Amazing how the lying DEVS say there's no loser queue

This is a company that has no problem abusing people and covering it up. Why would they be trusted to say there’s no loser queue?

Every win streak is followed by a losing streak. That is mathematically impossible. I don’t even get a few games back and forth. Just curb stomps on both sides.

48 Likes

I believe they don’t have a loser queue, but they have “something” that clicks on and off when your near your peak.

20 Likes

I think the loser queue is just bad luck. Especially in lower ranks where people are kinda clueless lol. Ive joked about it lol, but no the MM just sucks right now, Thats the real problem. Hopeful for s3 changes though cause they sound good! I mean the MM sucks right now so I cant blame people for thinking it does have loser/winner queue.

3 Likes

They don’t label it a “loser queue” but it happens.

When your win rate is high, and you’re playing well… you WILL get the worst teammates in the entire match. By far. This is how they create their so called “even match.”

It’s a bad system.

29 Likes

Yes, I noticed that as soon as I start chaining victories, at some point I only have bad teammates who drag me down no matter how hard I try.
Even applying the advice : only worry about your mistakes and not those of others.

7 Likes

It is such a stupid system too.

Like the inherent flaws are extremely easy to pick up on, even just in a simple thought experiment in how it will go… and they have literal MILLIONS of data sets to tell them how trash it is.

And yet they STILL double down. Because Blizz never accepts or admits to making design mistakes. That is their prime directive company moto.

8 Likes

Yeah. That’s called their MMR is dumb and can’t stop pushing the person over their skill. Till it’s too late. A streak = you going from elementary school to college. Than you fail.

100% I’ve been saying this for years. It was even more noticeable when they brought out the endorsement system. Pay attention. When you’re on a monster win streak or reach a high peak – soon you’ll be queued with level 1 endorsed players, which usually (not always, but usually do) mean they are trolling, don’t switch, bad, etc and that people have clicked ‘avoid player’ or reported them (so they lose endorsement and are level 1)

Every time.

9 Likes

Looser’s q is a byproduct of the matchmaker algorithms. So technically it is called matchmaker handicapping. The better you perform the higher skill disparity would be in your team to handicap your stomps. But that is not a case if you are talking about peaking some metal ranks, you won’t feel this at full force, you are just not strong enough to climb.

3 Likes

Semantics, maybe they don’t call it a “losers queue” but there is definitely something that “activates” that can put you on a loss streak or win streak. When I read the devs response that there is no losers queue all it made me realize is that they deceive their player base.

Anyone who doubts this should just ask themselves, would they ever realistically say “yes there’s a losers queue!” of course not. I have seen it too many times, I can literally watch the replays and see that my teammates are playing and doing things that are like 1000’s of SR below where we’re at.

8 Likes

100% is a forced lose rate… Been keeping track of it in excel, ever since I start to win a lot in a row I am forced to lose a lot in a row… the game is just a pile of dog #@#!

They know what they are doing and they only took notice now because they are losing money and a player base.

7 Likes

yes, just dog shxt matching system

There might be things in the coding that makes you stay as close to 50% win rate as possible as a solo player. But we will never know. The only way to get around this at Diamond and under is to 5 stack. Playing solo will always be a gamble. The only reason I play solo is because none of my gaming buddies want to play OW2 because they think it is terrible.

4 Likes

“The whole game feels like you’re not playing against the player, you’re playing against the matching mechanism”

3 Likes

Gotta love it how even after Blizzard thoroughly explains how the system works, people still go “nah, loser’s queue is real”.

2 Likes

haha, do you really think they are going to tell you all of it and how it “really” works…

It’s a forced 50-60% win rate.

Did you hear Blizzard is giving away a billion dollars because they said so?

4 Likes

Well, did they say that? If they didn’t I don’t see a problem.

1 Like

It says a lot that players in every single competitive multiplayer game say there’s a loser queue system but all devs ever do is say they don’t exist.

The forums always say “we can’t know until the devs say something” but when they do they are apparently lying and a month later we are back to “we can’t know until the devs say something”.

3 Likes

Issue here is they also said that performance has no effect on MMR. They don’t look at your performance in a match in any way. Just W/L. Which personally I think is just another lie. I rank up much faster if I perform well, and not through winning more games as I still get the 50/50 forced stomps we all do.

1 Like