Account got wiped when logging into ow2

I have the Same thing its weird because my nick name is the Same but all the progress is gone

3 Likes

I lost everything man!! Like Iā€™m hoping itā€™ll come back for reals
I had so many skins and everything

2 Likes

same I keep clicking it and nothing happens so Idk Iā€™m just upset Blizzard doesnā€™t address it and also address the situation I had many hour played on Overwatch and lost everything and treated as a new player

2 Likes

I think theyā€™re swamped and still treating it. At least, thatā€™s what I hope, so that a fix for those of us with nothing is coming along at some point.

After 4 Hours of waiting to see if my data had been recovered it seems like I just wasted my time! still nothing, no skins from OW1, no Heroes, and the pack that I bought for this game still not appearing. I wonder if blizzard is actually reading any of this :thinking:

1 Like

I"m happy to say that thanks to the patch this night, the merging system finally remember I had an account. Hope the same for you all !

POTENTIAL EXTRA FIX
So for everyone that was trying to merge their account on console but couldnā€™t click on the button uninstall and reinstall the game. I know it seems small but as soon as I reopened the game it acknowledged my OW1 account and Iā€™m in the queue to merge which is progress from nothing.

Update: after 24hrs of merging my account I finally received all of my cosmetics, stats and settings. I hope you all recover youā€™re stuff soon!! I wish you the best of luck and dont loose hope!!

3 Likes

Same here !! I see all my friends got their account fixed but mine hasnā€™t !! Iā€™m going to be really disappointed if I I lost everything

1 Like

I wasnā€™t worried before because they said they were aware of the problem regarding accounts being wiped even though you played Overwatch 1 and were fixing it, the they did fix it and all was goodā€¦ for one day, then it all got removed again, NOW iā€™m worried because theyā€™re listing this issue as ā€œsolvedā€ now in their list of known bugs and itā€™s RE-affecting me now, i just donā€™t wanna get left behind because they think they fixed the problem even though it happened AGAIN

4 Likes

i did the quick fix thing where you play at least 10 games and log off and then log in and it starts the queue for merge. I only played 4 games of the 10 but my stuff is in queue! ill let you know if it all goes well!

1 Like

Right all i did was add a number to my account other than that i put in the same email and am having the same problem and the merge button just dont do anything and i reslly dont want to restart

My Gf is on Xbox and still doesnā€™t even see the option to merge anywhere. Itā€™s just not on the screen. She didnā€™t realize it was mandatory even if you didnā€™t play any other console/pc version.

Blizzard did a really poor job advertising that it was mandatory regardless of if you had multiple methods of playing the game or not.

Between her not having any of her OW1 content and me getting locked out of my heros randomly with no rhyme or reason why itā€™s honestly ruining our relaxation time together. Playing Overwatch is a big part of our quality time between work and BS and this debacle is honestly disheartening for both of us.

Iā€™m really disappointed with how poorly this was done. Sad

1 Like

I finally got out of the account merge queue, but I am still missing all of my cosmetics. The game has equipped all of the skins that I had on previously but it is showing them as locked. All of the other skins I owned are also locked. My one golden gun for Junkrat is equipped, however the skin shows that it is locked.

1 Like

I finally got the whole account merge thing, and it said i was in the queue. All the characters are unlocked now, but no progress or skins etc. It also doesnt say im in any kind of queue anymore. Im wondering if i amā€¦and its just slow moving. :woman_shrugging:

Iā€™m with everyone here. I got only my Twitch drops and stuff from the Blizzcon packages. Also, the things won from Heroes of the Storm promotion. The rest is no where to be found. I hope they fix this. It hurts my soul losing so much I worked for in the original game. :frowning:

Same here guys im really bummed out

1 Like

I am still missing all my skins on Xbox as well I have so many and some that are not available due to be part of limited time events its a bummer. Plus for some reason i do not have access to all the heroes I had in overwatch 1. I need someone from blizzard to reach out but I doubt it will happen.

1 Like

Back to level 1 after install. My xbox account says linked but I dont have anything from before. Not a single thing as in Iā€™ve never played before.

2 Likes

this is exactly what happened to me i was on xbox now pc and when i got in on my pc and saw i had nothing i went back to my xbox and when i got on there it was the new account that was on my pc has anyone been able to talk to a human at blizzard about this i have only gotten replies for bots