An anti-reverter mercy main's response to Aria Rose's mercy bingo

People just don’t want to hear an answer they don’t like. Which I get, but it also takes maturity to accept that and move on.

Overall, it’s about a fictional character in a video game. The fact it’s been a year, and the fact Jeff already responded about it months ago, and we still have people upset about it, just kind of indicates that there may be a mild hint of unhealthy devotion to a video game character going on right now.

I get it, it’s annoying when your character changes. I play WoW, it literally happens constantly. I may be a little annoyed for an hour about having to adjust, but I get used to it and move-on.

People also forget that Blizzard does internal testing on things months before they’re hinted at or released. Somethings never even make it to PTR because they determined it’s not worth it. Things that make it to PTR already went through the internal testing, and there’s a good chance that a lot of the changes people are asking for are things Blizzard has done internally.

It’s just time to accept it and get over it.

3 Likes

I honestly feel it has less to do with “they do not like” the answer and more to do with an expectation that the context has changed and therefore the answer should have changed as well. I do not feel as though they addressed the point and their most recent stated intentions are sort of contrary to what happened as well. With how MUCH demand there is for a response, I believe it merits them addressing the issue once again. It takes virtually no effort on their part. And while most of us realize they have not changed their mind, it would provide a bit of closure to those waiting for a response. It would probably help them accept it and get over it.

I do not even play her and I genuinely want to hear them discuss it too. The response from half a year ago or whatever is just not valid in a modern context to me.

5 Likes

Well, and that’s a fair point to make about it. I think the problem people have is that the complaining hasn’t stopped, even after the response from Jeff came. So really there has been no break in the over 12 month long complaining period. It would maybe make a little more sense if no one posted about how upset they were about it and then finally brought it up again after a few months to see if we can get an updated response.

It literally hasn’t stopped. And people definitely didn’t like the answer, and to me the answer is pretty straight-forward because it says they have no intention to revert her back to some original version of herself. I personally feel like their silence on it should be obvious that their viewpoint on it hasn’t changed since.

And I do agree it really is not that hard for a developer to just take 5 seconds to make a quick response. I have a big Reinhardt thread going about all of his bugs, and there’s no response on my post or anyone else’s about it. But I just move-on and deal with it. It’s a game, and I know that, so it shouldn’t be dictating my mood throughout the day.

3 Likes

And then have it thrown back in their face forever if they ever have to go against it or anyone can willfully misinterpret it wrong.

5 Likes

Yeah, good point, there is THAT element of it too.

Like I completely understand all sides of it, I really do.

I can see why people are annoyed, but I can also see why developers are wary about responding about it, especially since they already made a statement about it. But like you said, that’s being skewed and misinterpreted, so if their standpoint on it hasn’t changed, why bother making another statement about it and risk yet another heated series of responses?

3 Likes

there isnt…from a dev standpoint…they have nothing to gain by coming out and telling people no…again…

Oh, yeah, absolutely, the revert stance is not changing. I just meant in general. The state of Mercy and her balance, what they want to do with her. It feels all over the place to me and there are plenty of Mercy mains that want a response that are not in the revert crowd. I support their goal and if after a response they STILL complained non-stop, I would see where people were coming from. But they have been relatively silent regarding her despite numerous changes and whatnot. Basically, they do not want to piss them off and they know that their response would.

Yes, I do not really care either. It would be nice if they addressed some of the issues I have with my characters, namely Reaper. That being said, if they never do, no sweat off my back.

And that’s why I stand by my personal opinion that it’s just time to let it go and stop letting a video game character’s kit change be so irritating. I would understand if it just happened, but it’s been over a year now. Yeah I know there’s been a dozen nerfs, but the nerfs were fair tweaks that were made to chip away at the core of the problem until she landed in a more cozy spot with stats.

Yeah it took a long time, but it’s better than doing yet another DESTRUCTO HAMMER to it.

And I think that’s another thing that adds fuel to this whole “anti-Mercy” brigade. People want to see other heroes discussed. Like we all would love to see a response about Reaper or Roadhog at this point. They’ve gone longer with nothing.

I just think it’s important for every hero to receive at least a fraction of the attention Mercy has. It would probably greatly improve the state of other heroes.

2 Likes

Blizzard’s internal testing on the last three reworks has gone 0 - 3. Mercy, Sym, and Hanzo’s initial PTR entries were all significantly overpowered and hit live with significant issues.

People aren’t dropping it because Blizzard’s leadership blew their credibility on the recent changes. Trust me I know more than you so I’m right doesn’t work when you’ve blatantly screwed up despite having highly talented staff and mountains of data. The leadership on Team 4 has massively let down the rest of the Team.

3 Likes

I have been playing Blizzard games since I was 10, and that’s honestly what they always do. They release super OP stuff then either chip away at it until it’s better or they NERF HAMMER it a few weeks/months later to make it “better”. Assassination Rogues just took a 50% damage reduction because they made them too powerful.

Elemental Shamans suck right now and will probably be OP in a few months.

It’s just the nature of Blizzard.

And I agree, it’s annoying. I was definitely getting a little salty when Rogues were ganking me in seconds in PvP and I spent the entire time being stunned.

1 Like

I feel like she’s just ill equiped to voice her opinion… her arguments are honestely awful, problem is that she is just echoing what a lot of Mercy players think. It’s basically a meme at this point.

6 Likes
1 Like

The developers have flip flopped on issues with literally no prior indication, eg D.Va was supposed to be a protector with DM then one month later she gets reworked into a fat DPS.

1 Like

They probably did it internally and knew it wouldn’t work.

This may be true. But raging at one another won’t make this issue change will it?

I was pointing out that the developers are inconsistent, I wasn’t suggesting anybody flaming anybody else was going to make them work any harder.

Definitely not the worst

But I am growing to despise her more and more with every video.

She crosses off as a brat to me, in all honesty.

8 Likes

At the moment i hate her more than Pewdiepie and she’s on par with Logan.

And that says something.

4 Likes

Only level twos and threes can post YouTube videos

As much as I do miss Mass Rez, at this point I just want them to do another rework for her and make her;

1. Balanced so that her and all the other supports are on a even playing field.

2. Have her be fun to play, the developers say they want their characters to be fun and enjoyable to play. However how Mercy is right now I’m having more fun playing other characters then her.