Aim assist on crossplay

it’s literally not. Considering for said controller player they still have to provide input to the control stick in the correct direction to have the aim assistance follow the target. The game doesn’t “aim for you” unless you play call of duty black ops 1 or 2, where the aim assist is literally so broken that it follows enemies you can’t see who are behind walls. Aim assist design is a skill, and if you like Blizzard’s games then you obviously believe in their ability to game-design. Am I right? So, are not they capable of designing a tasteful aim assist? Why create crossplay if no one is going to use it?

I’d like to have the option to disable cross-play on PC to begin with.

2 Likes

aimbots aren’t “aim correcting” software. Aimbots “aim for you” they don’t correct what you do. With most aimbots the user just presses a button and then the cursor in the game snaps as a response to any viable target as designated viable by the program. Aim assist aims with you, not for you, no instead of you, not without you. Aim assist is technically not software, it is a integral part of the program it is built into–the videogame is the software; thus the aim assist is simply an “asset” or design feature.

Until they allow PC players to disable crossplay, I would prefer PC players not queue with people on console. The match making already sucks, dont throw yet another monkey wrench into it.

2 Likes

Honestly you talk the most sense out of everyone. Personally, I think aim assist should be based on your input device regardless of platform. Using a controller? Get aim assist. Using a mouse and keyboard? No aim assist. Then just make it against the rules to intentionally hide/disguise the input device being used. I’m not that techy so idk how that could be implemented, but it seems the most fair approach to me.

I’m really stumped that some PC players think aim assist is a ‘unfair advantage’… aim assist is not at aimbot! Believe me I’d be playing hitscan a heck of a lot more if it was…

1 Like

In some games, aim assist is a massive advantage, so much that even PC players use a controller. So people are just weary of having it mixed in at all.

2 Likes