Algorithm is a disgrace

I usually just quote them and say “stopped reading there.” Sadly I saw the bold text below and addressed that, but didn’t read anything else. If you can’t be troubled to read others’ posts, you don’t deserve to have your posts read.

You’re blaming the matchmaker and not yourself :roll_eyes:. Maybe change playstyles? Try not to play on auto-pilot. Have gamesense. Stop blaming the matchmaker or your team, cause that changes nothing. Fix how you play

1 Like

Oh sure, it’s my fault I get matched against GM smurfs, my teammate disconnects, and no one plays healer / tank? Carrying as a support in 4v4 is impossible, also. Just is not doable.

I would like to see video of a diamond support (preferably ana) going from plat to diamond in 4v4. Not possible, I swear.

so what are you suggesting blizzard do to accommodate these variables? breathalyser to play comp? an IV insert to monitor blood sugar levels during gameplay sessions?

how

will

blizzard

have

any

idea

whatsoever

of

these

conditions

ya its fun being in a high gold/plat match and you get a bronze on your team…its amazing.

Blizzard should not be handicapping competitive games with an algorithm at all. For more information on the subject of handicapping and why it is wrong for Comp Overwatch, please check my thread here:

2 Likes

What is also funny is we aren’t allowed to have more than 2-3 win streak but yep we sure can have a 10+ game losing streak. I am in the same boat as you. I have had so many 10-12+ game losing streaks that I would barely lose any SR. Finally get a 1 win then another 4 game losing streak. Only time I get more than 2-3 game win streaks was when I played with a couple of others but they have long moved on to other games.

2 Likes

Can you provide us with your win / loss for every game you have played? That way people can see the times you have had 10 game streaks.

P.S.- I have played over 10,000 comp matches and never had a 10-win or 10-loss streak…

Is that statistically even possible? One team has to lose every match.

I assume only because it’s the to sub 1%. So being it’s such rare air people are touching GM, then just getting thrown out again. Match making still has to bring in master players to get games.

I’m just going off what every top GM streamers has mentioned. I assume if a person is lower GM they can sort of hang at 50%. Yet even average players who claim to 50/50 out in say gold SR can slowly fall in SR.
It seems that holding rank anywhere, if you’re playing a lot, requires at least a bit over 50%.

yeah, you know, 50:50 winchance is a myth. it takes just one troll, thrower or smurf to make it a 90:10.

Shake weight is very popular amongst men, especially teens to young adults.

Anyways Arm Stamina?! I’ve literally played hours 8 hour stretches and never once did I feel my arms tired, imo physical toll is not what gets me, it’s the emotional toll from queueing alone, getting those game where you have to somehow carry to win over and over and failing to carry. Especially queueing alone while in the deepest pits of Elo Hell It hurts the soul.

that’s more PBSR at work than anything else, though. You can have a 50/50 w/l in gold and be gaining SR, or the same w/l and be losing SR, depending on your personal performance compared to the average player of that hero at your SR.

It doesn’t aim for 50% win rate, it’s just that people happen to end up there in the long run when they’re at the rank they belong because the matchmaker is working as intended. It gives you games designed to push your SR towards your MMR. You don’t like the rank you’re at? Put out more APM. Losing 10 games in a row is the matchmakers way of telling you that you are underperforming for your rank and it’s pushing you to where you belong. Sometimes it pushes you too low and that’s when you get a win streak.

1 Like

Are you actually tracking your matches with like an excel sheet or something? The only way to support your argument is to know what’s happening over a large number of matches.

Uh yeah, it kind of does. It places you in matches where you have between a 40-60% chance of winning that match. With that sort of nudging, over time you will naturally progress towards a 50% win rate, just based on statistics.

1 Like

you can use sites like overbuff if you have a public profile

Eager to hear your explanation as to how I’ve climbed from bronze to mid plat multiple times with 0-2 losses on the way if it aims for 50%.

It tries to nudge your SR towards your MMR. Being at 50% is just a byproduct. It’s what happens in the long run when you are where you belong.

Because aiming for a 50% winrate isn’t the same thing as ensuring a 50% win rate.

I assure you it doesn’t look at your win rate whatsoever.

It looks at your MMR, which is determined by your APM (performance variables it looks at) compared to your SR. MMR above SR? Good teammates and bad opponents. MMR below SR? Bad teammates and good opponents.