Altice Dominicana - Latency Issues/Connected to Wrong Server

Same issue here, supposed to be US West and I’m in Brazil and sometimes Oceania

Just to notify, for some weird reasons, today the game started to give me the normal 85-90 ms latency. I didn’t use any VPN or haven’t change anything, just decided to torture myself and then I realized that I was all wrong and ping is back to where is suppose to be.

Anyone has realized any improvements?

Oh! For the first time in months my ping is 90 without VPNs and voice chat is english again, it’s beautiful :'d

I don’t know what happened but I hope it stays like this.

Edit: This was this morning around 11am, forgot to hit reply apparently. Will try again as soon as I get the chance.

Edit 2: It still seems to be working just fine! 100 ping for me!! :smile:

Hey all,

We are seeing that the latency for Altice Dominican Republic ISP has dropped down to around ~100ms average. So things should be looking better now.

If anyone is still having high latency go ahead and post a new WinMTR and we’ll keep an eye on this thread. Thanks!

i just install the game to test a friends Theory, that consist, in someone of my friend list its causing the issue for having high latency, so i decide to install and test his theory and boom!.. by magic… i got from 300ms to 120ms… and by magic after Battlenet recently update… now im having 90ms of latency… so was Altice’s issue because im confuse if its or maybe… just maybe Altice has developers on Blizzard, idk, it could be possible?.. , men… but is ok… i get you Blizzard its Altice fault… it will be good idea if someone with step issue analist expertice could work with blizzard… sorry i mean Altice…

Edit: BTW i have 5 days with the game installed

POSTMORTEM
This issue was poorly handled by all the parts involved.

My story:
When I get home to play a videogame, I want to relieve stress. Overwatch had been my game of choice for over a year now. I usually have a couple of games lined up but not lately, Overwatch was the only thing I had been playing. For 3 months I couldn’t play Overwatch. Stress piled up. Not only did it pile up but it multiplied exponentially. Talking to Blizzard’s, Altice’s and the others parties involved felt like another job. So, during 3 months I was working 2 jobs and relieving none of the stress accumulated. It was so much stress that I developed Alopecia Areata for the first time in my life. After the issue was solved and I came back to the game I realized I wasn’t having fun anymore. I lost all love for the game, and the company that created it. I think I hate it now. I can’t bring myself to play even one more match. It is sad that this happened, I hope it doesn’t happen to anyone ever again.

Yours truly, and now gone for good,

• Fidel Soto
3 Likes