Already banned from comp. Thanks, team!

Joined first placement match.
Now arriving at Volskaya Industries.
Stuck at loading screen.
Exit game, try to rejoin. Unable. Banned for 10 minutes 30 seconds into first placement.
Scan and repair files during 10 minutes.

Second game. Dorado. Join in and win. Super.

Third game.
Now arriving at Volskaya Industries.
Stuck at loading screen.
Kicked for inactivity.
Banned for 30 minutes.

Already hate this season.

First PLEASE STOP playing Competitive. What you are describing is a connection issue of sorts most likely. Not a problem with your game client. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new topic in the Technical Support forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

1 Like

I appreciate the feedback, but it’s not an issue with connection. I’m able to hear team chat and see text chat; so I haven’t been disconnected. It only happens when I play on Volskaya. Shrug.

Have you tried a full uninstall and reinstall? Still, based on my experience with helping other players with symptoms similar to yours, I am hesitant to not discount the possibility of there being something blocked (such as a port configuration) with all data loading.

1 Like