Aimbotters/hackers are ruining the game

seriously the game hasnt even been out a month and Overwatch 2 is already being overran with people who use aimbot and or straight up hacking something needs to be done before the game is completely ruined

43 Likes

Need replay code for example.

6 Likes

It’s much more likely the matchmakers fault for putting players together who are on totally different skill levels.

14 Likes

im ot the only one seeing it others have as well…the aimbotters dont care that they are hackign till they get the banned message

6 Likes

Need replay code for example. I’m not saying there aren’t any hackers, I’ve seen plenty, in OW1 and OW2.

5 Likes

ive reported them and even submitted a code to blizzard nothing seems to have been done

1 Like

I have seen a lot of players call others cheaters and basically every time the other players where just much better. I have seen 2 players in 5 years where I am 99% sure they were cheating.

8 Likes

normally the SMS protection was supposed to remedy that since you had to put your mobile linked to your account, if you then get banned you have to get a new game and a new phone number
as for the hacks, its not hard since OW2 is just a OW1 overhaul, it basically used the same unchanged code source

2 Likes

I think that is the issue. I just had a match where the bap was out dpsing our dps and still putting out great heals. Obviously was higher than the whole lobby.

5 Likes

Most likely this, unranked matchmaking MMR is either still turned off from beta or just broken. Considering its taking them so long just to fix a simple glitch with bastion, wouldn’t be surprised with either one.

4 Likes

(52) I spectated the DUMBEST Overwatch 2 Cheater Ever!!! - YouTube

edit: for clarification, just because people will only watch the first 10 seconds then stop watching. the further into the video you go, it becomes proven beyond any doubt that this person uses a wallhack and an aimbot toggle.

4 Likes

If I read correctly this still is the case … they just disabled SMS protection for already existing accounts or when players bought the OW2 pack.

2 Likes

Didn’t say cheaters don’t exist, but it’s much rare than most players think. I see players cry cheater to enemy dps and when I fight them they are just good and sometimes not even that.

4 Likes

Either way it doesn’t do anything to prevent the flood of aimbots since the game turned free. Literally just need a talkatone number, which is free, and a new account, which is also free.

The only thing the cheaters are paying for is their aimbots. They will just keep making new accounts.

Blizzard needs to start doing hardware bans. I get why they didn’t before because they got to sell multiple copies of the game to the cheaters, but it’s free now, so hardware ban.

4 Likes

You usually get a message in-game the next time you launch about how a user you reported has been delt with. I have reported and seen it many times for misconduct and toxicity. I also have reported a few cheaters myself where the very next time I played, have gotten a notice about a report.

In the past 3 years of playing this game though, I have only reported maybe 4-5 players for really really suspicious aim behavior where I was 95% sure they had some sort of assistance. Adding replay codes to the report are helpful. Blizzard does do something about these users. Unless you are constantly queuing up against the same player that is cheating, its highly unlikely that a cheating report with a replay code is going to go unnoticed.

With the new SMS requirement for players to play OW2, it should make it less frequent for players to continue to get away with cheating as much.

On another note. To the untrained eye, a skilled player can be accused of cheating. Kill cams in-game are not a good reference for just assuming someone is cheating unless its absolutely apparent they are. I for one, have been accused of cheating on a games where I was playing really well. So don’t be one of those players who is tilted and just assume a good player is “cheating” because they preemptively lead shots and have situational awareness where they are half a step ahead of your next move.

2 Likes

they exist but blizzard cant ban them fast enough if blizzard had botht he hacking player and the person who makes the software arrested this stuff likely would end fast

I’ve seen less aimbots and more wallhacks and/or triggerbots

A lot of people in this game have never played another FPS so when they see someone hacking, they just think they’re good. When you spend years playing other FPS titles with and without hacks, you know what to spot. A person cheating can tweak it as much as they want but someone who has experience in playing with hacks can spot it pretty easily. Then you have the super obvious rage hackers who a lot of people think are the only way to tell if someone is hacking or not.

4 Likes

The game doesn’t feel very ruined to me. I’m curious, what’s your rank? Surely the aimbotters would be playing at Masters or higher, right? Oddly I don’t hear many people at those ranks complaining about it.

3 Likes