After some consideration, Ball nerf is not that bad

To be fair, you haven’t proven anything by saying that. Rank only proves your skill in playing the game, not how relevant zarya and soldier rocket jump would be to the game. It doesn’t even make a guarantee that you play zarya or soldier.

1 Like

Would love this. This is really my only complaint, it’s pretty lame having to go through the reload animation fully before you can change forms. Not sure he really needs any of the other stuff

1 Like

I think it’s pretty likely Ball will get some kind of change soon. There have been several actually good suggestions that reduce/remove spin2win without changing too much else about him such as

• Only count 6s after being on combat (probably take damage after the grapple’s up)
  • Only count 6s after gaining full speed
  • Add a visual timer like nearly every other timed ability does
1 Like

Yet you are upset a mechanic that only worked in low ranks was removed

While Naph definitely isn’t providing anything productive to the conversation and is being rude, it’s true that this changes more than just Spin2win. There have been some suggestions like

• Only count 6s after being on combat (probably take damage after the grapple’s up)
  • Only count 6s after gaining full speed

To reduce/remove spin2win as intended without effecting other strategies Ball can use. This change does not only effect low ranks due to effects it has outside of Spin2win

4 Likes

Not true. Here is the link again since you seem to have missed it:

To repeat:

The point to character tech is to maximize said character’s abilities and squeeze every last bit of value you can get. Rocket jump allows characters like Zarya and Soldier to climb up on ledges or higher ground that would normally take much more time or be flat out impossible, thus providing various advantages.

Another example is Pharah’s Rocket Jump + Concussion tech, which is so important to mastering her base kit and getting fast altitude that I once watched someone who hoped to try out for a pro OW team get instantly rejected because he failed to do the tech properly.

If you actually want to get good at the game, character tech is essential to learn.

Naph is absolutely correct, though. And really, you’re the last person to try to call someone out for rudeness. You have a habit of being fake civil, and then start making ad hominems the moment someone starts to disprove your points.

4 Likes

Naph is not correct in saying

But I don’t disagree with the link he posted. This Ball change effects more than just Spin2win.

Your reply to Holloh was polite. Naph’s reply to Mikey wasn’t.

Here’s another example of Naph making elitist comments in another thread…

He is, though. Only low rank players would question if Soldier/Zarya rocket jumps actually add anything to the game.

He was still correct. It’s hard to argue with people who don’t understand the game but are still confidently incorrect.

His response was completely justified.

3 Likes

Again, your reply was polite. Naph’s wasn’t. It was rude.

Mikey said nothing to warrant Naph’s rude reply to him…but ok. Naph wasn’t even involved in the conversation at that point and Mikey was being perfectly polite. Imo that’s some toxic thinking that Naph was justified in his comment. Naph could have been polite like you were, but chose not to be.

Again, he was completely on teh money.

No, his response to Mikey was spot on. Mikey asked a question, got an answer, and then tried to double down on his argument with a statement that exposed how little he knows about the game.

If anything, you claiming that Naph “isn’t providing anything productive to the conversation” is, at the very least, just as rude as anything you’re claiming he said.

4 Likes

Well I mean yeah, but I wasn’t talking to you lol. I don’t mean that in a rude way, but my goal was to point out the other guys illogical way of “winning” an argument.

I don’t think you can call that trying to “win” an argument. If anything, Mikey gave no indication that he even was willing to even have his mind changed.

His last post, which Naph replied to, was doubling down on his position as a statement of (incorrect) fact. This was after I had already explained to Mikey why he was wrong.

At that point, Naph was 100% justified.

I dont see how “tell me you are low rank without telling me you are low rank” is a good argument.

“idk if any of those things helped the team accomplish anything though”
+
“Removing Zarya and soldier’s rocket jump would have zero effect on a game”

Also putting those two quotes together mean nothing. The first quote doesn’t even state that it knows if it helped and the second one states that it has zero effect. What purpose is the point of stating an “I don’t know” with the zero Effect, it doesn’t prove anything.

1 Like

Like I said, pretty sure it wasn’t meant to be an “argument”. If anything, if he hadn’t said it, I would, because I was pretty much done wasting my time on that discussion.

The point is just that Mikey wasn’t getting it and was refusing to get it. Thus, at that point, it was probably better off to just move on.

1 Like

It’s a nice feeling when you throw a stick of dynamite into a thread and come back an hour later and people are still arguing about it lol :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

man
talk about a useless buff for ball :cry:

Whatever you say. I think the forums are better when people remain polite. Naph’s comment was very elitist.

So you think Naph was justified in being rude & elitist? Idk, you do you I guess.

At that point all Naph had done was make a snarky elitist comment towards Mikey… nothing I said was rude. Naph on the other hand…

Mikey did absolutely nothing for Naph to be rude to him. You’re just wrong dude. But whatever, like I said, you do you :+1:

Yea… Mikey did nothing to warrant the comment he got from Naph… not sure why Hausos is defending him for that. There are better ways to tell someone they’re not wrong. I think Mikey was wrong, Soldier & Zarya jumps are useful, but there’s a better way to go about it.

1 Like

Again, that’s awfully convenient. I’ve seen how quickly you start to shame people when they disagree with you, and flat out tell other people to ignore them because they said something you think doesn’t make sense.

Mmhm. And now we get to the problem with this argument.

Like I said, it’s ridiculous to be quick pointing fingers at other people while ignoring one’s own rudeness.

2 Likes

Saying Naph was being rude for making an elitist comment toward someone who was not talking to him is not rude. You’re making some big leaps here. Best of luck to you :beers: