An Ana escape tool

What if for a couple seconds
The grenade slowed down enemies 20%
And sped up teammates 20%

When used defensively at close range, it would be like a 50% speed buff on Ana, relative to her enemies.

Plenty for Ana to dash away from most enemies.

8 Likes

A decent idea, I like it on a few levels, makes Lucio not the only one who can speed boost, and would definitely give Ana more survivability without giving her additional abilities, sheā€™d still have to give up her nade to survive which helps the balance. I donā€™t like it though because it would take away Lucioā€™s niche so heā€™d require some more buffs, which he probably needs anyways. But also seems a bit too powerful. 30% slow on the enemy would be detrimental and could leave them open for a lot of sniper hits.

As far as the suggestions to give granny an escape ability though, this is one of the better ones. The people who want to give her wall climb or a grappling hook seem so out of place. Sheā€™d break a hip!

3 Likes

Really cool idea falls into her alchemy lore and the fact that lucio has a bit synergy with lucio it can make them a good duo. The zen mercy damage boost synergies eps so well the extra speed could actually make the most high skill demanding heroes a decent duo.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t imagine this Reaper getting nano-boosted + biotic grenade or Genji either

I couldnā€™t agreed more.

Edit: If you want a damage boost support team, go with Mercy and Zen

If you want a speed boost support team, go with Ana and Lucio.

1 Like

Lucioā€™s basic speed buff is 30%.
His Amped speed buff is 70%.

So Iā€™d say 30% isnā€™t all that bad.

2 Likes

The question is, can they stack?

Iā€™d say yes, but if itā€™s not balanced they could prevent stacking. But I donā€™t really see any reason not to.

ana should just get stealth when she goes into scope

I would prefer if they did stack. There should be more way to increase movement speed even if itā€™s not coming from Lucio.

I think the grenade would be a lot cooler if it also left a ploom of gas that hides your teammates from enemies, and clouds enemy vision within it for its duration. It could double as an escape tool for her and teammates.

To much of Anaā€™s kit is already loaded into that Grenade. She needs more outside of it. It was once considered to be a pocket ultimate the grenade was so good.

1 Like

It would be used offensive and surely abused

I donā€™t see how that would be a problem.

Both Lucio and Ana are out of the meta and could use some better abilities an synergies.

I was thinking more of wall climb XD

Iā€™m 100% up for anything that gives Ana more survivability without requiring her to be a Hard difficulty Robot or JJonaK

That is my main problem with this idea, Ana is already forced to choose between using the grenade for one of three different purposes: self heal, burst healing on teammates, and anti heal. If speed boost and slow are also added to that list, the whole thing will just be spread way too thin

1 Like

Itā€™s not like you have to choose which status effect it deals.

Donā€™t really understand the ā€œtoo thin aspectā€.

Wouldnt that kind of bloat Anaā€™s nade then? I mean it already gives health, makes healing double, damages and cancels healing at the same time. Well, heal + doubles heals and damages and prevents healing.

Adding more would bloat up her kit a bit too much. I feel like Anaā€™s niche for nade is to prevent enemy heals while doubling her teams at the same time.

I feel like Anaā€™s problem with her nade is that she HAS to use it to keep herself sustained as a main healer. So far as healers go, she has to use an ability to self heal while everyone else is doesnt have to wait for a 10s ability. Iā€™d say just give her a passive to heal a certain amount of health when she heals her team per shot.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
Why not both. Every other main healer has strong regen and an escape tool.

And Ana canā€™t really use her range advantage that well if she canā€™t separate from the team safely.