Almost all players who prefer mass res are Mercy mains

NEW POLL:
h ttps://goo.gl/forms/KOdC1p9UdgOq7cUG3

For other controversies like Sym 2.0, Torb 1.0, even Brig you see arguments from all types of players on different sides.
But it seems like for Mercy, literally the only people who want old res back are Mercy mains. Of course, there are exceptions, but in the Brig argument for example, you see a far less percentage of Brigitte mains arguing on her behalf. You’ll see other support mains, some tank mains, and even the occasional DPS main arguing on Brig’s behalf.
I think there are just a lot of Mercy players who don’t acknowledge the impact of mass res from other perspectives besides their own.

33 Likes

nah that’s not true

I’m not a mercy player but I would like yo get mass rez back
(but I also have other ideas)

even seagull says there needs to be something countering ult spam

67 Likes

Not talking about all murcy mains, but some of them don’t even care about anything but their own fun. They want appreciation and easy potgs while screaming die on point I have rez.
Again, not all of them like this.

8 Likes

I am willing to wager that the OP’s absolutist statement is, like other absolutes, absolutely untrue.

42 Likes

You can’t just disprove what I’m saying with this statement.
Also, Mercy is your fifth most played.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean mass res.

I am willing to wager that you are a Mercy main, trying to disprove my statement yet at the same time proving my point.

2 Likes

I never understood the thought process of hide and rez

“ok we have several ults”
“I don’t see mercy”
team gets minimal healing
“let’s all use our ults at one time”

“oh no, mercy came back and rezzed everyone”

like really?

36 Likes

What I want back is stock 60hp/s as that’s when mercy started to become viable before the rework (that made her into an overpowered monster that every mercy main pointed out when it was still on the PTR). And I’m happy to pay for it in nerfs to res etc.

3 Likes

No. I flex to whatever roles that are needed. I main no hero, as Overwatch is a game that revolves around picking what is best in the current situation and switching on the fly. Having a ‘main’ is therefore a ludicrous endeavor. But this is immaterial to the point – there is no doubt that we could find at least one non-Mercy main, and likely many more than one, that prefer non-rework Mercy. Your argument would have been better served if you had simply stated that you yourself prefer neo-Mercy rather than attempting to amply your view through a very obvious use of fallacy.

4 Likes

I don’t want to mention rank, but I think in gold things operated a bit differently. If you don’t use ults, you can’t win the team fight. You had to use ults just to win the team fight just to get Mercy’s res out of her.

You can’t just say you’re a flex player with a private profile. For all I know you could be lying.
Also - you have absolutely no evidence to support your statement. You just repeated your previous statement in a longer format.

I can say it, and do so because it is true. Whether you believe it or not is immaterial to the point, and thus irrelevant.

7 Likes

Your argument is invalid with no proof. You’re literally just telling me I’m wrong with no reasoning.

Did you ever play in the Mercy hide & rez era? I can’t tell if this is a serious question or not…but I’ll bite, here’s how it actually went for anyone who played the game when hide & rez was actually a thing…

“ok we have several ults”
“i don’t see mercy”
“well there’s no point in using our ults unless we kill mercy, because otherwise she’ll just rez (mercy always had rez, it built very quickly) and we’ll be screwed bc they all have ults. ok dps, forget about the objective, your goal now is to go play hide & seek with mercy. kill her.”
dps try to find her, are successful, and their team wins the game.
dps try to find her, can’t because she’s hiding in spawn in this 2CP map, so timer’s running out use ULTs or lose the game, team uses ULTs, mercy Q’s from spawn and the entire enemy team is back up again with ULT.

2 Likes

nah I’m fine with you bringing up my rank I don’t really care (I’m kind of proud of it since I climbed from 600 bronze)

and yeah, you are very right about gold/low ranks being very different

you definitely don’t have use ults to get kills unless either you’re that bad or you aren’t in a useful team (one that coordinates and communicates - about 35% of the time I get those unless I group)

you could always focus the mercy first and then use ults (or at least always think about what can counter you and stop your ult, and get rid of it before you do)

1 Like

OP in ruins right away, LOL.

6 Likes

The argument, since you seem to have distracted yourself from it, is that your use of fallacy is, with no small sense of irony, fallacious. This is true whether I am a top 500 flex player or a bronze level single-hero main. I strongly suggest you reconsider your stance if you want it to carry any weight.

Bear in mind that whether you do or not is of no concern to me. I do not care enough about you to be concerned with how your remarks are received. I simply acted because your remarks were there, and for no other reason. Good luck to you with your endeavors in life.

3 Likes

That was the thing though, you HAD to find the hiding Mercy in order to focus her. Which was a HUGE time killer.

I can and it is

but if the mercy is in spawn and not healing, how then is the team staying alive

7 Likes

Many players preferred Mass Res, including many of my DPS/tank friends. They understand how stale and boring Valkyrie is and they want Mercy to be fun and impactful, so they would rather see her with Mass Res. Don’t make baseless accusations just because you don’t like Mass Res.

14 Likes

Not true. I absolutely do not prefer mass res and prefer valk.

2 Likes

Huh. I think we all know what type of person you are.
Besides, you really aren’t doing much in this debate other than filling space, so I ask you, please don’t contribute any more additions to this argument!