Activision Blizzard stock drops by 23% since the beginning of October

What’s going on? Why is this company failing? Why does it seem the community for every one of Blizzard’s games are disappointed and leaving?

12 Likes

I hope the Diablo thing hits them hard in the face. Maybe then they will make a reality check for their fans, and not some whales.

88 Likes

Activision destroyed Blizzard and Blizzard sold its soul to them, sad times.

74 Likes

Did people not like this wow expansion? I haven’t played much of it but I thought it was better than warlords at least lol.
And honestly I blame activision for a lot of their problems… like I’m 80% sure old blizzard wouldn’t have done mobile diablo like that, my guess is it’s Big Activision trying to break into mobile market

4 Likes

Oh no not again they already took Telltale Games D:

5 Likes

I don’t think it has much to do with OW. The game is actually doing quite well and OWL is incredibly profitable.

4 Likes

I don’t care about the stock. Just let me play Ashe already.

9 Likes

Thanks for reminding me to refund BO4

6 Likes

Since activision blizzard is a holding company for 5 different businesses - this thread is a bit of a reach.

6 Likes

Btw this was the Diablo April Fools Joke 2014 (a mobile game)

h ttps://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/13607363/ascend-to-victory-with-happy-reaper%E2%84%A2-4-1-2014

7 Likes

Its down 6.9% what the shrek

Dude, the market in general got wrecked in October. Doubt the majority of blizzards players buy shares.

Disclaimer: I have no position in Blizzard and do not plan to have one within 72 hours.

7 Likes

I feel so bad for the Diablo community…I haven’t seen a community so outraged since the Star Wars Battlefront II fiasco.

9 Likes

I think maybe the OP fudged a number or forgot to add a period. Does someone have a link? I did google it and found nothing in regards to a 23% drop.

1 Like

6.9, according to more reliable sources.
And the Economy is going down in general due to trade wars started.

3 Likes

At least with battlefront 2 you could actually play it on PC :^)

It’s sad when I actually genuinely feel this may be worse than BF2 :confused: But I think it might be…

It probably has to do with the diablo mobile game since i can’t think of anything particularly concerning on the overwatch side of things.

1 Like

What were you searching for? Just go to Yahoo/Google finance and search for ATVI symbol, and compare the price now and one month before.

3 Likes

The Diablo immortal fiasco extends further than just the Diablo community. Although other actiblizzard games are doing alright, it paints I very disturbing picture of the direction the company is taking.

5 Likes

Well the thing is that with all of these gaming disasters a lot of them are fixed at a certain point (No Man’s Sky is actually pretty good now, and even SWBII is way better). But seeing as this is resolutely a mobile game…even if it was ported to PC it would be just that: a mobile port on PC. It’s a joke, and Blizz has hog-tied themselves in a way that prevents them from fixing the main issue even if they wanted to.

2 Likes