Ana Grenade Nerf to 3sec duration - Is it Enough?

I mean, yeah. 50% antiheal is still really strong. We’re not actually trying to destroy Ana.

I do think 50% is more manageable though. Supports have some options for dealing with it. Bap, Moira and Illari can trade their own cooldowns to do 60-80 hps each, and Zen’s ultimate would do a respectable 150hps instead of being completely invalidated. Yeah, Mercy’s M1 isn’t gonna be that useful but honestly I still wouldn’t say no to having the option to do 27.5 hps to an antid target, because there are situations where that much healing can make a difference.

50% anti would mostly shine against support comps that have really high burst healing. If the enemy supports max out at a combined 300hps, then getting that number down to 150 hps is… still a lot of healing for your team to contend with, but it’s no longer “facetanking entire ultimates” healing. I think that’s a good amount of impact for the ability.

This is not true.

It was buffed to 3,5s to fight Roadhog when he was dominating the game.

This was 1 year ago.

it was 4 sec on overwatch 1

it was 3 sec on overwatch 2 BETA

then it was 4 sec on overwatch 2, december 2022

then it was 3.5 sec on overwatch 2, i think on january 2023

I think it was 3sec with OW2 release.

Then they buffed it to 3.5s to fight Roadhog.

Then they trashed Roadhog but kept the Nade Buff.

Now 1 year later, they fully reverted it to 3s.

It’s still 3 seconds of no healing. You need less than that to kill a target and more than that to safely heal them back from the brink.

as i said above

it was 3 sec at beta AND launch

then 4 sec at december

then 3.5 at janury

the only reason people pick ana because of anti nade

its basicly 80% of her power

without it being atleast safe side of strong, there no point to pick her, like every other support provides better value and easier to play / less risky, deal more damage, have mobility

So they buffed it to 4 sec to fight Roadhog and not only 3.5 sec as I thought.

Then they partially reverted it to 3.5 sec and now 3 sec again to pre-nerf Roadhog.

The duration was never the issue unless it is nerfed to 1 second or something.

The issue with bio nade isn’t only because of its anti-healing properties. One of the bigger problems no one really talks about is she doesn’t have to make the choice of having to use it on herself to heal or to use offensively. That dynamic was removed with the introduction of the support passive. They don’t seem to want to be rid of the support passive so forcing the supports to play in more compromised positions could potentially add that dynamic back to the game and would actually force support to actually think on how an ability is being used.

I remember when it was dropped below 3 seconds at OW2’s launch. Pick rate at upper ranks was so low that Blizz had to bump it back up to make her viable again.

Anti-heal is an essential mechanic to prevent OW2 from degenerating into a boring dps vs. heal tug of war with no counter-play whatsoever. It prevents Mercy from utterly dominating every game.

I don’t think it’ll be enough unless they nerf the anti. It doesn’t need to be 100%.