Aight Mercy Players, Would you rather

To be fair, as a mercy player I love someone who is good as Ashe.

1 Like

Can someone explain to me why a lot of mercy mains want this? I donā€™t play her so I donā€™t really get it because it doesnā€™t really seem that useful since a lot of mercys donā€™t use their gun very much. The 55 HPS seems like the better option to me

Itā€™s very frustrating to be jumped by someone and be killed before you can even switch. But more importantly itā€™s annoying to see someone who is literally 1 shot getting away before you can even whip out your glock. It would feel nice to have at least some damage potential when alone.
The switch time really is clunky

Not really a mercy player, as she is actually the only healer I donā€™t play. But, since having more than 30 mercy mains on my friendlist, I made some suggestions and asked them to look at it. This is the final result.

• Valkyrie move to ability 2, duration reduced to 6s, cd 17s starting after it ends.

• Ressurection move to ultimate, have 2 charges (max 200% ult charge), 0.2s cast time no self-slow, still single target. Ult charge requirement: 1050. Start game w/ 1 charge.

It fits the identity of a main healer, and mainhealerā€™s ability 2 being the dmg/heal burst utility ability.

4 Likes

Umm I dont see any issue with all of the first 3 being implemented. Number 4 for me would really depend on what the change is. Iā€™m a big advocate for putting Rez in Valk and changing her E to something she can use more properly mid fight

2 Likes

I choose

1. Allow me to have both versions of Guardian Angel at the same time

or

1. Allow me to have two different sensitivity options for the pistol and staff

Okay as far as your 4 suggestions Iā€™d go for either 1, 2, or perhaps 3.

1 or 2 most likely

1 Like

None of those changes will fix her. She doesnā€™t need her healing buffed or nerfed. What she needs is a mechanic that the PLAYER uses to increase her healing output for when itā€™s needed. A healing boost ability, preferably connected to a mechanic that involves skill usage instead of a simple cooldown.

I mean, I could go into detail of how that would be achieved, but whatā€™s the point? They donā€™t listen. They arenā€™t interested in good design because they know that most people donā€™t have a head for it. You think good design is just changing a healing value. It isnā€™t.

Absolutely this one!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll listen to you, unlike the fact you didnā€™t listen to me in this post titled would you rather not what do you want. :wink: go ahead though

Yes, I was fully aware that you created that constraint, but I am not such a simplistic person. I donā€™t just look at a menu and point. I know the ACTUAL issues in her kit, and none of your solutions solve it.

I wasnā€™t addressing the issues? It was mostly just a would you rather?
Why so negative man :unamused:

I gonna seduce you a bit :grin:
https://youtu.be/g4CybfriE4s

as much as i would love weapon switch to be faster bc it would feel so nice, i think the other 3 are all more important

personally, i donā€™t care where her power is put. she just needs to have enough to be a primary target

sheā€™s confusing right now. sheā€™s designed to be an escape artist and most of her skill is in improving your movement and positioning and making sure you are safeā€¦

but when it comes down to it, sheā€™s too weak to need it. if you run into a mercy and a dps, why shoot mercy with all her skill in dodging and fleeing and being skinny when you can more easily damage through the 50 hps on the other guy? then you have a lone mercy, who can at best take out her pistol, finish you, and rez. but if you have any survival abilities or backup she is forced to flee or be killed. if you have someone camp around the corner from the dps you killed, you could get a free kill on the mercy trying a rez later. you donā€™t have to ā€œfocus the mercy,ā€ even taking damage boost into account it is rare for you to have an easier time killing her and then the dps

which is. weird. supports should be the natural priority. and like. it doesnā€™t make sense with her kit to not be a priority. probably the best and most versatile movements and she doesnā€™t need it. hell, people who complain sheā€™s too easy to give her more value-- her skill is in escaping and movement and position, and you give her enough power to be focused down, she will be more easily and frequently punished for errors. itā€™s a unique place sheā€™s in where you could probably buff her a bit and at least partially make her more difficult to play against a competent team.

but yeah, any one of the last 3 would help.

raise healing so you do more than just watch as your team dies and then they come for you last because they knew it didnā€™t matter that you were alive

give her an ult worth tracking. valk is currently. itā€™s alright and can be fun and itā€™s definitely not a Useless ult but no one really cares when mercy has it. you donā€™t hear ā€œkill the mercy, she has ultā€ or anything like that. if she had an impactful ult, it would help her be focused enough to justify her movement

and if rez wasā€¦ less trackable, that would also give her more of a threat. i like how risky it is now, but once she uses it the enemy has 30 seconds of not even caring about you. ā€œmercy rezzed.ā€ you have nothing of impact left. i know we all hate the words ā€œmultiple chargesā€ when it comes to rez, but if she had say, a 45 second cooldown and 2 charges of rez (none of the valk reset stuff), it would become a lot harder to track the ability and thus she could stay at the same power elsewhere and remain a threat. or i guess someone mentioned a resource meter, that could work too i guess. it just needs to be less of a ā€œthey used rez, we donā€™t need to worry about mercy for the next half a minuteā€

1 Like

Iā€™d rather have something that feels impactful, but it doesnā€™t have to be.

Some good ideas here. I think 2 charges on res could definitely work with a 40-45 second cool down each.

Iā€™d actually prefer some other ability that maybe can either heal an ally OR damage (similar to Anaā€™s primary). Not sure on the numbers of either, but, enough to actually be helpful, on an appropriately long cooldown (10 seconds, 12 seconds, more?).

I really donā€™t think this would make as much difference as people think it would. Iā€™m okay with 50, especially with the above change.

Iā€™m okay either way on this. I donā€™t mind Valk as it is, but shorter and more powerful would be okay too.

I think rez should work on a resource meter (that DOESNā€™T reset upon death, or it just turns into a game of hunt the Mercy). Make it so it must be earned, but since you have to earn it now, either reduce the cast time or at least give Mercy damage resistance/boop resistance something to actually make it more reasonable to pull off when you most need it.

2 Likes

Iā€™d prefer the hps raise to 55.

Making Valk more impactful would be nice too though it really depends on how they do it. Higher damage boost percentage? Much higher hps? Is Valk really what needs changing, since main healers are traditionally supposed to have underwhelming ults? So many questions.

1. Have my beam not disconnect when I use Valk because its stupid that I have to choose between my Target dying or Not using valk
3 Likes

Personally Iā€™d rather either number 2 or 3. Number one would be helpful but I havenā€™t found many situations personally where I run into problems with weapon switching.

Overall my preference would be either making Valkyrie be more impactful for a short duration or even changing how it works all together. Iā€™ve never been much of a fan of it as an ultimate albeit helpful and somewhat versatile in what you can do.

Although using it to zoom on over and take care of a problem Widow/Pharah when otherā€™s are busy has been a tasty experience I will admit.

Valk uses both beams at the same time. I get it lessens her decision making and all, but itā€™s a damned ultimate, it might as well be useful for more than her own survivalbility.