Alright fellow console players : RIP

My issue always seems to be that the healer ignores me while I try to take out Pharahmercy. I’ll explicitly ask for a Mercy pocket or just some quick healing focus when engaging the Pharah, and I only get that support sometimes.

Worst part is that players act as if a McCree should just be able to down a pocketed Pharah and her Mercy instantly. Unfortunately, most Pharah’s aren’t completely braindead and will focus you.

That’s never stopped the forums from getting prematurely rowdy.:laughing:

Devs: “changes coming”
Forums:

7 Likes

Never had one problem killing Phara.
With aim assist on console it’s surreally easy to kill Phara even in high diamond / low masters.

1 Like

So, is the Console coummity just going to pretend that the Mercy nerf is a huge hit to PharMercy? I mean, Pharah is now 10% easier to kill.

That is another big issue. When I play Zenyatta and Mercy I always remember to damage burst the DPS to kill Pharah, but not enough healers do it.

I don’t think this warrants a nerf though. This is like nerfing Reinhardt’s shield because no one in plat shoots it.

1 Like

Finally Pharah is getting some attention
i hope its a buff

They made it quite plain that they won’t respect their promise about consoles balance.

I doubt you even play on consoles. Aim assist is nothing compared to k/m.

If you’re having trouble with Pharmercy just use Sombra + another hitscan. The Sombra hacks the Mercy and deals with her, then the hitscan kills the Pharah. OR, hack the Pharah and focus her together, then kill the Mercy (or vice versa in terms of killing which one).

That is not terrible advice, it just requires too much coordination for us solo queue, never enter the voice chat types. That being said, the number one problem with Pharah was the aim assist jank. If they fixed it, which I should test later today, we have nothing to worry about whatsoever.

This.

A McCree with 40% accuracy and 20% crit chance (which is pretty high on console to begin with) deals ~28.5 net damage to a pocketed Pharah. That means they need roughly 7 seconds to kill Pharah (plus/minus how they roll accuracy in the fight). If a pocketed Pharah can’t kill a McCree in 7 seconds they probably weren’t much of a threat anyway.

I will say though the Widow, Hanzo, D.Va, Sombra, and Zenyatta are much more reasonable counters to Pharmercy on console. Zenyatta won’t kill her but Discord makes all the errant damage from your team much more impacting.

1 Like

the good and bad thing of being a console ana main, no one can hit a pharah with dps heroes (bad thing) i can kill a pharah easily with ana (good thing) only problem is i can only heal and dps 1 at a time and 90% of the time i focus heals

I’m the solo queue type too, but if the Pharmercy is such a pressing matter then someone switches to hitscan to combat them and then I switch to Sombra/D.Va/Zen/Moira (if the hitbox isn’t so high) depending on my role. So I don’t think coordination is that necessary.

1 Like

All they really need to do. Is REDUCE the damage that the Blue beam provides.

I honestly dont want Pharah changes on console, people just complain and honestly would get blown up either way.

Icysuspect had the no. 1 pharah spot for awhile on PC and he was PSN’s top 10 pjatahs for awhile and people gripped that it was just pharah, not because he was good at her.

I can usually hook an Pharah or the Mercy if they aren’t too high as Hog. Kill either one that I catch.

Just shoot her 4Head

Honestly I’ve never had a team that struggled to remove a pharmercy combo from the fight. Even myself have done it by using Valkyrie countless times. Not to mention the stupid amount of mouse and keyboard widowmakers there are infecting console, it really isn’t that hard

Is that a genji jealous of pharah’s heals? Me too b, me too.

Nope, support player. Just sick of getting killed from above where if I fight back, I lose focus on the ground units, but if I look down to fight. She’s getting free elims