All cancable Ultimate Casttimes [Workshop testing + Clips]

Absolutely correct the 0.5s are one the time it can be canceled by Stun, hack or Kill.

You can still deflect or eat it later.

Okey I did further testing on Doomfist:

Okey what I did here was basically I synced Mccree’s flash and Dooms ult.

At a 8m distance mccree’s flash takes 0.27s from activation to the actual stun.
So when I press interact (F on PC) the game will force the Mccree to flash and wait 0.27s then forces the Doom to ult.

I also had the option to set a timeframe that it would wait till mccree would stun me but as you see that wasn’t needed even if Mccree’s flash goes off the exact same time doom’s ult goes of it will not be cancled.
But because im an idiot I forgot to save the mode If you want to test it for yourself tell me and I will redo the mode.

2 Likes

Remeching dva, thats one

Yea I forgott that one but Im already uploading the clip for it.

And roadhogs as well

Roadhog can be stopped at any point in his ult he doesn’t have a casttime but a castanimation. Because Roadhogs ult is channeld.

There’s a small little “bug” for Mercy’s ult where if you’re stunned right as you ult, you’ll hear the beginning sound but then it cancels.

You still have your ult so I wouldn’t say it’s “cancelable” it’s just a small timeframe to halt it

1 Like

I do have a clip localy where I test all Transforming ults at 0.01s delay but just to be sure I did Testing with Mercy at 0s delay and it seems to work just fine.

It could be however that it is an inconsisten/Situational bug or has to do with latancy.

Heres the clip:

(For some reason however my timer is gone xD)
1 Like

Wow nice one. So that confirms he has no cast time. Or is soo small that it’s insignificant. That also confirms it’s a glorified escape tool because it’s so bad for killing :grin:

1 Like

Apparently you don’t read the countless threads created about the issue.

And how most of the loudest voices are Doomfist Mains.

You need to research more.

And yet you contradict everyone else who has complained about her.

So which is it? Can she hack projectiles or not? Can she hack ult’s or not?

Apparently 230 hours isn’t enough if you can’t answer that question.

Because everything you’ve said so far is absolutely wrong.

Or you never played sombra more than 23 hours because that’s what it seems like.

You can’t lie to people when you literally contradict yourself and others who cry for a nerf because neither of you know how she actually works.

I never said they should be allowed, I said it was not right that they couldn’t be hacked/EMP’d.

That’s not what I have videos showing, I have videos showing projectile based skills being hacked, I have videos showing projectile based skills impossible to hack or EMP. I have videos showing how EMP doesn’t hit anything at all, if Sombra dies during animation AND loses ult charge, but it’s ok that she can’t hack through Transforming ults and force others to lose ult charge in the same manner.

Don’t talk to me about what’s oppressive or not, these are all bugs Sombra has had since she was introduced.

Do you want to compare how many QOL changes were made to just Doomfist alone, that make him a much stronger character.

In the end it comes down to people forgetting how to use WASD and left click.

If you are going to quote me then do so accurately. I never said it was 0.5 seconds I said “0.5 seconds I believe

So you are calling out Wiki as an unofficial source, then calling your Arbitrary test official?

Pot calling the kettle black?

Buffing her, doesn’t involve removing her kit. And that’s what you have said, that’s also what your test shows a need for.

You are literally asking for a nerf with evidence people have been using to support their claims.

If you want her to get buffed, then stop helping people get her nerfed.

Most GM’s do not want her nerfed either, but rather buff her.

The issue is as Robotwizzard and I discussed.

There’s only 2 routes to go from here, and us Sombra mains have people like you to thank for it.

Turn her into a real DPS assassin in which case people will hate her even more than now.

Or castrate her so much so they might as well delete her, because that’s what everyone is advocating and your so called supportive test, actually is helping people get her nerfed. Intentional or otherwise, you are hurting the situation not helping it.

And you literally don’t have the experience playing her when you contradict yourself and others who also have no experience playing her all claiming to know how she works, but can’t agree on a common denominator.

Do you know why? Because GOATS has a weakness. So the logic is to nerf sombra?

Now go look at her win chance with EMP at pro level which is barely 40% chance to win a fight.

No one in GM+ used Sombra more than 0.7% of the time up until now. This is the second time she’s been in Pro meta in the last 15 seasons.

That’s not a justification to castrate her as a character.

Otherwise Rein, Zarya, Winston, Mercy, Lucio, Dva, Genji, Tracer, all would have been nerfed out of meta. Dive was nerfed when Brigitte was introduced that changed meta for Genji and Tracer when 2-2-2 hits, the meta will shift back to Dive and you’ll see Sombra fall back down to F Tier instantly where she has been for over a year straight.

But hey go ahead castrate her kit cause #internetlogic

LOL@ Overbuff

I love people who give overbuff as gospel. You do realize Overbuff tracks less than 1 million players globally.

Remind me again how many people play this game?

And if we go by Overbuff with statistical validity, then I should be a GM sombra one trick according to Overbuff.

I’m 93% on overbuff right now, and it’s not just with that character, I have about 5 other characters from 92% to 96% range on overbuff, that means only 4-8% of the people on overbuff are better than I am on 6 different characters.

Do you REALLY want to call overbuff official? Then criticize Overwatch Wiki?

Not my job to hold your hand and make you read the patch notes.

Do whatever you want, but all you are doing is getting Sombra nerfed and a worse rework than she had before that NONE OF US ASKED FOR.

So when did the Workshop become the official test bed for Blizzard?

Last time I checked it wasn’t.

Otherwise your arbitrary test would be official and we would see a blue name confirm it.

Guess what, I still don’t see a blue name confirm it. Not that they do anything on the forums anyways but you get my point.

P.S. I wish I could click on your play button, but I notice there’s no play button for Sombra, but there’s a play button for everything else.

Im on the Forums daily and noone made a thread about it since atleast a month if you can link to one.

Im not on reddit tho so maybe thats an issue there. Its always said that people don’t understand the rules of hack.

No she can’t hack projectiles. However She can hack Mei Tracers and hanzo’s ult while casting aka before they are a Projectile.

She can stop Casttimes, Hack Channeld ults in the duration and never hack Transforming ults.

However alot of people know that on the Forum.

You can check my Profil I have nothing to hide.
https://playoverwatch.com/career/pc/SchWiniX-2357

And where did I contradict myself?
Ask me litterly anything about Sombra I can probably anwser it Im a Number and Fact freak and a Sombra Freak I know my stuff.

Hack is a pretty Strong ability if used right buffing that would make it even stronger people would cry Blizzard would nerf.

Show me and we can argue about it its hard to argue about it if I don’t know which Heroes in what situaons.

Thats exactly for what the 0.2s of my initual post stands its the time inwhich Sombra’s ult can be completely stopped.

Diffrent ults work diffrently.

Sombra’s ult is a Cast time ult, Transforming ults are Transforming and Channeled are channled they all work and react diffrently.

Even tho I kinda stopped Im still uptodate with Sombra’s bugs:

Did I say I wanted to do that? No?

You can believe in the church bring facts not rumors and we can talk.

The Wiki is a usergenerated Information source which doesn’t proove what it says my Workshop mode clearly prooves it however if you would take the time to understand how it works and do it yourself.

What??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

My Test doesn’t show anything like removing anything it just shows the numberical value of the casttime of all the casttime ults.

I brought up the Evidance maybe but im not asking for a nerf please quoute me on where I did? I only bring facts to the table with which people can argue… If they use that for or against my Opinion is out of my hands.

Again I chalange you here ask me anything about her I anwser it.
I bring facts to the table nothing more I do not want people to lie and bring falseinformation to the table thats all.
I would love to here @Robotwizzard opinion on this one is it my fault that because I brought facts to the table Sombra has only two options (Which isn’t true btw).

I said I don’t want to nerf Sombra yet you say I want… What is your Problem?

If you use Winstons lab that was last updated around the start of June so please don’t take that as a information source.

Again more false information

Imgur
You can clearly see that her Pickrate in GM is 2% for quite a while.
Basically since the Infinite Buff (Which as a Sombra player I hated btw).

Which im not asking for again quote me on where I did that.

Im confused you know that Overbuff actually alines with your Opinion on Sombra right???
And there are other sides tracking the stats with diffrent sample sizes getting the same results.

Also 1 milion players is more then enought for a accurate survey you don’t need the whole playerbase for it.

???
WHERE IN MOTHERS HELL DID I CALL IT OFFICIAL WHERE DID I SAY IT WAS MADE BY BLIZZARD ITS A STAT TRACKING SOURCE AND ITS THE MOST POPULARE ONE THERE ARE OTHER ONES COMMING TO THE SAME RESULTS WITH A BIT OF LOGIC YOU CAN SEE THAT IT IS ACCURATE ENOUGHT.

I did read the patchnotes and found nothing if you claim there is something then show me because there isn’t.

All of my testing is know to Blizzard they now what they Programmed and I just found what they programmed and made it know…

You logic makes 0 sence.

IT has official features/Tools that allow use measure diffrent things within the game. Its like programming something you can do a hell of alot of thing.

?
You make less sence as we go on.
We where provided tools by Blizzard in the workshop I used said tools to search for the casttime of diffrent ultimates and then use posted them here. Actually I never said they where official you know you came up with that…

Its what I found and aslong as my teest (which btw works according to the scientific method) is proven wrong it is correct.

Which I explaind in my original post:

The Sombra :information_source: one leads to my original post about Sombra’s 0.2s Casttime which includs a clip and alot of other detail but if your to lazy to go the long way here you go: Sombra EMP casttime Tests - YouTube

Okey to get everything importand here:

1. Give me Sources instead of making wild clams

2. Don’t put works in my mouth I never said anything was official.

3. Ask me anything about Sombra I anwser it to the best of my ability.

4. I do not want Sombra nerfed LEARN THAT PLEASE and nowhere on this post I ask for a Sombra nerf…

5. If you would give it the time of the Day to just look over my Workshop mode and its rules alot of the missinformation you spread would be clear.

6. If you want proove that my Testing method works if you use it to check hack you you get 0.62s which if we round that up like I do with everything because of Tick errors we get 0.65s which is exactly what the Devs told us that it is:
    Overwatch Forums

Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s

1 Like

This dude is getting way too emotional and putting words in your mouth, trying to attack your credibility on Sombra and really derailing this thread.
It was a nice informative post…

2 Likes

Thanks that means alot.
Tho I just can’t leave it be I hate it when misinformation is being spreat when I have Proove (which isn’t prooven to be wrong obv) is around. Can’t stand that.

Use the search function.

There are literally 10 threads of people thinking they know how it works and they don’t. All of those threads are nerf sombra threads btw.

This does not coincide with what a lot of other people have said in those nerf sombra threads. This also does not coincide with experience hacking/emp’ing projectile based skills/Ults

Basically a lot of mis-information floating around the nerf sombra threads so far no one has really nailed the definition.

There are contradictions to both claims and video evidence of it as well.

This does not coincide with what 1/2 of the other people are saying about her hack / EMP

Of course these people know more than we do with a fraction of the time played on her.

I did check, but you were making contradicting comments that a 50 hour Sombra main would make. We just might have a breakdown in communication between us.

Either way, there’s a lot of he said she said about Sombra and most of them are wrong about how she actually works.

Even some GM’s don’t know how she works, which I can’t knock them for, they know the game better than I do obviously, but they won’t know a character better than a one trick.

I can’t expect them to know how every quirk with sombra’s kit works, and that’s the argument all of us sombra mains have been making.

It’s easy to say she’s oppressive when you don’t play her. It’s even easier to see it’s not true, when you do play her.

I never advocated buffing her hack or EMP. I only asked for a 10% damage increase while leaving her kit the same, and I had my head ripped off by everyone on these forums because of it.

So now I don’t make buff suggestions, I just explain to people why she shouldn’t be nerfed.

As a 230 hour sombra player yourself, you want me to list the issues sombra has and which characters?

Come on now do you really expect me to list those reasons again? I’ve listed them in about 4 other threads as well.

If you want video evidence of it, then actually play Sombra more consistently. Don’t just play her one game or 3, then quit, player her 10-20 games in a row on every map rather she’s good on the map or not.

Great, but that doesn’t fix the issue of her ult not hitting anything when she dies… this happens way more often than people would think. But my issue is Sombra should not be losing ult charge if she dies before it hits anything. It means the server didn’t see EMP go off, but it still removes her ult charge.

That’s a bug, despite the fact Blizzard posted patch notes that this change was deliberately set, the problem is it affects sombra worse than any other character in the game.

It’s the equivalent to roadhog pressing his ult button only to get shield bashed, hooked, flash banged, and EMP’d all at the same time.

That’s how it feels.

FYI out of those 30 some odd bugs, none of the one’s that matter most to Sombra are listed there. There are other bug threads listing the bugs that matter most to Sombra, 75% of that bug thread is about her translocator, and not her actual game play issues.

That doesn’t suprise me, because Doomfist has had more buffs and QOL changes that made him a stronger character than any other character in the game thus far and most of them were done shortly after his release.

Again you call out wiki as unofficial but I don’t recall Blizzard saying the workshop was the official test bed for Overwatch?

Basically, this point is moot regardless… your testing has hurt sombra and is helping everyone justify a nerf. I wish it didn’t but people aren’t using your data to help sombra they are using it to nerf

People are using your data as justification to nerf her ult, and hack.

Intentional or otherwise doesn’t matter at this point.

If I need to tell you how to play her, then you haven’t played her enough.

Better yet, I challenge you to name one actual bug related to both Projectile and Transformation, and list the characters it involves.

cries in pharah

Well if you could tell me what I should search… Well I guess I will search for Sombra and projectile…
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/search?q=Sombra%20Projectils%20category:6
Found one from about 1.5 months ago

Well 1. Im not a nerf Sombra thread.
2. Most of the people I come in contact with on this Forums know this too.

I know that there are alot of people that don’t know how Sombra’s Hack works but its far less that it used to be I really only meet such people ingame.

I think thats it xD.

Agreed but alot less then there used to be. There is also that Twitter post about her LoS. And I now have 40h+ testing on that and started way before that tweet. So I also know that stuff.

But the only real way to learn how she works is either by playing her or by punching it into ones head So i don’t jugde people for not knowing.

You can say this one out loud the amount of people claiming hack is easy to use and super effective but don’t understand what it actually makes it work is hilaruse.

People (Including me) don’t like DMG buffs for her it wouldn’t be the worst I guess but I don’t think its needed and I already hear the people cry that they insta Die out of Stealth from Sombra.

No im not asking for a bug list… I mean I litterly send you one Im asking for a clip that shows a Projectil getting hacked:

I ask for these Clips.

And just for you knowledge I basically Onetrick Sombra with a few exaptions to Keeping my Widow and Tracer fit in the case I need them.

Well again its suppost to be that way if Sombra is Killed, Stunned or Hacked withhind the first 0.2s of EMP She will loose her Charge and noone will get hacked. Its the same for all other Casttime abilities.

All Heroes that have casttimes loose there ultcharge in the cast btw This was changed quite a while back it was once the case that the charge would decrease by a sertand rate after the ult is used and when its stopped you keep the amount that is still there.

It may feel bad as a player but it isn’t a bug but intended.

My list isn’t up to date but I do think I got the most Importend ones.
There are quite a few that are gamebreaking and still in the game tho.

True tho to be completly fair Doom is the hero with the second most bugs just behind Sombra. But I agree with you.

I think you don’t completly understand the workshop.
The workshop is a way to make our own modes and tools within the game now the Tool I made is for accuratly testing Casttimes.

What my Tool basically does is it allows you to set a time the game will then wait this set amount of time after you ult and assoon the time is over it will stun you.

Now if the stun stopped your ultimate you know your still in the casttime and you increase the value and try again till you hit the point the ult doesn’t get stopped anymore. This now is the Casttime the max amount of time that can pass from activating the ult till getting Killed, Stund or hacked that acually stopps the Ultimate.

This may be true but it would be wrong keeping it hidden and letting people disuss about EMP’s casttime being 0.5s . Blizzard knows that it isn’t they Programmed the game so all argumant based around the misinfomation of EMP being 0.5s will either push them further to a nerf because they know its even extreamer then people argue about or will do nothing because is a argument around misinformation.

Same as above before my post people though it was 0.5s which was wrong and Blizzard knows it is.

Thats not wat I want I said that you could ask me anything about Sombra (Anything you think I might not know) and I will anwser it as a way to proove that I know How Sombra works.

I need you to go into more details here.
What do you mean with Projectile
The only Projectily ults are Zarya, Roadhog, WB, Hanzo, Mei, Pharah, Torb, Tracer, Bastion

All of these ults work fundiamenaly Diffrent.

Zarya is just a shot without cast.
WB, Hanzo, Mei; Tracer all are Casttime abilities.
Roadhog and Pharah are Channeld
Bastion and Torb is Transforming

Or do you mean Obect ults like: Bob, Orisa, Dva, Junk, Sym, bap etc?

I mean a “bug” but not really bug for Transforming ults are the Favior the shooter rule which stoppes your ult if the server receves the stun before it recives your ult activation. But thats a latency7Tickrate issue not a bug.

Well Pharah is a Channeld ult it gets stopped and any point and doesn’t really have a casttime.

After thinking this over I think I now Know what the problem is on why you don’t quite seem to understand and why we talk over each other instead of with each other.

Do you understand what a Casttime is (or A cancable casttime to be accurate)
Basically some ults and ability have a charge up time in which they can be stopped if they are stopped there ability will not be activaded and it will go on cooldown (or loos ult charge if its a Ult) The nummbers in my original post at the top are these casttimes in which the ult can be stopped.

Got an actual official EMP cast time today along with the nerf. I guess they count the whole animation as the cast time and not the moment the pulse comes out?

Im already working on that just now they for some reason disabled Workshop so I need to do it visualy.

One thing I can say is that the animation looks fricking weird its stuck with the arms crossed for a pretty long time.

It certainly feels clunky I just used it in practice range.

as soon as you active it it goes into a suck pose of crossing arms waits there a short time and then plays the whole old animation from the beginning

1 Like