After Reading the Brigette Hate I've Decided

The people who have a problem with her, are the people who don’t want to have to build a decent team composition or coordinate.

I think just about every Main I’ve seen complaining has been a lone-wolf hero (Roadhog, Genji, Mei, Tracer) or one-trick Genji / Tracer who can’t easily obliterate a back-line un-contested anymore.

Like, she literally has an effective range of 6 meters. Any ranged DPS shouldn’t have a problem, and any build around Brig wouldn’t be any more difficult than it already would have been with someone else. And I would argue that even on payload pushes, a Bastion would be harder to eliminate than a Brig with proper shields.

Want to counter a Brig? Use a Pharah / Mercy. Or Junkrat. Or Bastion. Or Soldier. Or Widow. Or Hanzo. Or Orisa. Or literally anyone that doesn’t have to stand in her face to kill her.

Is she annoying at close range? Yes. Is she the end of the game or it’s community? Not even close. Learn how to play more than one hero, and you will be fine.

77 Likes

TD;LR Get good! Lol shhhhh don’t tell them pharah counters brig. Let me climb first. xD

24 Likes

Bro I play all heros NO WAY ANY MOBILE HERO SHOULD HAVE A SHIELD EQUAL TO A TANK 600hp! … on mid gold she just walks and smashes all alone in the frontline… 2 magazines of Zen is not enough to kill her , … IN FACT I LL DO 10 HOURS RIGHT NOW ON HER take her to COMP and get FREE 600SR … like i did with MERCY 2.0

15 Likes

I’m not even saying Get Good. I’m saying play with your team.

It’s been far too long that the community has been able to one-trick largely un-countered. Now that that’s slightly more difficult, the community can’t handle not being able to just smack a back line around anymore when Winston is pushing.

Like seriously, this community has gotten WAY too comfortable lone-wolfing and hijacking games with selfish game play. I’m hoping this directly affects the amount of Genji / Tracer / Sombra one-tricks.

That’s three Pharah rocks, or three Junk nades. Or three Rein hammers.

Like, any mediocre focus destroys her shield, not to mention that it doesn’t even completely cover her. That’s NOT considering that she has an effective range of 6 meters.

Stop complaining and learn to play with your team. This is a team game after all.

17 Likes

I just want this game to actually be a team game. And I agree with you on the lone wolf part. I was being silly with “git good”. The rare occasion that people work with each other and use critical thinking when picking and countering depending on maps and not be selfish. Those are the most enjoyable moments for me personally.

19 Likes

Because this is the way the game is supposed to be played. It’s a TEAM GAME and Blizzard has allowed the breeding of one-trick and selfish culture that can’t handle being countered.

I get it, she’s annoying. But work with your team for once, and you won’t have a problem with her.

10 Likes

I hate brigitte and I don’t play lone wolf heroes.

12 Likes

Then your team sucks, and isn’t effectively playing together or you have misplaced hatred towards a hero that largely doesn’t affect you.

6 Likes

she is just another braindead support which is what i did not want as a support main after they already released moira

16 Likes

Dont worry AND I STOPED COMPLAINING … I allready main her …on my main acc … lets meet in comp against each other and see if u are right

ILL STEAL 500SR AGAIN like i did with Mercy 2.0 no problem

1 Like

you realize at high tiers of play she renders every dps but junkrat useless, and makes main tank play impossible?

21 Likes

No you’re not. You have a whopping two minutes on her in QP.

Cut it out and come back when you don’t type like a middle school-er on a SideKick.

No she doesn’t. She is annoying at close range. That what it boils down to. There are plenty of comps at high tiers that can counter her, but since it’s not fun to watch, nobody does it and then comes to the forums to say “BUT THE YOUTUBERS SAID…”

Orisa + Any ranged DPS shouldn’t have a problem.

6 Likes

okay cool. name them.

1 Like

I HAVE 3 ACCOUNTS and of course I dont write here from my main acount dont worry about me … Im a happy man now goodby

Pharah / Mercy.

Any Ranged DPS + Orisa.

Orisa.

Literally any Ranged DPS.

Literally anyone that doesn’t require existing within 6m of her.

7 Likes

okay so this is wrong. they run a brigette with dva and a widow. they throw the dva ath the pharmercy while simotainiously snipping the widow, the widow cant be dove because the brigette.

orisa will be countered by the widow as mentioned, on top of the Brigitte waiting out fortify bashing and demolishing her with her team.

she has a shield, and a barrier tank to negate all range dps.

again, shields.

12 Likes

You haven’t “decided”, you just formed your opinion, thank you.

I play supports 95% of the time, and I absolutely dislike Brigitte, be it on my team or the opposite one. On my team, because some people (still) seem to be thinking she’s a viable healer, while it’s not necessarily true in many situations, and on the other team because “picking a ranged hero” doesn’t work against her as well. Destroy her shield with a Junkrat/Pharah/Bastion-> she hides behind Reinhardt/Orisa -> destroy one’s shield, the other one puts their shield/barrier up -> destroy the last one, Brigitte gets her shield back in that time -> repeat infinitely. And yes, you can focus solely on destroying these shields over and over, but try to accomplish anything objective-wise. Because “keeping the distance” works perfectly on paper, but try to get to that payload or control point while keeping the distance from it (good luck!).
Even this “6m range” isn’t true, because her whip shot can just smack you from much further, so neither your supports staying in the back aren’t completely safe from her, nor this Widowmaker sniping from afar, DPS staying in moderately long range on a ledge, etc. Plus, you’re saying like she never moves and is just a stationary target.

And just a side note, your answers to some of the posts here are borderline toxic, maybe you should take this under consideration.

17 Likes

This is a dumb post.

Brigitte is way too overturned and she counters pretty much every single tank.

She’s way more impactful than most heroes, and she’s way easier to use.

People complained about Genji and Tracer, but to be honest, at least people needed fingers to play those.

15 Likes

Seriously, I was smacking the crap out of her as Reinhardt yesterday. She’s not some invincible god.

10 Likes

People don’t want to have to adapt. She isn’t some game-killing hero, players are jumping the gun and complaining because they’ve been too comfortable not needing to play with their team.

Shes a sub-par healer that has the ability to counter close-range dive DPS, and create a bit of space. She’s a hybrid support / shield that can pretty much immediately get countered by a decent non-selfish team comp.

Okay, this is literally with anyone though. The Rein / Orisa combo is literally the same, and if Brig is sitting behind them, what’s she accomplishing? It’s a mute point.

Its the same argument the guy above is using. Shields have been around forever. Whether its Brig or any other Support, you would still have shields. When talking about specifically countering Brig, ranged DPS or a shield buster is literally a direct counter. She isn’t going to run up on a junkrat effectively by herself. His traps, mines, and nades would destroy her shield almost immediately. Same with Soldier or Bastion.

6 Likes