Aimbotters/hackers are ruining the game

It does not work though, every form of punishment is being worked around. Thats why if you look up OW accounts u will see them selling tons of level 25 accounts without any comp stats.

Only way to make cheating less is to globaly make developing and or distributing cheats/hacks punishable by guillotine, not using it though. And while they are at it do the same for drug dealers and producers.

Like youtube some interviews of the cheat developers and they will most likely tell you they wanted to be a developer for games etc but the cheat industry payout is just extreme.

Yes, thatā€™s subjective cheat reporting my dude. Thatā€™s literally EVERYONE who reports someone. Some are better then others. The baselines and criteria we use are all different, but also why talking about such behavior and pointing out identifiable things is very important.

The absolute best version of anti-cheat, which currently doesnā€™t exist is behavioral analysis. Where you look for behavior cheaters exhibit and then analyze the prevalence of such behavior. There was a psychologist who started working on this in the early 00s. It was called Hackcam, it was bought by a third party and buried (google if you wish). The idea can still be done, but takes an incredible of skill, datapoints, and analysis to figure it out.

This is different then current hard methods of anti-cheat which looks for signatures of cheats and their injection methods, whether they try to change coding in the game.

The thing is, while you can always find new ways to hide the way cheats work in code, the behavior that the fleshy human meatbag exhibits while controlling it is what gives it away. You are the weakest link, as you are trying to infer about me. That goes for both people who cheat and those that are trying to find those that cheat.

Yup, we havenā€™t even started discussing different types of aimbots for instance. Crude ones that will hard lock to your chest or head when within a certain distance to the player (sounds like a flick right?). Or softer ones that will draw your aim to the player before hard locking to them with magnetism, they function much the same way aim assist does for a controller.

If you can fool entire generation of console players into thinking theyā€™re skilled because they misconstrue aim assist for their own actual skill, you can fool everyone watching it.

they arent gonna do anything i feel like maybe they should just scrap this game and call it a failed project sp tehy can focus on the wow garbage and other activision garbage at teh rate things are going they will move to the #1 spot on the list of worst game companies

If you look at those account selling websites and compare it to the active playerbase of Overwatch, itā€™s not so impressive. Letā€™s assume none of them are scams. How are those sites going to support hundreds of thousands of cheaters?

Not everyone needs to buy a hacked account? You can literally make a new account or use a old one and start cheating at any point. A single method isnā€™t the only method.

There isnā€™t just one ā€˜overlordā€™ cheat developer either. There are tons of them, I described multiple different avenues they exist in earlier. A industry isnā€™t made up of one player.

1 Like

Can u glow even harder? About to grab my sunglasses lol. Such a odd response as it seems more of a attempt to downplay part of the problem then to add anything positive/constructive to the discussion.

2 Likes

This is the thing, even while being so obvious itā€™s not definitive proof, so why would he try and hide things? I gave some examples earlier of just that. Itā€™s not definitive proof even if you have circumstantial evidence and as such there will always be people that will be ā€˜like nah, he just plays games 24/7 and ur badā€™.

His name wasnā€™t Uncertainty by any chance, was it?

A lot of folks are getting confused on the badly coded shooter first priority. The aim system is a mess right now and they are aware. I am sure plenty of us are experiencing the same issues at the launch of OW. RH chains you through a wall, Pharah DFA hitting you with no angle to do so, and etc. I just rewatch matches and even see projectiles going through players with no damage being done. Its bad very bad right now.

they dotn care its a bad mess why do you think hardly anytihng has been done about how crap the game is maybe they should jsut scrap it and focus on wow which is the onyl thing they care about

1 Like

Well they pushed to release the expansion Dragon Flights early and the WoW forums are not happy either. M+ folks are getting their pitchforks out. Blizzard is just not the company it was 10 years ago.

Thatā€™s none of what I described or issues Iā€™m looking at. Maybe other people think getting hit by a Rein charge through a wall because of damage proliferation is a cheat?

No reg is itā€™s own issue and there are other threads talking about that right now. There are cheats that can manipulate net code to do things like that, however I donā€™t think thatā€™s whatā€™s going on right now. This used to be a popular cheat back in the CSS days, where you mess with tic rates and artificial latency, to manipulate the net code.

1 Like

Do not think you directed that to me but Net Code can be bad in most FPS games. My squad and I won Invitational league for BF42, and I know bad net code when I see it. This issue is on Blizzard, it happened at the release of the game because of shooter first priority. Kaplan tried to play it down until video after video showed players being hog tied through wall after wall.

I donā€™t deny that there are egregious cheaters out there, paying for custom cheats and buying new accounts willy nilly, ruining the games they play in. It can be done and itā€™s been recorded. The question is whether this is a rare occurrence or if the game is in fact ā€œoverrunā€ with cheaters. I personally have been playing this game for six years, and I honestly donā€™t remember one time Iā€™ve seen a clearcut game-ruining cheater firsthand. If I have, it must have been only a handful of times and Iā€™ve forgotten about it. Iā€™m sure there have been subtle cheaters Iā€™ve missed in that time because Iā€™m not looking. But I know from experience that where there are cheaters, there are people who make no effort to hide it and just enjoy wrecking a game. Itā€™s the absence of that type of cheater that leads me to think the problem is overblown.

So no, when someone comes along claiming that there are cheaters in a third of their games, I donā€™t believe that, not even close. Iā€™ve already offered a much more plausible theory of how people came to that conclusion. Confirmation bias is an insidious thing.

Mate they once took the data of banned Global elites in CSGO and found 10%+ of that rank where punished cheatersā€¦ And we are talking about KNOWN cheaters, that would mean in the highest rank in CSGO its very likely atleast 1 player is cheating per match.
Or ask any south Korean how many cheaters there are and how they grow in numbers (there is no real punishment and then it comes down to just a moral compas)

See I can believe that the people playing at the absolute peak of the game are disproportionately likely to be cheaters. Maybe Top 500 is full of them too, I donā€™t know. But in this thread people are claiming they are everywhere in gold/plat.

I was pointing out that the thread is discussing cheat, not the net code problems the games having - there are other threads for that. When youā€™re looking at the behavior cheaters are exhibiting, that has nothing to do with net code, like preaiming through walls.

Itā€™s even worse in China, where I said there are marketplaces you can easily find cheats for game in. The reason they VPN often to west coast servers is because theirs are absolutely inundated with cheating. Itā€™s part of their lifestyle and culture. Itā€™s actually seen as a good quality, because people are willing to do whatever they need to in order to become successful. Very much the ends justify the means.

Why do you think people who cheat would only be realllly good? You can be skilled and a good player AND cheat or you can just be a casual and cheat. They all arenā€™t the same.

People cheat at real life sports, itā€™s called doping. People cheat at chess (thatā€™s a big thing right now). People cheat on their taxes. People cheat while waiting in lines. People brown nose to get a better position at work. Cheating is part of life. Thatā€™s why I was talking about the adolescent mindset surrounding gaming.

blizzard could stop them by banning them at a hardware level

Top 500 is indeed full of them lol, the top 1 DPS last season reached such a high rank number he holds a record, but he was cheating hard and not even hiding it while promoting his own cheatsā€¦

He was not banned for 4+ weeks.

The issue with cheating these days is and what u seemingly do not grasp is cheats today are focused on looking organic as hitting all your shots getting to GM in a day also makes u stick out stat wise resulting in a ban.

Also cheats can not compensate for bad gamesense.

1 Like

if i had the power i would of banned someone like that and make sure they could never return