Ana doesn't do 75hps

She does 93.75.

Each shot from Ana does 75 healing and she fires 1.25 shots per second. That means her healing output on a single target jumps to the aforementioned 93.75hps.

Does this make Ana good? No. That isn’t the point.

I’m simply trying to point out that no, Moira does not outpace Ana with her m1 on a single target (obviously she does on multiple targets).

This also means that Ana doesn’t do 70dps either. She does 87.5.

A lot of people think Ana fires once a second, and I am trying to clear up those misconceptions.

5 Likes

And there is a huge loss of healing if you miss a shot which happens.

3 Likes

Ana’s scope gives her some semblance of auto-aim on teammates, and you’re only required to hit bodyshots.

Will you have 100% accuracy? No. But her hps isn’t what holds her back.

3 Likes

There’s a lot to consider. These numbers really have little to no significance when assessing her practical value in a match.

4 Likes

That’s not what I’m saying either and it’s not really a good idea to hardscope during a chaotic team fight.

Moira just does the healing more reliably and does what, 80 HPS?

Ana’s healing has to be earned way more than any other healer, and that’s good. The problem overall is that she’s not rewarded for it. The last thing the game needs is more overall healing.

2 Likes

Okay.

12 Likes

And? People don’t play Ana in tank lineups (where she outheals Mercy) because Moira is simply better.

Mercy isn’t OP because of her healing output. She was never good with the exact same healing until the rework.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when u factor in her reload time, Ana’s HPS = 83:

• 1050 healing from 14 shots (14*75)
  • 1.25 shots/s means 14 shots takes 11.2 seconds to unload
  • 1.5 reload time means she’ll do 1050 healing over 12.7 seconds, or 82.7 hps (83 rounded)
3 Likes

Then factor in missed shots. Then factor in time repositioning. Factor in time for her to look at another target, like some double jumping Genji, missing a shot, then returning back to shoving darts into Reins back, etc, etc.

Thus her terrible healing output.

3 Likes

It is not 1.1 shots/s. It is 1.25.

That puts her hps w/ reloading at ~85.6 hps, and Moira has a resource meter.

Mercy is OP because she had high healing, high survival, and high utility.

Other healers only have two of those.

3 Likes

Mercy had high healing and survival before the rework.

Pretending her mobility or her healing ouput make her OP is just disingenuous. The only reason she is OP is because of Resurrect + Valkyrie. Her base kit is simply worse than that of every single other support.

For utility Mercy has both damage boost and rez…

That is a VERY high value utility. You can put that on Lucio and he’d get picked.

Factor in crazy mobility, high HPS, easy mode latch on beam, etc, etc…

It’s really no mystery why Mercy dominates the support category.

2 Likes

rez on e will make mercy always op.

the rest of her kit is fine though valk could very well have been a watered down e instead.

her healing isn’t the problem.

Mercy already had her mobility, high hps and damage amp pre-rework. None of those things made her OP. In fact, her base kit was considered garbage without a second ability.

Now they’ve buffed Resurrect overall (or at least given it the same value) and given her a free new ability. That is what makes her OP.

3 Likes

Mercy with any form of Valk+Rez will always be high utility.

Assuming that isn’t going to change, the only way to balance that is reducing heals or survival.

1 Like

Remove her damage boost and smack a .5-1s CD increase on her GA. She’ll probably fall out of favor with that even while maintaining rez on E.

It’s just her entire kit is so overloaded with extreme and easily accessible value that there is legitimately no choice outside of “I don’t like her” to not run her as a support.

Swear to God next time I Q into an Ana/Lucio support duo at hero select I WILL SNAP…

I corrected the reload time, but that still comes out at 82.6, not 85.6?

True Moira has resource tho.

her core kit is fine just return rez to being an ult like it was ment to.

its caused enough problems and it cant be balanced on e.

make valk into a watered down e and have this over with.

no need to mess with her core kit that is already solid and balanced.

the only problems are valk ult and rez on e.

Pre rework was an entirely different beast. In that stage yeah, it was alright. Now though, those powerful elements of her base kit are now pushing her further into the outrageous level.