Oh Summer Games

this effect is so weird to see.
someone, i.e me, can voice their displeasure with the event and then i’ll get blasted for complaining. yet at the same time, nobody is forcing you to respond nor give my post the time of day if you dont subscribe to my words.
you can voice your concerns all the same but to call my post a complaint just feels hypocritcal as you’re complaining about my post as well

1 Like

i dont voice my displeasure because I know what it takes to do these updates.

Ive made a few games myself in the past and i didnt have a whole team behind me. It was just me.

And let me tell you something
If you dont like it. You can stop playing then

so simply because something is hard to do i shouldn’t say anything? just keep quiet?

is this what you’re saying? yes or no?

no

What im getting at is you saying how dissapointed you are but not once have you realised how much code it takes to impliment everyones requests are. Its illogical to cater to everyone

Really? That’s a shame :frowning:

I could have sworn it was added. Maybe needed some fixes I guess

Yea, they didnt feel like it was stable yet

Ahh ok good to have an official response. :slight_smile:

and apparently not once have you heard the phrase “do not assume”

blizzard literally shared an article about how this game runs on 2.7 million lines of code. thats just a surface level of what goes into this. I know skins take at least 8 months to a year as well.

So please, dont act like you know me

1 Like

2.7 million lines for the base game

But I really like the Pharah and Echo skins…

2 Likes

2.7 million+*

Well just one new good skin for me is a win, yet I got four.

I never said YOU were the whiny person. You said “people”. People whine about this event every year regardless of its quality.

I totally agree on this one. We not only have more disappointing skins (aside from the Pharah one), but less of them. All the Epics are locked behind the little challenge events so that people can’t even get them unless they have enough time on their hands to get all 27 wins.

The Tracer emote and the two highlight intros are fine, at least. Usually we just get one intro, but at the same time I don’t consider that much of a compensation for the lackluster turnout where skins are concerned.

And I am never touching Lucioball because that game mode is just too damn clunky and boring for me.

It’s fine to be disappointed. The internet mentality of “anyone who complains about anything ever are whiny and entitled” needs to stop.

Well, the Ana highlight intro is pretty cool. Too bad there’s no such thing as an Ana potg these days.

1 Like

The new Lucioball maps are totally fine for the hectic ‘just for fun’ Remix mode.

They’re godawful and cramped for actual standard Lucioball, let alone Comp.

They should have been kept separate.

There’s a reason half the match is complaining about the new maps in chat every game of standard Lucioball right now. And it’s not because “nothing is ever good enough”.

I thought the first year was super fun (but the Q was dumb). The following years with the new Q were fantastic. This year is still going to be fun, but it’s going to be marred by every other match being on a “poops and giggles” map. Also not a fan of the superpowered jump pads, but that’s super minor in comparison.

the new content was alright but the real drag on the event is the fact they gave a Lifeguard skin to Pharah and not Mercy despite popular fan request.

im surprised im hearing so much about lifeguard mercy and not speedo roadhog like people wanted. I mean, we got the torb skin

Lets be genuine here, people asking for speedo hog are usually joking. Someone responds with “sexy skin for x hero” and then another person, instinct at this point, chimes in with speedo hog (previously bikini Torbjorn.)

Also, a beachwear skin for Hog would come during Winter Wonderland because of when summer is in Australia.

1 Like