Almost all players who prefer mass res are Mercy mains

Hell, anything to have it back

Welp, im not a mercy main but i prefere mass rez over flying on ult

2 Likes

whyare you talking ab out proving lol
its mercy main’s hero and we can’t tell what they want
(i personnally prefer mass rez and im not a mercy main but who cares )
ITS THEIR HERO LEAVE MERCY MAINS ALONE
don’t complain about everything they say

1 Like

Even for the people that want Mass Rez back, it’s rare that they advocate invuln Rez. Which is the change that got people to complain about the ability in the first place. So I have no problem with that. As someone who plays mostly against and with but occasionally as Mercy, I enjoyed it more when Rez was on Q. And even then, it doesn’t have to be “Q for 5-man” like it was before.

For instance, there was one suggestion I’ve seen before where it’s basically a transformation ult. Her base kit remains the same. Still single beams, GA is the same, yadda yadda you get the idea. But for 5-6 seconds, she can GA around to dead teammates, and rez them individually. No cast time. No invuln. If that doesn’t work, then maybe a damage reduction. 50% or something. Or maybe 33%. The numbers can be tweaked.

But that’s the basis. Remove Rez on E and make her ult so that for 5 seconds or so, she can GA to her dead teammates and rez them one by one. It gets her Rez on Q which is what the Mass Rez advocates want - they just want Rez on Q in some form - and it doesn’t upset the Mass Rez opponents because it’d still have plenty of counterplay. More than original MR had before, in fact.

1 Like

Not a Mercy main, and I was fine with Mass Res until they gave her an invulnerable cast.

1 Like

Ya know they nerfed her to prevent spawn rezzing, right?

for your last paragraph, from where did you get that impression? just because most who’d like a revert are mercy mains? i think that’s not enough data to have that impression

as for me, i want a revert because it’s a readily-available memory of a more engaging mercy play. choosing to tempo rez or mass rez was a strategy embedded in her ult. i’d go for another rework, but the many people who advocate for it have many various ideas that will just be ignored again. sadly, if a rework actually comes through, the worst case scenario is we’ll have another shelved ability put onto her just for the sake of reworking her to make her finally more engaging

When did Seagull say this?

I am saying that the alleged “most popular thread ever” thread itself contains a great deal of replies against the OP’s presentation

Factually, if there were a dislike flag available, people would have the opportunity to click it.

Factually, I would have clicked it

I suspect many others would have well

As such, it is entirely possible that some would be referring to the thread in question as the most disliked thread ever

Factually, thats not what I said

Who knows how many people would have clicked dislike had it been available?

Could have been double the number of likes, or more, for all we know

Factually, thats not what I said

Agreed - the likes arent meaningless. They mean that x folks declared they liked the thread. Nothing more.

As I see it, half the equation is missing

In my opinion, the large number of posts against the OP’s presentation and ideas speaks to the probability of a large number of dislikes if that option was available

Quoting a person is not ad hominem.

It is quoting a person

Factually, experiencing something is simply not the same as reading about it or watching videos.

This is for example why one does not get a drivers license without spending a lot of time driving a car (under supervision)

In my opinion, your experience proves nothing about another players lack of experience.

says who, you?
Mass Rez was a good idea and healthy for the game. But needed some changes.

I wonder if I am the only one that likes her where she is right now? Was never a Mercy main, but I find her viable?

1 Like

There are many, many players (myself included, and many others I know) who like Mercy as she is.

Many forum members have said the same throughout the dozens of mercy-related threads in these forums

So, you’re one of the many pro-mercy folks. Welcome.

1 Like

I’m a Mercy main and I prefer current Mercy :frowning:

1 Like

I never liked the idea of having to be “sacrificed” for her to get her PoTG and just to have pray and depend on whether or not my Mercy will either make us sink or swim being successful with the Rez.

There were times back then when I had ult ready, my Mercy would have me die, along with others, so she could try to do a 5 man Rez but failed terribly, ultimately having the enemy team get a full 3 points completion on Comp when we could have contested it if she didn’t wait for others to die :confused:

I don’t like the idea of a whole game centered around the focus of one person that can determine outcomes like that. That really isn’t a team “effort” in my eyes. The more she can Rez, the more she is wiling to get that max effort, even costing others. Having her rez 1 person right now forces her to mostly comply quicker to use it.

1 Like

I am not sure who you are addressing, but I respectfully disagree with your stance.

I do not like healers being incentivized to not heal their teammates

and another :slight_smile:

welcome to all

1 Like

All players not wanting mass rez are dps players that cant kill a single healer. See I can do it too. Gotta keep those Genji mains happy.

1 Like

Factually, I do not want mass rez

Factually, I almost never play DPS characters

As such, I disagree with your claim here

The worst feeling is saying “Widow, peek for me.” like 3 times before realizing they’re not in voice.

1 Like

:slight_smile: sad but true

I almost wish there was a custom voiceline for this :slight_smile: