ALL CC SHOULD BE HALFED/ All ults should charge 10% slower

We’re in a meta where nothing ever dies, can we not find new ways to make everyone invincible?

These changes are :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Why on earth do you want to make Mcree and Junkrat more useless than they already are?!

Mcrees stun is the poor man’s only useful ability he has and cutting the duration of the steel trap…kinda ruins the point of a trap. Why trap someone if there only gonna be stuck for a fraction of a second.

Keep a distance from the stun grenades and watch where your going for the traps.

Also the ult charge reduction is to extreme. At that rate nobody could use ults unless the fight takes and eternity.

This :top::top::top::top::top::top: I wish I could like this multiple times

If CC was halfed on all situations, then many of the characters that rely on it for their kits would be useless.

I see some peoples miss-understand what OP means. He doesnt want to nerf any hero, he just mean that OW gameplay needs some kind of overhaul… and he is right. In current state of our lovely game, there is WAY to many hard CC’s which makes game less enjoyable, and less skill-depending. I think Blizz should rebalance most of our CCs and compensate for it (as I said, we dont want nerfs). For McCree it would be better if instead of braindead “flashabang” he would have true flash which will somehow blind all enemies that are looking at detonation direction (at X range), then just buff his roll and he would be better than he is now, without stupid stun mechanic. Same scenario goes for any other hero with braindead hard CCs, with Brig on top of that.

1 Like

Fine.

Stuns may be annoying, but it is needed in Overwatch.
It’s a way to deal with fast heroes and with the frontline.

As Geoff has already said in another thread:

Some heroes are of course more vulnerable to stuns. Tanks usually are because some lack mobility and have a big hitbox, but unlike flankers and squishies, have tanks a big healthpool and maybe a shield. This is why Brigitte is seen as a hard counter to flankers and a soft counter to tanks.

The issue I take with Mei is she’s been in F— tier since shortly after game launch. She NEEDS buffs/fixes, not nerfs. Mobility needs nerfs more than CC.

1 Like

CC should not be chainable. There should be a small window where if you get stunned you can’t be stunned again for 0.5-1s or something.

Last night literally got brig bashed and then flash banged back to back so got destroyed.

Said no one ever, LMAO.

have you ever played any of those heros?

Brigitte needs the stun to facilitate her being a dive counter. If you cut the stun duration in half then Tracer Recalls out of the combo 100% of the time, Genji Deflects out of the combo. With them getting away and now no longer having to fear the Brigitte they can proceed to go pop the supports.

Brigitte would lose her place in the game.

Rocket Punch would become a lot less consistent in killing things, as anything with a mobility or survival skill would be able to use it to avoid dying. It would wind up being used more and more in its uncharged state as an interrupt, which an even lower cooldown then Shield Bash.

Mei’s freeze would become ignored because it would not setup her secondary fire anymore.

McCree’s flashbang duration would be so short they would have to cut its cooldown down as it would be useless as anything other then an interrupt.

Lol he is so garbage now, if he had no stun he couldn’t counter Tracer. I don’t want Overwatch turned into CoD/Battlefield …

There are others, better ways to deal with mobility etc. than hard CC (stuns). Imagine ability which may increase CDs for mobility abilities only, its just one example.

scenario:
Tracer try to blink at ur back lane and get hit by new ability, her mobility abilities CD is incrased by X seconds / X % for X duration (X = time, all about balance) that way she still can fight, but she wont be sitting duck anymore. Both sides can fight back.

Or other idea…
Mei gets buff for her freeze. She can freeze environment which cause mobility abilities debuff for all enemies who step on it (if floor is freezed, enemies gets debuff if they step on it, they also will slide on it). If wall is freezed there is no way to climb on it (Genji, Hanzo, Lucio).

Simple examples, there is tons of other ideas.

Flash bang is “brain dead” now? Can’t really take you seriously if you think that :roll_eyes:

It is. I dont mean it easy use or so… it is just hard stun which is the problem, mechanics. I just really dislike the idea of being unable to fight back, if there are other ways to make CC enjoyable for both sides.

There is nothing brain dead about flash bang mechanics or the exploitation of it. It requires precision aim and follow up requires precision aim. The range is short enough that you have to put yourself in position to use it which comes with risk. Calling it brain dead is an insult to McCree players who have aim with precision almost all of their abilities. Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s brain dead. Flash bang and McCree are actually how stuns should play out in this game entirely skill based.

Omg junkrat has been in the game from the start if you get caught in his trap it is because of either 2 things:1) Junkrat was sneaky and placed his trap in a damn good spot 2) player was no paying attention and walked into the trap, if their is a junkrat on enemy team you need to watch for traps, i am in gold and i dont find that hard

Read what I said. I’m just against all mechanics which makes you unable to fight back, doesnt matter how hard it is to use, or how skilled it was… it just bad game design, if you can make it better for both sides and even more skill-depending.

Just Brigitte, McCree is fine.

Mei is nowhere near OP right now. I still think she needs a few more buffs tbh (mostly her M2 with the awful damage dropoff and charge up)

I actually agree with that, Junkrat is probably the most OP hero right now for the amount of skill he takes.

I can sort of agree, but most of the CC problems have been coming from Brigitte’s shield bash. They need to increase the cooldown on Shield Bash to 8-10 seconds and let it be blocked by shields, then it should be fine.

lmao what? Junkrat and Hanzo are the only 2 heroes in the game that get their ults too fast, there is no need to ruin every other hero because Hanzo and Junk get Dragons and Riptire every 5 seconds.

More skillful gameplay? I think you’re just trying to turn the game into CoD at this point. Ults have never been “free kills” (unless you count season 2 and the beyblade meta, but that’s long gone), slowing a hero’s ult charge to the point of uselessness wouldn’t increase the skill it takes to play them. All it would ever do is make Hanzo and Junkrat even MORE meta than they already are, because if you take every ult in the game and decrease their charge rate by that much, Hanzo and Junkrat’s insane ult charges will become normal whilst the others become useless. I don’t think you want that (nor does anyone else).

There’s plenty of counter-play for the stuns in this game.