Amazing how the lying DEVS say there's no loser queue

i am selling hand crafted tin foil hats, they start at $5000 and go up from there. ability to customize your personal tin foil hat; min. $1000

please place your orders.

3 Likes

Id like mine in aluminum, as it can shield me from cosmere investiture as well

2 Likes

excellent choice fren! would you like any customizable features? such as gamma ray deflectors?

1 Like

All I see is a bunch of butt lickers on this forum. :smiley: I mean of course you would defend the game on its own forums :smiley:

I mean, they could say anything, it’s just words. It’s a trust issue at this point. It won’t matter what they say anymore since no one has any reason to trust post-Kotick Blizzard.

That sums up the experience pretty well.

Because Activision-Blizzard has burned all it’s player goodwill by now. It’s perfectly reasonable to assume all the obfuscation is intended to hide something.

Hah, I all ready make mine myself! Joke’s on you. :man_mage:

The only thing that will save Competitive at this point is more transparency.

I sort of struggle to believe that there is that many die hard fans left to defend Overwatch or Blizzard. Looks more like a business strategy to me.

I’ve also considered that maybe Blizz is so daft they actually are just bad at running the simple analysis that it requires to understand that there is a blatant problem with loss streaks. If they played their game they would see it, but I don’t think they like competitive either, at least not solo queue.

They would need to have a replay submission form asking players to submit replays when they are having a LONG SERIES of awful matches, an awful match here and there is acceptable, but when it’s off and on for 15 matches in a row something is broken. Then they need to go in and actually look at those matches and those players on the losing team and examine what’s going on. You don’t have to view every single submission, just a very small pool of them so it won’t even take a week to analyze. They will easily be able to see there is a huge discrepancy in skill. Then the real challenge, getting the dev team to fix it, I honestly think they don’t know what they’re doing, with the amount of bugs I’m hearing about there’s definitely something wrong in that aspect.

3 Likes

Understand this, part of the strategy to keep people playing is to purposely create “problems” that frustrates the player-base. It’s a big incentive to gaming companies. It create player response. The players come to the forums and write about their frustrations. It’s a great way to keep people focus on the damn games. If everything is good and dandy, you think people would care to log into the forums and talk about the game?

These are done with intent to frustrate the players so they keep coming to write and make videos about the game.

3 Likes

This game feels like a cassino. With this insane matchmaking you will win 3 and lose 5 then win 2 and lose 4. Feels like it’s made for you to stay forever grinding like a gramma putting coins in the machine.

5 Likes

They are playing word salad to dodge the issue(s) or go into technical specifics. Exploiting the fact that brodude gamers are willfully naive and/or just bad at math.

There is almost surely a blacklist/whitelist component to the lobby selection. There is almost surely an EOMM and DDA layer, as well. They didn’t discuss those in any specific details.

Their first commentary (in OW2) explained how matches were rigged for 50-50 using MMR. They weren’t clear as to what factored into MMR.

Now in update2, they are saying MMR doesn’t use performance data. Is that currently, or ever? Maybe there is another component (not MMR) that does factor performance data, and they’re just dodging the issue?

During the entirety of season1 and 2, people were ranking up after wins and going down after losses. Or just not moving despite winrate positive. It isn’t clear if/when mmr ever used other factors, and it’s not clear if “modification of in-game parameters” is being done to make matches closer (many cheats are just aim-assist and hitbox scaling to make matches closer), i.e. DDA.

We have posts and screenshots for these issues. And we had an entire season or two of of broken placements and bronze5 bugs into fixes into still bugged into fixes into still bugged.

What can be trusted? They lie, dodge the issue, don’t elaborate on why they patent all kinds of rigging, gaslight with offtopic AMAs so they can go back into hiding, etc…

Just like they don’t see 50-50 match odds as “rigged”, they see it as “fair” → a take which has no basis in math or definitions (for rigging, i.e. fixing the odds before the contest).

If MMR truly doesn’t use any performance data/stats, then it can be scrapped entirely. Just random people around an SR and show the SR and call it a day. No reason for MMR except to obfuscate and rig. And we need a confirm/deny that there isn’t any EOMM or DDA to go with their SBMM rigging.

That’s how we can move forward.

7 Likes

Can’t wait for S3, but with our SR being hidden and the only thing used for our matchmaking, I fear it’ll still be a nightmare at times.

people like to say your enemies get tougher after you win a lot (which is perfectly normal) but what I observe is that my teammates get dramatically worse. they miss shots they really shouldnt, they dont wait at spawn for regroup and stagger, etc. just noob mistakes

Disclaimers:
-yes I know one should focus on themselves to improve
-yes i believe climbing is possible
-yes I don’t think Blizzard is rigging my games; its just a bad system

1 Like

Something doesn’t add up. MM has been terrible and yet they are defending how it works, has been working, and will keep working going forward? I don’t see any technical before/after in those notes.

The biggest upset is no explanation for why people go 7-4 and still rank down (or 4 and 17 and rank up). There have been screenshots of these replay lists, and those outcomes shouldn’t be possible unless mmr uses hidden performance data (or the mmr rigging is too stiff). Go winrate positive, but underperformed and were carried and so no change in rank. That’s proof of rigging, because the mmr is tuning your lobbies faster than it’s giving you a natural SR progression.

There is zero reason to have mmr if it’s going to be fair.
Just give us random teams around narrow SR band, with SR band expanding during low pop conditions.

Something is still being faked and rigged. Either the game is lowpop and the MM can’t work (but they said 40 million players and 50k banned accnts = alive and well?). Or, few people are in their proper ranks? They debunk this by saing MM works really well, predicts and moves you fast, and a reset would be worse → all signals that everyone is where they belong. Which obviously doesn’t match up with observation, nor could it match up with good objective math.

5 Likes

If there is one, I currently am in it. Only F-tier hero enjoyers in my team vs full meta enemies. Also huge tank diffs that should be much less.

The losing Q is based on how much you won prior. I can win 7 in a row but I know I will be losing 5 - 7 in a row with no skill changes whatsoever. It’s there to try and keep you in your bracket, if you try even harder and pop a zit and win on loser Q you will rank up.

2 Likes

been saying forever. :face_in_clouds:

but I also no longer play in competitive and I " know " my sr is most likely lower than it should be because of not playing near enough to ever rank up and because of that whole switch to overwatch 2 thing which forced the SR thing to drop even further by a division or two. I played like one season I think had 90% win rates, laughed because I wiped entire teams solo and just quit and went back to quick play because it’s not fun because I’m not gonna sit there for 8+ hours to re-rank because the account is in gold or something because I played hanzo when I first started playing overwatch back in the day lol. :joy:.

any time I log on now and play people have to forcibly hard counter me or spam chase me/contest me or it’s a instantly loss for them and I think it is a crappy experience on both ends. Like last night I played tracer,soldier, and lucio went 19/2 on lucio and basically completely pummeled a entire team into spawn as lucio. tracer I made a ana basically lose their mind and spin in circles because they couldn’t physically even keep up with me and there’s a obvious huge skill disparity when I’m literally spinning around people like they are frozen in place and they have no way of keep up and then soldier they had to forcibly contest me all game as a ball, widow and something else and still couldn’t. which all suggest to me the account just is at a severely low SR than it should be and I personally don’t have the time to spend 900 hours to rank up to possibly where it should be but I feel bad for the people I run into. >_> don’t get me wrong I’m no top 500 but i’m not gold either.

1 Like

That, uh… That would still mean you’re climbing, consistently.

Or how wrong you are and love feeding into confirmation bias :person_shrugging:

It’s called hitting your skill ceiling or skill floor. Eventually, in either direction, you won’t be able to do anything but win (your skill floor) or lose (your skill ceiling).

You go on win streaks and hit a point that outweighs your cumulative losses over the recent past so you get matches with players you can’t beat.

You go on loss streaks and hit a point that outweighs your cumulative wins and you get matches with players that can’t beat you.

Anything else ie “mah teem8s”, “duh machmakuh”, “fersed lersesssss” are more likely than not - in most cases - a culmination of your own errors and emotional investment. Yes, Blizz admitted loss/win streaks do happen more as an artifact of the matchmaker but I do not believe it happens to the seemingly literal everyone this forum would have you believe.

3 Likes

This i have to like play so aggressive and flank on ana once i see them dud, but even then when you make plays like that get a couple kill anti nade the push, they will somehow lose or even if they win they will loose the consequent fight by staying on kart together instead of pushing up.

Though changing my playstyle i had fun on the losers q once it kicked in, to the extent i was able to make a genji run away at the sight of me instead of him chasing me.

We lost these games due to absolute imbecileness though, i don’t think they are noobs but just horrible teammates, sort of like the toxic q in cs go, except this q kicks in once you win a lot.

I love these kind of posts.

The people who literally code the game are wrong, and my single person perspective is right. Oh and this random guy supports me, so you know it’s true!

3 Likes

Appreciate the thoughts here but you’re way behind on the discussions on this topic, so I’ll just say “ok.”

I love how the shills forget that the release of OW2 has been a disaster. There where legitimate Ranking Bugs that they took a month to even acknowledge and 3 patches to fix and they’ve tweaked the Matchmaker numerous times.

But sure it’s the community that’s wrong not the DEVS.

2 Likes