Ana is the most picked hero in GM

The funniest thing is going to see people who complained about Mercy being a ‘must pick’ defend Ana if she becomes a must pick as well.

2 Likes

Wrong. I’ve definitely played enough tanks. 18 hours on D.va (as of right now) and 14 on Hog and ~41 on all others. I may not be a tank main, but I know how to play them.

It seems pretty even tbh. Plat has so much varying skill that neither hero is optimal. Mercy doesn’t provide the burst healing 3 tanks needs and players don’t provide the mechanical skill Ana needs.

1 Like

It was like this even after the Ana nerfs in S3 but nobody seemed to have cared about stats and would rather complain about “muh PoTG.”

But oh well, you guys brought the 6 seasons on Mercy hell upon yourselves by pulling that crap, and history is probably gonna repeat itself.

But Kazper, didn’t you know only bad players hid to rez?

1 Like

Lol, funny enough I also found this thread the other day.

2 Likes

This is absolute gold, thanks for sharing. I prey to Jeff and the Blizzard gods that mass rez never returns to this game.

Say what you want but those stats have never been this balanced between mercy and Ana. Look at that 50/50 winrate, pick rate around the same thing in platinum and in general its very close.

Only on the higher ranks you’ll see more Anas, but you could say the opposite for the lower ranks where you see more mercy players.

I know overbuff isn´t the best source, but that seems too perfect to be true.

1 Like

Sym is going to be a big part of an eventual meta that revolves around changing up how levels and platforms work.
I think she’s just a piece to an eventual “mario maker” style comp. I don’t know though. This may be wishful thinking

I literally said in the pick rate of supports, no idea why you are linking pick rates of ‘‘all heroes’’ instead of simply clicking ‘‘support’’.

Im not sure what youre trying to prove with the clip? We got to see 2 morons a Mercy player that was doing a bad job and did a bad ress because of it, and the soldier using his ult while under 50% hp while being shot by a dmg boosted phara. Sad thing is isnt even the worst ive seen, seeing a pocketed soldier unable to kill baby dva and then popping ult to kill her when she gets mecha back, aka unloading ult into her dm and doing nothing, has to be my personal top boosted plays in GM top 500.

Mercy Main Problems (SOLO HEALER?!) - Little Menace [S5 TOP 50 PEAK] - YouTube a top 50 Mercy, 0 hiding, 1-2 man tempo resses. btw just in case you forgot, Mercys ress used to be an earned ability, meaning the better you were the more resses you could get cause you would have more ults, if you got killed on Mercy =no ult charge=no ress. This idea the community had that Mercy needs to hide and ress 4 or 5 people was a serious pain for Mercy mains, cause they regularly got yelled at for tempo ressing. Primarily cause its stupid most of the time unless theres a combo to worry about, and then you have to track ults and know your own ult charge rate to counter the combo, cause guess what if you lost 2-3 people in a fight and enemy lost 0 you lost that fight and they have no reason to burn more resources and you waiting for the rest to die is stupid and giving up tempo and ult charge to the enemy. But yeah if you want to pretend that all that Mercy was is hide in a corner wait for everyone to die then ress, thats your choice and no one is going to change that after 3 years.

Are you intentionally trying to deflect? It doesn’t matter if I clicked supports or not, the result is still the same between Ana and Mercy.

I only see one. A soldier who did exactly what he was supposed to do and who would have won that fight had he been pocketed, but was forced to play without their mercy because their mercy refused to play, or even respond just so they could get mass res. And this is in masters.

I actually just skipped to a random part of the video, and at 6:10 this person says they’re going to play for res and goes to hide. They even say I’m trusting you guys not to get off, I have res.

So not only would I have given you the benefit of the doubt that yes, some mercy players didn’t do this… You sent me a clip of where someone still attempted to do it. Are you kidding me? And how many of those res were through walls without line of sight, i’m counting at least half at 3/6.

I does matter cause youre refering to different set of statistics to try and disprove my argument. If we are using the statistic you linked with the conclusion that:

You wanna talk all heroes? Then we also must conclude that Ana is currently overpowered or very easy to play in all ranks. Since if you look at this weeks statistics for all heroes and all ranks the difference in pick rate is even smaller 8.19% to 7.97% in favor of Mercy and the win rate difference is even bigger 48% to 50% in favor of ana with an on fire rate of 2% to 12% in favor of Ana.

If this were true from Plat and below and Ana was balanced and Mercy is a low skill hero but in a good place, Ana would not have the same pick rate when taking into account all ranks as Mercy while having a higher winrate. The logic of a high skill balanced hero follows that they will do much, much worse in low skill tiers than a low skill balanced hero, since that part of the community doesnt provide the mechanical skill Ana needs. Taking into account that Plat and below hold about 85% of the player base, and around 60% are gold and below, the logical conclusion is that her pick rate and win rate when taking into account all ranks would have to be lower for a very demanding difficult to play hero that isnt overpowered.
Here we need to figure out whats going on, either Ana isnt as difficult to play as people are trying to make her out to be, since the majority of the players are doing better with her than with Mercy whos supposedly insanely easy, or Ana is overpowered and is way too easy to win with even for the low skilled players.
There is no other explanation for her pick rate to be the same as Mercys while having a higher win rate when 85% of the players dont have the mechanical skill that Ana needs.

Running into a phara Mercy and poping ult while below 50% when he saw his support was afk? Solid work. Always ult even on 50% hp into a dmg boosted phara even though people arent in the position to help you. Do I agree with the Mercy play? Lmao, ofc not. I actually watched the entire clip you sent, so it really doesnt abolish Soldier from being a moron when he saw his healer appear afk and not respond. He had a choice to either pop is ult before his hp got fd by Phara or wait to use it. He chose to waste it into death, that makes him a moron.

watch the entire video or dont watch it at all.

he didnt though he flew on the other side of the building (from the payload) to ress.

Are you? What are you trying to prove?
I said it was rarely done unless you had a specific reason, which is why using your ult at the right times and knowing what those times were was even more important, as was changing your strat depending on whats going on,while you keep trying to pretend like that was all that Mercy did.
1:15 one man ress
2:17 2 man ress
3:58 1 man ress
5:18 2 man ress
6:24 2 man ress after he said hes gonna try playing for ress
10:10 1 man
11:30 2 man
12:47 1 man

So out of 8 ults he tried the hide thing once and then didnt do it, and somehow you decide that proves your point that Mercy only played to sit afk in hiding and then ress everyone.

For the last time, you choose to believe that Mercys game play used to be hide&ress brain dead, and after 3 years no one will change your mind. Lets be real, at this point it would just mess up all the boxes in your head, and it wouldnt even be useful since shes a different hero now.

In the meantime, I think its best you go and enjoy your time with Ana for whatever time she will have in the spotlight instead of trolling the forums. People get bored and annoyed from dominating heroes, they always do, no matter who the hero is, or how easy or difficult it is to play. Have fun.

2 Likes

@ me when Ana becomes a must pick on all ranks i mean, she must be borderline oppressive on Bronze to T500

Man Blizzard must have overbuffed her so much so she’s on must pick status on ranks where she was meant to be weak at.

Oh wait

Show me on the doll where the Ana mains touched you

No, this is not how it should be…
Now it’s harder than ever for new players to get a decent start with all the simpler heroes being more and more useless, or more and more difficult.
This game isn’t supposed to be all about tryharding. If you want a tryhard game go play cod or csgo. Casual players matter too.

New players getting their start will not have the MMR required to even get punished on anything they do, regardless of the hero they pick.

The hardest hero in the game being good in high tiers isn’t making the game more ‘tryhard’. And having a serious faction of the game isn’t a bad thing, especially since the choice is completely yours to never engage with it at all.

Literally not. You’re actually deflecting.

Or, the meta fits her as goats requires strong healing.

Your argument was plat. Now you’re trying to move the goalposts?

His support wasn’t afk. He was full when he went in. His support was your average mercy main during mass res SR exploit, and refused to play with their team, only caring about getting off that huge res so they can pad their own stats. In a normal situation, soldier would have ate pharmercy had he had the sustain from his healer, which he did not.

And lets be perfectly honest here, this was the extent of high skill cap you were referring to in your original argument, which in my opinion is anything but high skill.

Give me a video worth watching. You through a random video at me saying it proves your point, and it doesn’t.

No because his team didn’t play on point like he wanted them too, and you can see they were up in numbers in the killfeed so he came out of hiding to res them.

“i’m going to play safe” Immediately goes out of the fight to the far side of the map and then flies in to res his team mates that died because he wasn’t there healing. I’m glad you pointed that one out, i missed it the first time.

Riiiight…that’s why new players can totally just pick up genji and be getting triple kills with dragonblade 1 hour into the game…/s
New players need easy to play heroes that aren’t just niche picks. Except those are very quickly becoming nonexistant.

No, they can’t. Maybe they don’t even know what button activates Genji’s ultimate. But that’s ok because the enemy team is just as hapless. They are just starting out, after all.

In general, new players have so much to learn that outside of the star ratings discussing anything about the heroes in the game is little more than pie in the sky. Level 1 Timmy isn’t going to care if Torbjorn isn’t viable on 2CP attack because his enemies aren’t going to know enough to exploit the pick. The standard of play is so low that you could probably remove Mercy’s Rez ability entirely and it wouldn’t affect her winrates much in the lowest MMR games.

Hey us plats arent that clueless

I think this attitude is elitist and I can care less about whats “supposed” to be. People should have the right to play whatever they like and apply it whatever rank they are at. That’s nice if Ana has a high reward if you figure her out, but for someone who wants something done quick, easy, and efficient for healing, that is equally a sound strategy. Ana is crap against shields and dive and if the enemy team is countering her, you should be able to switch to Mercy, Moira, Lucio, or Zen, no fuss, no shame. You shouldn’t feel ashamed for playing something “less skilled” because it’s easier. You should play in order to win. Even in GM levels, they can still shut you down whatever you pick, so whatever, so be smart about how you play.

1 Like