An Update on Scaling

Hi everyone-
Pardon our dust! The ability to scale heroes and barriers isn’t going live in the 1.51 update. We’ve identified some parts of the tech that need to be improved before it’s ready for primetime. Thank you for the awesome and creative stuff that’s been made on the PTR so far. We’re still working to get the feature to the live servers as soon it’s ready!

51 Likes

Was looking forward to it, but this is still a lot better than it being released unfinished!

13 Likes

Is it rude to ask for an estimation of when it’ll come out? I was just really looking forward to it coming out this update.

6 Likes

Well, thank for feedback! We will still wating for scaling feature!

1 Like

please take your time and test things out so that its as good as it can be

4 Likes

Tsk… just don’t take forever please.

1 Like

Thanks for the post, good luck with further improvements!

Aw man, that was the thing I was most excited for :frowning:

1 Like

Aww, that’s a shame since it’s probably been the most fun new thing added to the workshop in ages. Hopefully it gets ready enough to be pushed to live soon!

1 Like

aw rip

It’s okay, take your time.

Phew, I was worried that the scaling feature ended up being too hard on the servers and having to be scrapped or something

Thank you for the update c: I hope all goes well fixing things~

It’s alright! me and my friend noticed many things that could crash the game, such as mccree’s snowball emote when he’s scaled up, so i understand how hard to stabilize it must be

Don’t forget to fix, player owned objects isn’t scaled for example symmetra/torbjorn turrers.

Oh no!

I hope you guys solve it soon. This would be great to play around with the new Lucioball Maps on.

Thank you for the update.

After messing around with scaling, here’s 2 things that I miss:

• Jump speed, Move speed, Gravity should be modifiable the same way as Scale or Voice lines. For example “Start modifying Move speed” with reevaluation and so on. There is a workaround using player variable and loop if condition true, but it’s quite taxing on the server. Creates a lot of journal entries in the inspector.
  • New Player status which would partly emulate Orisa’s “Forify” ability, but without damage modifications and the glow effect. This could be used on giants… It’s weird if a tiny Reinhardt can pin a 3.0+ scale Soldier.

These things already exists.

Please. add nano status and anti status.

4 Likes

I think he wants auto-reevaluation of them.

1 Like