Aim is only a tiny part

The only no aim heroes who truly require any skill to play are Winston and Reinhardt. All the rest: Symmetra, Moira and Brig are easy mode.

Oh look its another thread about Mercy without directly stating Mercy

I mean it was a joke but that’s fine lmao

Game awareness is a thing. Look at all the hero dps players that trickle in after dying just to die again. They might have aim, but they lack any game sense.

A good mercy needs it. I don’t take away anything from a support that knows what they are doing.

With brig, yes,

The aim is as important as Gamesens and ult tracking.
Just because you can only play mercy, who btw. needs no aim what so ever, does not mean aim is not important.
I would say the aim is way more important than knowing where to stand.
Someone who knows where to stand but cant hit anything is why more useless than someone you need to have a close look on but who hitts stuff.
So no Aim is not a tiny part its round about 50%.

1 Like

Footsie battle is one of the biggest skill you need to master (which is dependent on some other skills)

Let me add a few things that people who believe the “skill = aim” won’t like:

Aim is LITERALLY the aspect of skill in overwatch with the LOWEST REQUIREMENT OF INTELLIGENCE. You can be the most stupid person on the planet, yet you have still a good chance to improve your aim with time, because it has the most obvious feedback loop imaginable. Aim is only hard because it takes a lot of time. Kinda like grinding in vanilla WoW. It’s not hard… but takes forever…

Furthermore, aim intensive heroes get an advantage after a certain point. Why? Because their efficiency is not adjusted for their maximum impact possible, but more towards its median. So, bob playing widow won’t need to be that smart with positioning and gamesense anymore, because the skill of aim acquired through braindead grinding will help him overcome his other mistakes. If you play widow, your bad positioning won’t matter as much if you just get a headshot through immediately.

Note: I’m a zen main (this acc) with a 2nd acc playing mostly widow. I’m not saying we should ignore aim. But, we should be a little more humble about all the other aspects, because they’re MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to improve upon. Why? Because there is no easy feedback loop. There are hundreds of variables, and we might start to believe things to be good, even if they’re in truth stupid.