After some consideration, Ball nerf is not that bad

Still can stall payload/points effectively.
However, it is time to give Ball some love, devs. Reduce reload time for his guns, or let them not be interrupted when going from Ball to Hamster mode and back.
His Ult could get some love, have the mines activate quicker.
You could also reduce the cooldown on his hook, so that he gets faster into the action.
You could also nerf his counters, because they are ridiculous at this point.

7 Likes

I really couldn’t give less of a damn about stalling or spinning on points.

I’m more upset that they removed a lot of other cool tech that required remaining grappled for more than six seconds.

17 Likes

His shield nerf was not that bad.
His spawn grapple nerf was not that bad.
His knock back nerf was not that bad.

And he’ll continue to get nerfs to his gun and piledriver damage that are not that bad.

Until he’ll be unable to grapple or change into a Wrecking ball (that’s in the name) and basically become a worst Orisa.

But yeah. Taken separately, every nerf aren’t that bad.

11 Likes

could you list some examples?

6 Likes

idk if any of those things helped the team accomplish anything though

…What.

The whole point to tech is to help you maximize your character’s abilities. Every single thing that gives you the slightest edge by definition “helps” your team.

This is like asking “Yeah sure, Soldier and Zarya can rocket jump, but how does that help the team?!”

9 Likes

Removing Zarya and soldier’s rocket jump would have zero effect on a game

1 Like

Removing Zarya and soldier’s rocket jump would have zero effect on a game

tell me you are low rank without telling me you are low rank

9 Likes

Yeah, I don’t even think I need to reply any further.

Their posts speak for themselves.

3 Likes

To be fair, you haven’t proven anything by saying that. Rank only proves your skill in playing the game, not how relevant zarya and soldier rocket jump would be to the game. It doesn’t even make a guarantee that you play zarya or soldier.

1 Like

Would love this. This is really my only complaint, it’s pretty lame having to go through the reload animation fully before you can change forms. Not sure he really needs any of the other stuff

1 Like

I think it’s pretty likely Ball will get some kind of change soon. There have been several actually good suggestions that reduce/remove spin2win without changing too much else about him such as

• Only count 6s after being on combat (probably take damage after the grapple’s up)
  • Only count 6s after gaining full speed
  • Add a visual timer like nearly every other timed ability does
1 Like

Yet you are upset a mechanic that only worked in low ranks was removed

While Naph definitely isn’t providing anything productive to the conversation and is being rude, it’s true that this changes more than just Spin2win. There have been some suggestions like

• Only count 6s after being on combat (probably take damage after the grapple’s up)
  • Only count 6s after gaining full speed

To reduce/remove spin2win as intended without effecting other strategies Ball can use. This change does not only effect low ranks due to effects it has outside of Spin2win

4 Likes

Not true. Here is the link again since you seem to have missed it:

To repeat:

The point to character tech is to maximize said character’s abilities and squeeze every last bit of value you can get. Rocket jump allows characters like Zarya and Soldier to climb up on ledges or higher ground that would normally take much more time or be flat out impossible, thus providing various advantages.

Another example is Pharah’s Rocket Jump + Concussion tech, which is so important to mastering her base kit and getting fast altitude that I once watched someone who hoped to try out for a pro OW team get instantly rejected because he failed to do the tech properly.

If you actually want to get good at the game, character tech is essential to learn.

Naph is absolutely correct, though. And really, you’re the last person to try to call someone out for rudeness. You have a habit of being fake civil, and then start making ad hominems the moment someone starts to disprove your points.

4 Likes

Naph is not correct in saying

But I don’t disagree with the link he posted. This Ball change effects more than just Spin2win.

Your reply to Holloh was polite. Naph’s reply to Mikey wasn’t.

Here’s another example of Naph making elitist comments in another thread…

He is, though. Only low rank players would question if Soldier/Zarya rocket jumps actually add anything to the game.

He was still correct. It’s hard to argue with people who don’t understand the game but are still confidently incorrect.

His response was completely justified.

3 Likes

Again, your reply was polite. Naph’s wasn’t. It was rude.

Mikey said nothing to warrant Naph’s rude reply to him…but ok. Naph wasn’t even involved in the conversation at that point and Mikey was being perfectly polite. Imo that’s some toxic thinking that Naph was justified in his comment. Naph could have been polite like you were, but chose not to be.