, while having your brig duel theirs. Ana can’t heal through barriers either so she’s not OP like people think.

5 Likes

Comparing a M1 holder with no aim/ CD management vs an unlimited high skill healer sniper who has tons utility and is probably the second high skill character in the entire game? nah.

Ana needs to stay on top just like god widowmakers and pro Tracers/ Genji

3 Likes

No, I think the argument was that one healer shouldn’t be optimal for all comps and across all ranks.

2 Likes

0 Arguments the answer.

This is why couldn’t pick a better nickname.

You came with arguments only golds could think of so i don’t waste my time for unnessecary talk and comparings when it doesn’t matter at all in the end.

Maybe sometime you will rethink your post and put in insight how wrong you were with that but that’s not in my hands.

4 Likes

Still 0 Arguments just calling others " w-well you have small brain!! yesss"

Next time re evaluate your entire life and ask to your parents about how bad are you spending your time on internet.

But thats not in my hands neither.

1 Like

I’m glad Ana is finally getting to shine. I’ve been playing her almost exclusively since the Mercy nerfs hit and it feels good. ;___>;

1 Like

I gave you arguments why i think you’re wrong and small brained but more than writing isn’t possible here in the “internet”

2 Likes

Everything is as it should be now

1 Like

This is officially the best thing I have ever seen on these forums. Thank you.